Highlighted
Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

Re: teamviewer become commercial.


@Closed account wrote:
and I have nothing to do with dogs!

You mean, not that you would want aired in public... LOL!!

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: teamviewer become commercial.


@7leagueboot wrote:

@Closed account wrote:
and I have nothing to do with dogs!

You mean, not that you would want aired in public... LOL!!


I guess you found the sites LOL!

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: teamviewer become commercial.

I've just received an email about a post by @bazbsg and, when I click on the link, I get 'Access Denied'.   

Would you believe it?

Well, on reflection, I suppose YES, - this is the gestapo forum after all!"

Highlighted
Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Re: teamviewer become commercial.

@Closed account 

I got an email stating that my post was removed because I was advertising competitor products.

I didn't mention a single competitor product. I just asked if I switch to any other product if I would have to give up two features of teamviewer that I like, file transfer and VPN. How come other post just have the competitor product name censored but my entire post was deleted?

I wonder if the censors work 24/7 or just during Germany working hours.

Highlighted
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: teamviewer become commercial.

Me too! Moved to the alternatives and which is good so far!

Highlighted
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: Please upgrade your license - personal use.

I waited 5 months but still blocked. I gave up now and switched to an alternatives. That is very similar to TV and free of charge!

Good luck!

Highlighted
Posted by tinkerstoys
Trigon

Re: teamviewer become commercial.

Feedback is like respect you must give it to get it!!! Thanks!!
Highlighted
Posted by Serpiko
Photon

Help activation commercial license for error

help I had activated the commercial test and now at the expiration tells me that I can not use teamviever with my account because license expired, but I am a private user how can I solve?

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Help activation commercial license for error


@Serpiko wrote:

help I had activated the commercial test and now at the expiration tells me that I can not use teamviever with my account because license expired, but I am a private user how can I solve?


I suggest you do a search through this thread.  That question has been asked hundreds of times and much advice already given.

Highlighted
Posted by endbase
Henagon

Re: Licensing

Hello,

I'm new to the forum because I have a problem with my free license teamviwewer is stating that it suspected commercial use wich is not true so I filled in a form of declaration and as instructed have send it to service@teamviewer.com but that returns with a message that it's not used any more so that is why i'm posting here now below the declaration i have to send

 

My filled in form

If somebody can help with this I will be thank full

 

Greetz endbase

Highlighted
Posted by Grant837
Trigon

Re: Help activation commercial license for error

He all, what could we post say on LinkedIn, where our professional lifes are attached, about TV treatment of those who they claim there is a free version, and the very poor service without ruining our reputation as 'complainers'?

Is there one good post here, or outside, we can all amplify?

I think TV needs to learn the power of social media now....

Just an idea...

 

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Help activation commercial license for error

I’m starting a blog on my own website shortly. :-)
Highlighted
Posted by Funk
Digon

Re: Help activation commercial license for error

Still no response from Teamviewer my end.  **bleep** 'em, I've got a perfectly good alternative up and running and won't be looking back.

Also the company I work for will never use Teamviewer now, nor will the clients I supply!

 

Well done Teamviewer. Well done.

Highlighted
Posted by VsUK
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I've been using TeamViewer for years as a free user. This software is still offered for free for personal use only. And I only use it to connect to my 3 son's computers to fix any problems they have when they're at home with their mum. It saves the yo-yo trips back n forth every time they have a problem. But I've started getting commercial use detected randomly popping up & limiting my connection to 5 minutes & then blocked for 10 after that about a year ago. 
I filled in the form & they responded, resetting my ID within a month. But it happened again & again & again. Until it happened again in Fab & I filled in the form & I am yet to receive a response. 

I'm starting to feel like they're trying to push us to buy a licence. Which if you ask me, is way over priced & I would never dream of paying that sort of money, just to connect to my childrens PC's every now & again. Until they stop offering this as a free service for personal use only. They should handle these resets in a timley mannor. No way should this take this long for a reset. And the fact that it keeps on going back to commercial use detected, even though I've not added any new PC's that I connect to, nor have 4 or 5 session windows open, the max has always been 3, due to having 3 children. I feel there's something fundimentally wrong with the way it detects. I don't think its accidental either. More deliberate. I've always recommended Teamviewer to friends who are looking for something to use personally. But I've stopped recommending this due to the blatent forced nature of trying to make you buy something they say should be free. 

