Posted by kfsutops
Digon

Re: An interesting encounter...

There is a no reall method to the logic to detect commercial use. To me it's a **bleep** shoot just to get you to purchase their product. 

I have two computers. One doesn't have a monitor so I use TV to login two or three times a week. This apparently flags as commercial. 

Posted by skatingrocker17
Henagon

Commercial use detected?

Hello,

I'm seeing a message regarding commercial use and I'm being limited on how long I can stay remotely connected. I'm not sure how I've been flagged, what can I do?
Posted by kfsutops
Digon

Re: unblock me pls

Done this many times now and still not blocked or any communication from TV. 

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

Re: Commercial use detected?

Monst sensible users (like me) that were legally compliant but still mistreated by the company are finding their way to other solutions by using search engines like duck duck go go or google to find alternatives to TeamViewer.

TV's c-suite has made their priorities clear. Their actions to hamper freemium usage was ham-**bleep** and wrong. TeamViewer lost a lot of brand capital. The Internet hates TeamViewer, now. 

Posted by debariusp
Photon

Need Free Version on 1 PC.

Team Viewer is denying me access to 1 of my pc stating it is used for Biz/Commercial use. 

That is not accurate. I have logged into my work VPN before bc my work PC was down, but this is my personal PC and that is not something that will happen again anytime soon. 

Posted by DanLester
Digon

Re: Need Free Version on 1 PC.

C'mon folks. TeamViewer is generous in letting us use its services, but the commercial use police are out of control, and it is time to say goodbye.

Posted by vice86
Digon

I wonder what they screwed up/changed that so many free users are having this issue. 

Posted by kfsutops
Digon

That should be somewhat obvious. They do provide a great and realiable service, that costs money.

But, this is a money grab on their part. I believe the purposing obviscate how the process works and don't really do a whole lot to fix the ones the flagged as commercial by mistake. 

They have no loss in the game by initiating this process. You either pay or not use there service. You weren't paying in the first place so you aren't generating and revenue. You are just costing the money for the infrastructure they provide. This is why their response is what it is..... 

Again, I will probably never recommend this product to anybody ever. 

Posted by DanLester
Digon

There was a time when Teamviewer was pretty unique in functionality. That was the time when we adored them, and worried over unfounded accusations of commercial use. Those days are long gone.

Posted by carick70
Henagon

Re: free version vs commercial

May I ask if you've received a response from TeamViewer yet after submitting the form?  I submitted one last week and haven't heard anything as of today.

Posted by Redshift48
Electron

I too have recently received a notification from TV that my website was suspected of being commercial and I am locked out now.  This is not the case - it is a personal use website only, always has been.  I use TV to remotely maintain the website and make configuration adjustments as needed.  I filled out the support form documented above but have not heard back from them yet.  It has been about a week.  Should I submit another form?

Posted by Semola
Digon

Teamviever Suspected Commercial Use

Hi All, Sunday afternoon Teamviewer closed the connection I was making after 5 minutes, signaling a suspected commercial use. I have already opened the report to teamviewer, but now I realized that this is the third or fourth time it has happened to me in the last 2 years. As indicated in the ticket, I use Teamviewer only to assist friends and relatives. I have no commercial activity, I am an employee of an Italian olive oil producing company.
Does the fact that I get stuck repeatedly can depend on a teamviewer installation problem? Thanks to those who will answer me

Posted by Redshift48
Electron

Thanks for the kudo.  I am giving up.  I am tired of waiting.  TV decided my web site was commercial (dang, I had better check my bank account and see how much money I am making) and I have been ousted.  I have to have access to my observatory (non-commercial) and weather instruments (purely personal) so I need something now not whenever they get around to ruling on my case.  It is kind of funny.  Their message says I only get 5 minutes of use at a time but that translates to about 60 seconds.  And then they penalize me for 15 to 30 minutes before I can log back in. [removed per Community Guidelines] Goodbye TeamViewer.

