Highlighted
Posted by DonaldArcher
Neutron

My free account now thinks it is commercial

Hello,

I have been using Team Viewer for personal use for years, and loved every bit of it.

but now, it is saying commercial use detected and won't let me log into my laptop at home.

I have had this issue before last year, and it was solved. and now it is happening again.

please can someone help.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: My free account now thinks it is commercial

same here, long time user.  Nothing has changed in my use, I only control my home PC when I'm away.  I filled out the form to dispute this yesterday, no contact and I still can't use TeamViewer without being kicked out of my sessions within a minute.

Highlighted
Posted by DonaldArcher
Neutron

It is getting really annoying,,,

I love team viewer. but I can't take the connection issues.

within the 1 minute intervals, every 10 minuts that you can connect, I ended up installing **third party product**.

It is not as slick as team viewer, but it works. and is free. 

if they fix my account, I will go back to team viewer, but at the moment, it is unusable.

Highlighted
Posted by nancyjolin
Henagon

I have the same issue.  I'm not using it commercially.  How do I get them to fix my account?

Highlighted
Posted by EyesOnThaPrize
Henagon

Re: Commercial Use for Students

I heard the fiscal numbers within TeamViewer are not doing so well. This is the result of the crazy action. I have used teamviewer for almost 9 years on my personal devices and today I got the same message. What a joke, $749 for a business use when I use it on 3 devices (my desktop, my laptop and my finance laptop.) Teamviewer did go public in biggest German tech IPO since dot-com boom on Sep. 25, 2019. Stock's are wavy for them. 

*uninstalls TeamViewer and installs a better 3rd party app

Highlighted
Posted by cjbreisch
Digon

@EyesOnThaPrize 

The reason they're having financial issues is because of their bizarre pricing. There's nothing between free and $600/yr.

If they had a limited use free version (so many minutes use per month, or even per session), and a personal use version for around $50/yr, I imagine that a good portion of their current free user base would upgrade.

I switched to another remote utilities for Windows application, and while I'm well within their license terms for free usage, I'm strongly considering buying their license [removed as per Community Guidelines] because I actually really like the application. It seems better, faster, and more reliable than TeamViewer.

[Removed as per Community Guidelines] I can't justify those kind of $$$, particularly when support is so awful.

I understand that free users are a drain on their resources. A free user certainly isn't free to TeamViewer. But they should be trying to turn them into paying customers, not forcing them to look elsewhere.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Highlighted
Posted by jaydubb71
Henagon

Im DONE with Teamviewer

Greetings.

Today, I tried to connect to my PERSONAL computers AT HOME from my work computers, from my PERSONAL laptop via mobile hotspot AND from the app on my phone. I was DENIED several times and received an error message telling me that COMMERCIAL USE WAS DETECTED. And, I couldnt switch back and forth between devices. These folks want me to BUY A LICENSE to connect to devices ON MY ACCOUNT! Oh well...

I've been using Teamviewer for YEARS. Im going to a different provider now.

SEEYA! Wouldnt wanna be ya!

Oh yeah. I did call customer service and the level or "Customer Service" was appalling!Yeah...

Highlighted
Posted by Friendlyneighbo
Electron

Teamviewer asks me to purchase a license and times me out

I am strictly using TeamViewer privately to help my partner & friends with whatever PC-problems they have and to connect to my own home-PC to start queueing for WoW Classic.

Yet this problem has appeared just recently and it's preventing me from using this application.

35 dollars a month is a bit hefty considering my usage pattern...

Help?

Highlighted
Posted by Luisorock53
Electron

Re: Teamviewer asks me to purchase a license and times me out

same problem with me, i tried to call customer service but they refered me to this site.. so frustrated

Highlighted
Posted by Melonc
Digon

Re: Support? What Support!

I filled it in a month ago and still getting flagged.  I service several elderly friends and my brother in a nursing home and they are all CONSTANTLY having small issues as none of them really know how to use a computer very well.  I am not paid for any of my services and it is NOT commercial use.  I have heard the wait can be up to 3 months or more for any reply from TV.  Sad.