Highlighted
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Haha! You know their tricks now! But you still can use for almost 1 year before they forced you to buy the super pricy package from them!

Highlighted
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: Help activation commercial license for error

Fill in the form and wait, good luck!


@Serpiko wrote:

help I had activated the commercial test and now at the expiration tells me that I can not use teamviever with my account because license expired, but I am a private user how can I solve?


 

Highlighted
Posted by gift666
Henagon

Re: Commercial use alert every few weeks.. its driving me crazy.

Exactly it is ridiculous.  I have a Raspberry pi on the SAME LOCAL NETWORK so it's obviously not commercial use!  It doesn't have a monitor so I have to use teamviewer. 

I tried using the 5 minutes you get to install **Third Party Product** (alternative) and it ended after 30 seconds so they lied about that aswell.

The only way of contacting them is that form which they don't answer, and if you leave feedback with their system you get an error.

Highlighted
Posted by gift666
Henagon

Re: Commercial use alert every few weeks.. its driving me crazy.

I can't even use the 5 minutes to install alternatives because THEY LIED it's 10 seconds!

Its on the same local network for goodness sake, like im at work remoting into a computer right next to me!  Why can't they detect it considering local network?  Because like you say, they are forcing you to pay for it.

I'm so annoyed about it, I just need to access it to install a better alternative!

Highlighted
Posted by dx4
Henagon

Commercial use form problem?

It's that time of the year again where teamviewer suspects commercial use for no reason.

I filled our the form here but I didn't even recieve quotation by e-mail. Is the form working? It's been 2-3 weeks and I've never recieved a single e-mail from teamviewer support.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in the form? Shouldn't I at least recieve a quotation by mail when I submitted the form?

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Moderator

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Hi @dx4 ,

thanks for your post. Welcome to the Community!

Please send me your email address, so that I can check in our system, if we received your request. 

Have a nice day :)
Alena 

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Highlighted
Posted by shay3k
Henagon

Re: teamviewer become commercial.

I'm having the exact same issue where TV is telling me that I am using it for commercial use yet I am using it for private use. Filled out things and STILL got no response and having issues using it. When will this be resolved?

Highlighted
Posted by shay3k
Henagon

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Hi Alena, please check mine as well because i can tell you for a fact I am not using TV for commercial use. **please do not post personal information** I need this issue resolved.

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Moderator

Re: Commercial use form problem?

thanks for sending me your information @dx4 and @shay3k ,

I can confirm that we received your request and that it is still open. Our dedicated team will take care of it as soon as possible. Please be aware that we receive a lot of requests and that it takes some time.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience

Have a nice day, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Highlighted
Posted by dx4
Henagon

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Thanks for your quick answer.

However, I still wonder: why didn't I recieve quotation by e-mail?

When I sent the form I checked the box in order to recieve a quotation/confirmation e-mail. However, I didn't recieve any. Thus, I wasn't sure if the form worked properly and if you recieved my request. Is that a bug on the form or did I do something wrong?

Highlighted
Posted by oschott
Henagon

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Hello Alenac,

 

I send the form back signed that i use teamvier for free the 11 march and resend the 9 april we're now end may?!

Why the tickets do i have to wait so long time please?

Can you loock if the ticket will be handled?

 

Thanks 

Regards

 

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Commercial use form problem?


@AlenaC wrote:

Our dedicated team will take care of it as soon as possible. Please be aware that we receive a lot of requests and that it takes some time.

Have a nice day, Alena


If your monitoring software worked properly, the workload for your "dedicated team" :-) would be a fraction of it's current load.   Try spending a little time on refining the algorithm about so-called commercial use thus using the time of your technicians more wisely!

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Moderator

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Hi @oschott ,

thanks for your message. Please keep in mind that forms are processed oldest to newest. If you email again, the timeframe is reset. But all the requests will be handled :)

Best, Alena

 

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Highlighted
Posted by DuaneFal
Electron

TeamViewer incorrectly thinks I’m using the software commercially

Hi 

I have a teamviewer account that I use to connect to my home pc from work to check personal emails and manage my home network.