Posted by halani
Henagon

What is the TV alternative? I need to find a replacement as well. I can’t use TV anymore for my personal use. I’m willing to pay too but not as much as TV is ridiculously asking for.
Posted by carick70
Henagon

I"m close to doing the same.  I use TV to help my mother and father-in-law, both over 70 year old, when they have a computer issue or just need my help with something.  I use it primarily to access a computer at a small local history museum (non-profit) that is all volunteer run and funded solely by donations.  I'm the treasurer (non-paid, as I said, we're all volunteers) and having access to the computer at the museum is a must.  Not only due I handle the finances, I also use the museum software to send out newsletters, fundraising letter, manage our contacts and record artifact donations.  I've been without acces for a week and the museum is 150 miles away from me.  It's been a nightmare.  I too only get about 60 seconds per session and have to wait at least 10 minutes between sessions.  Literally can't do a thing.  I'm looking into alternatives as well.  Hoping not to have to pay but will if I have no choice.  I think TeamViewer is holding out hoping that we will pay them.  I won't simply because they sprung this on us and won't respond. Would like to know what software you chose!

Posted by carick70
Henagon

Is "**Third Party Product**" the actual name or did TV just bleep out the actual product name? 

Posted by halani
Henagon

Looks bleeped. I am search for alternatives but want to know what he mentioned.
Posted by dtsteinb
Photon

Time Limit - Commerical Use

I am running a server at home that is a Domain controller and my pc's are connected.  When I try to teamviewer to one of my Virtual PC's it now thinks it is commerical use.  Is there a way around this? 

Posted by DanLester
Digon

Re: Time Limit - Commerical Use

Folks -

The handwriting is on the wall. The Teamviewer "commercial use" police are pretty much uncontrolled, and they are slapping that label on anything and everything. Time to move on. I can't list free substitutes for Teamviewer here (they don't allow it), but there are excellent ones, without the "commercial use" police. Teamviewer is the only one that has file management embedded in it for free, but it's easy to use a separate file management app on the side, like Dropbox. I'm bailing on Teamviewer. It was nice while it lasted, and when it was more or less unique, but those days are gone.

Movin' on.

Posted by chosterholly
Electron

Re: Teamviewer Support????

Thanks its works.i am also facing this error

Posted by Infty
Henagon

commercial use detected

commercial use detected
The session will be interrupted after 5 minutes.
Why do I get such a message if I do not use the program for business purposes ????

Posted by kfsutops
Digon

At least you received a response. I have yet to receive any response. 

I have started putting negative reviews on any website letting people know of this misguided policy and lack of response.

Again, I get that it's free but that's really not the point. If I received a valid response explaining "why" they believe I was using the software for commercial use than maybe my opinion would change. 

I just decided to upgrade systems to Windows Professional and using RDP. This is a cheaper solution long term. 

Posted by Phinley12
Henagon

No response to free use/Commercial Use.

Back in June 2019 I received a message to say that I was using my Team Viewer for commercial use.  This is not the case and I sent a declaration to Team Viewer confirming why I need the software. Basically ii is to help a friend who suffers from aphasia and remote use with his PC allows me to guide and help him.

Anyway - the decelaration form was sent and despite several reminders I have not heard a thing from the.

Any idea how I can get a response or where I go from here?  My friend is really struggling now and we are desperate to get this situation resolved.  All assistance greatly appreciated.

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

Re: No response to free use/Commercial Use.

@Phinley12 wrote:

Back in June 2019 I received a message to say that I was using my Team Viewer for commercial use.  This is not the case and I sent a declaration to Team Viewer confirming why I need the software. Basically ii is to help a friend who suffers from aphasia and remote use with his PC allows me to guide and help him.

Anyway - the decelaration form was sent and despite several reminders I have not heard a thing from the.

Any idea how I can get a response or where I go from here?  My friend is really struggling now and we are desperate to get this situation resolved.  All assistance greatly appreciated.