Highlighted
Posted by Melonc
Digon

Re: we've detected you're using Teamviewer on a business network

Ha!  Instead of the moderator "removing the competitor link" from this message, how about removing the "commercial use" flag from everyone's free versions of TV instead?

Highlighted
Posted by Melonc
Digon

Re: Flagged for commercial use AGAIN

Hi Josh - I've filled out the form TWICE now in that past 2 months and I'm still getting the message about suspected commercial use and bumped off my connection.  I help several elderly people for free and my brother in a nursing home.  NOT commercial!  Please offer a REAL immediate solution to this problem.  Thanks.

ID **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** (please UNFLAG ME!)

Highlighted
Posted by Kushbot
Henagon

I have filled out the same form and I never got a response or any solution to my problem.... I would really appreciate a reply from TeamViewer I have been waiting for over a month for a solution for this problem!!!! @TeamViewer 

this has to be the worst support so far I've received for a product and worst way of getting in contact with anyone who can help!

Posted by shtolc
Henagon

They never reply too. Almost the same issue.

Highlighted
Posted by CryptoDude
Henagon

Downloaded Teamviewer But It Made Me A Business Instead Of The Free Version

I tried reaching out to support but they havent gotten back to me. I dont know what to do to fix it. I didnt even set it up as a business account either.

Highlighted
Posted by -Lo-
Henagon

Teamviewer stating app is being used for business purposes

I keep getting this statement when trying to use the app. I'm connecting to my home PC from my iPad. I have complained previously but no response coming back to me at all. Can anyone point me in the right direction. 

Highlighted
Posted by T8or
Photon

Re: Teamviewer stating app is being used for business purposes

I am getting this too all of a sudden after years of free usage. It looks like TeamViewer is starting to charge their free users as a money grab scheme. If this doesn't get resolved, I'm going to look for another software

Highlighted
Posted by Morbitron
Photon

Bump

Highlighted
Posted by Morbitron
Photon

Re: Downloaded Teamviewer But It Made Me A Business Instead Of The Free Version

Bump

Highlighted
Posted by Esilva916
Henagon

Commercial use form submitted more than 7 business days

I submitted a form to have my computer reset more than 7 business days ago. I have yet to hear anything back by email. Is there a way to get someone to look into it and tell me how long I need to wait.  I use it on my home computer and my mobile. So your detection value is a little wonky. 

Highlighted
Posted by CryptoDude
Henagon

Re: Downloaded Teamviewer But It Made Me A Business Instead Of The Free Version

.-. why dont they respond

Highlighted
Posted by Esilva916
Henagon

Have you found any? I'm having the same issue

Highlighted
Posted by Jmas
Henagon

Comercial use

Hello.

Why am I getting the message "comercial use" if I only use it for my personal computers?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Posted by ClaudevdRyst
Trigon

Re: Comercial use

Why are you still using TV if there is better out there?

Highlighted
Posted by Jmas
Henagon

What's the other solution? 

Highlighted
Posted by ClaudevdRyst
Trigon

Have a look at **Third Party Product**. I might as well get flagged or message will get deleted by admin.

Highlighted
Posted by Jmas
Henagon

PM me... 

Highlighted
Posted by Melonc
Digon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

NOT RESOLVED!  NO RRESPONSE. :-(

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Suspect Commercial use on one device