It has been incorrectly flagged as being used comercially, can anyone help me to remedy this.

Thanx in advance

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Commercial use form problem?

I've only completed the form once and, if I remember correctly, that was in March.  I've had no acknowledgement of any kind.

Highlighted
Posted by art11
Henagon

How to remove the restriction?

Я использую для домашнего пользования, но выходит сообение что я использую для фирвы. Как убрать это увидомление!?

=---

I use for home use, but it turns soobsenie that I use for Pervy. How to remove this seeing!?

Highlighted
Posted by oschott
Henagon

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Hello AlenaC,

Why when i called on phone, they told me to resend the form? 

I agree with others why we don't have become a mail that tell you that teamviewer become the email.

But the 3 or 4 weeks are definitive not a standart.

For me its 2 months now.

 

 

 

Highlighted
Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Re: Commercial use form problem?

@AlenaC 

SInce the process takes so long, why don't you restore the usage to the user while the team is taking care of it. Innocent until proven guilty. If the team then determines the usage was really commercial, they could give the user a week to appeal or to decide to buy a license before being cut off. Users that the team determines are personal user could have their usage continued almost seemlessly.

Highlighted
Posted by SYS288
Henagon

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Well, since you got a reply, I might aswell try also.

Been getting "Commercial Use Detected" for a couple of weeks now, and since I have filled the form and not getting a reply nor a reset, I might aswell try my luck here?

I ONLY use it for connecting to my childrens computers (inhouse and same LAN), and my parents in the other end of the country.

Been a happy free user for years, but must admit, that this is getting tiresome, and i'll be looking for alternatives, since nothing happens :-(

 

Highlighted
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Fill in the form and wait! Good luck!

Highlighted
Posted by endbase
Henagon

Re: Licensing

thx for removing my picture ! I hope it's getting solved because this is rediculous the way teamviewer reacts to multiple connections to my mother computer helping her with moving to here new house just my 2 cents

Highlighted
Posted by Doversole
Digon

Re: Help activation commercial license for error

Just got an answer from they wonderful and efficient customer service offering me the commercial product for a discount.

Fanstastic, no? just to help my parents? Are you kidding me?

 

Highlighted
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Help activation commercial license for error

@Doversole : how much's the discount? :)

Highlighted
Posted by shifman
Photon

My account expired, want to switch to personal use

By mistake I have installed the commercial version on my computer, and right now no matter what I do I can't change my account to personal use.

Is the program still free for personal use? If it is there is some way to remove yourself from the commercial users and become a personal user?

Highlighted
Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Hello Esther,

Your post included "What is commercial use? – Click to find out". If you click on that link, it takes you to a pricing page so you might want to edit it.

Regretfully, your solution is a total non-solution, at least in my case, because I did complete the form and had my application rejected because the sales person who answered me said my email address belonged to a company. The fact that I am retired and have only ever used TeamViewer to assist 2 friends who are computer-challenged by their lack of skills, makes my usage well within your Personal Use parameters but, because I still use an email address that once belonged to a company (that imported stilts), I am deemed to be a commercial user.

Like I said, I am retired and the company closed down in 2013. I wonder how many other Personal Users have a company email address? And since when does one's email address dictate what you use TeamViewer for?

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!


@7leagueboot wrote:

Like I said, I am retired and the company closed down in 2013. I wonder how many other Personal Users have a company email address? And since when does one's email address dictate what you use TeamViewer for?


Join the club..  Trying to get through to TV and get any meaningful result is like lobbing stones into a bog:  you see the splash, then it disappears for ever!

TV just don't care.   They are arrogant in the extreme and, mistakenly, think the image they've been creating here doesn't matter.   They will learn to their cost in time.  By then it will be too late.

Along with hundreds of others I've moved elsewhere with absolute satisfaction.   My forty plus clients have been advised to do likewise and I know several other software developers who have similarly advised their clients.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

How many hundreds of times do TV have to be told that filling in the form DOESN'T WORK!!!