Same thing here...been sending it in, over and over. The lights are on, but no one is home. I sure hope the support for their paid services is better, but I'm not testing that theory. My use is totally hobby (accessing my ham radio log book from my little ham radio shack behind the house). Worked for a while, then thought I was a business of some sort. Purely hobby, I'm retired, and have been emailing for help for months. Can't access my home computer from the house at the lake, either. Nothing. Maybe I need to get out there and try to find some other service.

HELP TeamViewer!!!!!!

Dave

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

Re: Requesting official Teamviewer response to "commercial use detected"

Seems like they could care less, uless we pay up. I'd gladly pay a small fee for personal use, $10/yr or some such. Same thing here...been sending the form in, over and over. The lights are on, but no one is home. I sure hope the support for their paid services is better, but I'm not testing that theory. My use is totally hobby (accessing my ham radio log book from my little ham radio shack behind the house). Worked for a while, then thought I was a business of some sort. Purely hobby, I'm retired, and have been emailing for help for months. Can't access my home computer from the house at the lake, either. Nothing. Maybe I need to get out there and try to find some other service.

HELP TeamViewer!!!!!!

Dave

@da9el84 wrote:

Could we please have a member of Teamviewer comment on the large part of the userbase being suspected of commercial activity on their private teamviewer?

I myself was hit by this last year, I sent in the form and my license was once again "private".

Then a month ago I was asked to start a new trial, even though I have probably had this private license for 10 years or so. Trial expired and I logged out from teamviewer, logged back in and my old "private" status was back. A few days later I started seeing notifications about commercial use suspected and my teamviewer sessions now was limited and hasn't been working since.

I sent in the form again. I sent logs. I sent a signed paper confirming that I am indeed only using my teamviewer license for non commercial use, primarily remote controlling my own devices, and occassionally helping a few friends and my grandmother.

I sent in the signed paper almost a month ago. No auto-reply from "form-service@teamviewer.com" to indicate whether or not it was received and what the expected timeline for handling it. Follow up emails have gone unanswered too.

I know this is a free edition - your free edition is what got me to get a paid edition when I started my own company nearly 10 years ago.

Idea: If you are worried about abuse, then offer a private paid version. Something like 10USD  per year and then restrict it to only be able to connect to 10 different devices per month.

Or you need better metrics to identify your commercial use parameters. Seeing the giant 3000+ replies thread in her about the subject, something would suggest that your parameters are due for a tuneup.

, over and over. The lights are on, but no one is home. I sure hope the support for their paid services is better, but I'm not testing that theory. My use is totally hobby (accessing my ham radio log book from my little ham radio shack behind the house). Worked for a while, then thought I was a business of some sort. Purely hobby, I'm retired, and have been emailing for help for months. Can't access my home computer from the house at the lake, either. Nothing. Maybe I need to get out there and try to find some other service.

HELP TeamViewer!!!!!!

Dave

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

Re: personal use

My email address is from an old business, but I'm retired over a year and only used mine for hobby (remote connection for ham radio). They don't answer anything, I don't know how they would even expect us to pay a small fee, when they totally ignor us.

Posted by kfsutops
Digon

Re: Requesting official Teamviewer response to "commercial use detected"

I don't think they care because it''s free. 

I have given up and will actively seek out review sites and post warnings about this business practive for their home users.

If enough people do it maybe it will have some impact.

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

Does TeamViewer really care??

...Just wondering. Was talking to a number of people all over the USA on ham radio and mostly they all report the same non-service, never fixing their issue, etc. Same thing the literally hundreds of posts here are talking about. If anyone here knows of another free service (or one that has a small annual cost) for this, please message me or post here. My email is **Please do not post personal information** . A bunch of the guys I was talking to this morning said they were going to be happy to start advertising this lack of support for TeamViewer...ask Icom how it worked out for them. I get that it's free, but really, no response after some of y'all have been messaging a year? Many have said they'd be happy to pay a small fee to get it to work and have them answer an email, but it seems they're only interested in commercial big paying accounts. They also forget how many of us may have our fingers in business and would steer them away from operations like this.

Dave

Posted by kfsutops
Digon

Re: Does TeamViewer really care??