I have 6 devices, 2 desktop iMac's, 2 Macbooks, and 2 or 3 iOS devices for remote access.  My 2nd iMac is a newer unit late - 2014 iMac 5k macos Catalina; and recently added an iPhone 11 and iPad 5 for remote access when away in Dominican Republic, my wife's country and working with immigration for some time.  Recently tried to access my iMac 5k, which is the Lead or Host computer and now get that msg many here are getting, suspect commercial use, or sometime detect commercial use, with an OK or More Info botton, which takes you to a request to pay **Please do not Discuss Price**.  Yikes!    I have been using TV since 2012 I think, and never an issue; but now, and only when trying to access my newer iMac 5k with macos Catalina do I get the msg.  I can connect with the older mid-2011 iMac using Sierra 10.12.6, and eith macbooks with never and issue.  I have filled out the form online so TeamViewer can access my setup, and my long history with them as a personal use only.  I was surprised to see so many have the same issue; and, hoping we can all find a fix, so, we may use TV once again.  I desperately needed a few documents on the iMac 5k, which I use mostly; but, could not access long enough to find the documents needed for immigration in Santo Domingo for my wife's visa to come to America.  I have heard nothing from TV folks, and just tried to call them and specifically asks if you are a free personal user, and says come here then hangs up on you.  Hmmmm...   Well, it is free, but of no use currently for us folks with this msg and blocking our connecting remotely.  This really ended up hurting us badly this time; and, the trip to Santiago and bus ride to the capital Santo Domingo US Embassy was wasted.  In that country documents for ID, birth certificates have to certified every 90 days!!!  Not like here good for life.   Crazy...  But, this must have evolved either for having to constantly going to numerous locations and waiting in hot weather with a huge crowd of people for your number to be called, then get in a line, which goes to several other lines, having to pay 300 - 800 pesos at each.  That is not a lot, as the exchange rate is 55 pesos to the dollar.  But, it does add up; and, the trip there and back is expensive, requiring numerous  trips.  I have no business, not working and retired.  I do not understand how their system could flag me as suspect for commercial use?  Does anyone know if there is some setting or some limit or some type of use that one should not engage in?  Has anyone received a response with any type of explanation?  I tried a chat session here just now, but ended up talking to myself, although it did allow me to send my messages.  Just no one eve responded, nor gave any indication what happened with all my sent messages.   Hopefully, someone will chime in and assist me. [removed per Community Guidelines]  I did use **Third Party Product** also some years ago until they went completely commercial.  I do not think any of us here could afford, or justify **Please Do Not Discuss Price** to occasionally connect with your remote computer for files needed elsewhere a few times a year. I just like to connect and see that all is working, so, when that very much needed moment comes, like it did recently, all goes well, and quickly.  But, I got cut off intially, then completely blocked, saying must wait some specified length of time.  That does not work when at the US Embassy for your interview and they need a document which you may send by email to them; but, I could not do it at that critical moment.  Now, must start over in the process.  I have never been so dismayed by a setup that I tried out so many times and never a problem.  Then, when the time came....  Blocked!   Please give a reply if anyone has some knowledge of what one may do, or not do so this message and blocking does not get flagged.  Best, Seth Thomas

Highlighted
Posted by TonyaG
Digon

Re: Suspect Commercial use on one device

At the end of September, I filled out the form for one of my laptops in my home that I was getting the "Commercial use detected..." message for and TeamViewer had it fixed one week later. I then filled out the form for the TeamViewer app that is on my phone to get freed up for personal use on October 11th, well over a month agp, and I am still getting the "Commercial use detected..." message - So, that means they have overlooked my request or they decided that they believe it is being commercially used - I will never know because they haven't sent me an email about it. They did send me an email that my laptop had been freed up for personal use over a month ago though a week after I filled out the form for it. So, I went ahead and filled out another form for my phone and maybe they will take care of it this time?