 

Highlighted
Posted by VsUK
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

My friend who has only ever used TV to connect to 1 other computer in his house, that he runs 24/7 has a server for various games for friends to play with on. And the TV rep rejected his claim, claiming he was using it for business due to his email account. Which was odd, because he used a gmail account that he's had since gmail first started. 

I can see some legal action being taken. Because it's false advertising. Advertising something as free for personal use. But they make sure it's very problematic to use & ram offers to pay for something you don't need or want. 

 

Highlighted
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

@VsUK : ok, good idea with the legal action, but what would you claim because the personal use was free?

Highlighted
Posted by VsUK
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

It only takes so many complaints to the relevent organisation that handles unfair or misleading advertising. Seeing as Teamviewer is based in Göppingen, Germany. An EU country, who have recently improved their laws on scrupilus advertising or offers. Because Teamviewer is advertised as "FREE" for personal use. But no where does it say, for a limited time only. And for no reason what so ever,  you get switched to the commercial use detected & they refuse to help you. Falsely claiming its being used in a commercial fashion. Despite the logs they seek, showing otherwise. 

Its false advertising or using the word "FREE" to lure people in, then after a short while, throw everything at them to try & make them pay for something that should be free. 

It makes no difference if something is paid for or offered for free. They are rules & practaces which are not allowed. And I get the strong feeling, the way TV push people down to paying for something, by making their "FREE" product virtually useless, breaks such rules.  

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Okay, so how do we pursue it? Where do we go to register a complaint?
Highlighted
Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!


@Closed account wrote:
Okay, so how do we pursue it? Where do we go to register a complaint?

Here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=EN

However, you should know that once you have completed the form, you will be asked what outcome you expect and what damages if any you feel are due to you? To that, I would remind you that the application was supplied free of charge so, unless you have been financially affected (impossible for non-commercial use), the best you could expect is for the EU to oblige the company to respect its stated terms and conditions. Given that you have already moved to a very worthwhile competitor, is there any point?

Making an official complaint may be of interest to those with a paid license who have been having trouble with the application dropping out. It may even be useful to free users who have no desire to move to a better platform.

As someone who spent the best part of my working life in marketing, I'm just curious as to how this new strategy of theirs plays out and I'm watching with avid curiosity. It's a suicidal policy so the results are of course predictable however, on the TV forum you will only see complainers. To view the result the policy is having on their reputation, one needs to check out competitor communities, product reviews on download sites, and of course, social media.

Highlighted
Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!


@Closed account wrote:
Okay, so how do we pursue it? Where do we go to register a complaint?

Very interesting! I replied to this question providing you with a link to register the complaint and full details on why I felt you would be wasting your time. The mods appear to have deleted my post. Perhaps you received a copy via email anyway?

EDIT: My post has reappeared. Perhaps it disappeared due to the maintenance they mentioned.

Highlighted
Posted by hgblade
Proton

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Couldn't agree more, although I suspect that the decision to flag my use as commercial is based on even flimsier evidence than my email account - which is a standard account with no commercial relationship whatsoever. I use TV for assisting a computer-illiterate friend and have a version on my laptop and the app on my iphone. I only use the app in 'emergencies' if I'm out of the house and get a call for help, but it's now considered to be commercial use by the app. My phone only has a gmail account and gets about 2 or 3 emails per month, so I suspect TV may also be looking at the apps I use. I have Word and Excel on the phone as I have a legitimate licence for Office on my PC which permits 2 extra copies - one is taken up by my phone. Word is never used, but I use Excel for sports statistics (and my wife's supermarket list!). 

TV seem to be totally uninterested in sorting this out, so I'm now trying to find a suitable alternative.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Remote disconected soon

I have two laptops(window & mac)
So i have many time remote my laptops.
Recently, when i try remote my laptop. It is disconnected and alert message “your connect is looks like business. Plese upgrade plan”

I dont’t use teamviewer for business.
Just if i need image file or information.
I was searched my laptop. That’s all

How can i do this problem?
Please answer for me!
Highlighted
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: Remote disconected soon

Please fill in the form and wait. Good luck!