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Finally posted!  But, for how long... We shall see.  I know it is a free version; but, locking up my computer when I deleted all the TV files I could find that did not get deleted from an uninstall, I find rather unsettling.  However, we shall see what happens from here.  I suspect I will be placed on some black list and my account will be permanently flagged to not work.   Well, I thought folks should know about this experience; and, that so many files are placed everywhere in one's operating system folders of all types it was incredible.  I have never seen anything like it; and, I have successfully deleted some very nasty ones including MacCleaner, MacKeeper and the like..  Those actually were easy; but, may be ones folks know about.  TV SW required a complete erase and reformat of my boot SSD, and reinstall of macos and a recent backup of my system setup to get things working again.  Best, Seth

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

As you can see my post has subsequently drastically edited and many thing deleted.  They completely control what is said here.  How American.  And, one message has been completely unposted, as it was revealing of the many files that cannot be deleted once TV is installed; and, if they are deleted, your desktop will lock down and will not complete a startup.  Look elsewhere for what other folks have to say.  Folks have posted the exact file name and message received when they get their computer locked up by TV SW files that were deleted.  I suspect this message will not get posted either.  Best, Seth

Highlighted
Posted by Daleeh
Henagon

I'v been using TV to assist a visually disabled Veteran and sent them the information they requested which resulted in a message that they were reinstating my free use.  However after about two weeks got the same message again.  They don't identify which ID is in question, so I provided both ID's in both responses.  Now I get the "timeout" disconnect plus the "commercial use" nag.  I believe they are obviously trying to push people to a paid status.  If their prices weren't tiered such as to punish individuals who might be wiliing to incur a small annual fee,  I would consider that.  I hope they get their obviously biased algorithms fixed soon.

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Yes, total control of what is said, and what cannot be said.   That is crazy.  How can people interact effectively if every other sentenced is sensored?   This is American, yes?  TV?  And we are in America, yes?   This is rather outrageous.  

Highlighted
Posted by Daleeh
Henagon

Unfortunately TV is a German company.  They just need to fix their "detection" algorithms so they don't flag obvious personal use.  They may be overloaded because so many ID's are being flagged by bad agorithms.  Hang in there!

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Ok.   Thank you for the response. You are connected with teamviewer team?  Yes, I suspected a change was made in their flagging routines, and somebody got overzealous, and now they are inundated. 
  Best, Seth 

Highlighted
Posted by Leosenko
Trigon

Just out of curiosity, do you also get less than a minute duration of the connection under commercial use suspected, despite the warning that you will have 5 minutes before the connection is terminated?

Highlighted
Posted by Leosenko
Trigon

Re: Connection issues with update on Mac and TeamViewer

Actually it is quite difficult to find any viable alternative. Most other solutions assume only windows support. What one really needs is a multiplatform solution (ideally including mobile devices). If you are talking about **Third Party Product**, while they work on windows and linux, their performance is just significantly slower when it comes to video performance and their support of osx is just abysmal.

Highlighted
Posted by ClaudevdRyst
Trigon

I have said goodbye to TV 2 years ago. I just shake my head to those who are still clinging to TV. Greed is TV's slow death. TV will be in the museum soon that Blackberry is in.

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Can you code somehow what SW you got up and running with good customer support? I have called, tried to use their chat session they display on the bottom right, and sent in the forms they say to fill out to prove private use, with absolutely no results at all from anything. Calling that was a joke, as it said if you are using a free licensE.  [The sentence has been removed as per the community guidelines.]

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Yes, I had initially a very short connection and then was abruptly disconnected before I could really do anything.  and subsequent attempts to connect were blocked completely.  Folks are talking about alternative and have said goodbye to TV up to two years ago, and I'm trying to find out what SW it is. Can you code it if you happen to know? Awesome Blossom The day I can erase my hard drive my boot dryers and do a fresh operating system installed and then install a recent back up so I know there are no residual TV files left behind. There must be at least 80 files they hide in every conceivable place you wouldn't even think of. And if you do find them and you delete them On start up your computer it will lock up displaying a message that clearly let you know that they know you have deleted TV files they don't want delete it but evidently some invisible files remain that are responsible for the lock up.  and start up your computer will lock up displaying a message that clearly let you know that they know you have deleted TV files they don't want deleted but evidently some invisible files remain that are responsible for the lock up

Highlighted
Posted by rfell
Henagon

Teamviewer continues to bully privative users and makes false statements!

Today, I received a message that Teamviewer cannot connect to my partner PC because the partner PC has a higher version. This is clearly a wrong statement because the partner PC has the same version 14. 

I made the update to version 15. Big mistake! Now the connection to my partner PC is blocked. In version 15, Teamviewer implemented a connection block of 10 minutes, which means that one cannot access the partner PC and has to wait. Is there any better way to upset users? It is the opposite of improvement. It is user bullying. 

Why is a good company turning a good product into bad? 

Highlighted
Posted by rfell
Henagon

Team Viewer 15 - SCAM! Commercial use!

My friends, be careful! 

Teamviewer continues to bully private users and makes false statements!

Today, I received a message that Teamviewer cannot connect to my partner PC because the partner PC has a higher version. This is clearly a wrong statement because the partner PC has the same version 14. 

I made the update to version 15. Big mistake! Now the connection to my partner PC is blocked. In version 15, Teamviewer implemented a connection block of 10 minutes, which means that one cannot access the partner PC and has to wait. Is there any better way to upset users? It is the opposite of improvement. It is user bullying. 

Why is a good company turning a good product into bad? 

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Concur.  It's almost impossible to completely uninstall TV, and if you try by using various techniques that are more technical, it will lock up their computer at start up making it she use the most frustrating affair. You'll end up having to erase your boot drive reinstalling operating system and starting over to restore your working environment. The most tedious task. TeamViewerAuthPlugin.bundle.  Located in library and security folder if you delete this file your computer will be locked down at start up in a message go pier that's clearly from TV. Do a search on the Internet using the name of this file and you will see others have experienced the same thing.  There must be nearly 100 files they disseminate over your entire operating system and they are not completely eliminated by doing an uninstall. They have become greedy and out of control with a paranoid unethical methods for control over everything, and one feels like they're dealing with very restrictive countries with merchants censorship. 

Highlighted
Posted by ClaudevdRyst
Trigon

Don't know why everyone is still bothering with TV? The quicker you ditch TV, the quicker they will get the message. There is so many other solutions out there and I have been using this specific one for the past 2 years without any hastles.

Highlighted
Posted by Leosenko
Trigon

[Removed Per Community Guidelines]but as i have posted previously, all tv competition lacks terribly in performance, especially in non-windows environment, osx is an example. Plus, their solutions tend to be silly when it comes to ease of use. At the moment, there is NO alternative that would give one such a wide variety of devices to control at such an amazing performance (i can watch video over tv somewhere over the atlantic). I can get to my grandmothers tablet to set things up for her with tv. I strongly dislike tv and the whole incompetent buch of their math deprived developers but there is nothing better, period.

Highlighted
Posted by Leosenko
Trigon

@ClaudevdRyst wrote:

Don't know why everyone is still bothering with TV? The quicker you ditch TV, the quicker they will get the message. There is so many other solutions out there and I have been using this specific one for the past 2 years without any hastles.

I don't mean to sound supportive of tv, i am not, but there is simply no alternative performance wise and one which would support linux, windows, osx, android and ios. Have you tried e.g. **Third Party Product** in osx? Unusable. They have other annoyances to mess with  you such as a missing list of remote computers.

Highlighted
Posted by Sethλ
Trigon

Thank you for your quick response. Good luck to you.

Highlighted
Posted by ClaudevdRyst
Trigon

I beg to differ though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have this alternative on my Linux machine and access Windows and Apple devices from it. I have the app on my Android smartphone as well and works perfectly for me. I can do everything I used to do when using TV.

Highlighted
Posted by Leosenko
Trigon

@ClaudevdRyst wrote:

I beg to differ though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have this alternative on my Linux machine and access Windows and Apple devices from it. I have the app on my Android smartphone as well and works perfectly for me. I can do everything I used to do when using TV.

Again maybe there is a different solution that i know of. i just web searched alternatives to their product and tried a few, most of them were totally unusable, only one that was close was ... Can you quickly post the name before they delete it?