Yeah. I don't think they get that these home users also could have impact on business decisions. 

Either way, I would let as many people know if the type of customer response (or lack thereof) by TV.

Free options are becoming hard and harder ot find (which I am sure why this type of thing is happening at TV), but **Third Party Product** has a free service for home users connecting to computers on the same network (home network). There is a charge if you want to use it outside network,. 

Posted by Phinley12
Henagon

Re: No response to free use/Commercial Use.

my friend and i have tried other software but have found that they don't compare with TeamViewe.  Shocking customer service but I live in hope :)

Posted by Randy_Kennedy
Electron

Definitely not a commercial user

I have been using teamviewer for years, literally to remote into my PC at home to either check on something, or start a update/game while i'm at work. Im in and out within 5-10 minutes, but today I'm flagged as a commercial user?

How come when everywhere on this website says to submit a ticket it doesn't give me an option to submit a ticket but instead i'm redirected here? Is this Teamviewers way to avoiding helping people?

Looks like google is the way to go now. 

Posted by mdboxberger
Digon

Re: Commercial Use Detected - outbound from commercial network?

Under the new (2019-Aug) 'detection' program I can no longer connect to my home computer at lunch time because I'm trying to do it from my work PC.   

TeamViewer GmbH - can you allow outbound connections from a commercial environment as long as we're only using it for personal use?

Posted by TheSteamWolf
Electron

I have also seemingly been flagged

TV has told me my trial has expired. I've extended it, for now, but that will expire in a week. I've been using TeamViewer for personal since 2013 on the same account and I'd hate to have to make a new account and re-add my PCs. It's possible the reason TV thinks I'm using it commercially is because one thing I do with it is log into my own PC to surf while I'm on my breaks at work.

Posted by carloshakme
Henagon

I'm facing the same issue. I only use TeamViewer to access my home PC, to get some College homeworks, to help my mom to do some trick in her games. Or to configure some keyboard problem. But, TeamViewer insistis to block my access.

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

@carloshakme wrote:

I'm facing the same issue. I only use TeamViewer to access my home PC, to get some College homeworks, to help my mom to do some trick in her games. Or to configure some keyboard problem. But, TeamViewer insistis to block my access.

Yeah, so they don't have time to help any of us or offer a hobbist's type account for cheap, but it only took them about 5 minutes to delete every message I had sent asking about what the other 3rd party software for free home use was. Pffttt! Awesome service.

Dave

Posted by smash591
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer Support????

Did you ever get any love from TeamViewer? I'm stuck in the same morass and hating it.

Posted by smash591
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer for personal use has become a joke

I have the same problem. I have been loyal to TeamViewer for years and made sure to recommend the service to commercial interests, but now I'm rethinking that loyalty as TeamViewer has made life unbearable with the commercal use detected and less than 5 minute session timeouts. 

Posted by mross011
Henagon

Hate it now.  Between popups and terminating my connections saying I am using it commercially when I am just using it to access my personal computers at home while on the road.  Definitely going to find something different and recommend everyone else to do the same.  Now this message errors out LOL

Posted by rwilliams2929
Electron

I would need it for only 5 mins anyway, but keep getting kicked off after one minute and getting errors trying even post this msg. So stupid, how do we have this problem in 2019? 

Posted by Poquita
Henagon

I’m having same problem. In addition, I keep getting tagged as commercial user while I only access family members. Whatever algorithm they are using to seek out commercial users is useless. If they intend on getting rid of the personal use version, it would be better to just say so rather than angering them so much that they will leave.
Posted by lanejones1
Henagon

I keep getting the same message stating.its commercial usage being detected but I've never used it for anything but personnel.  Is there a competitor that offers another solution? 

Posted by mikeyvt
Henagon

I’m having the same issue being flagged as commercial use when I’ve only used it personally. Anyone find an alternative?
Posted by vthreee
Electron

this has happened to me as well. so frustrating.. it doesnt even stay connected for 5 minutes. i started moving to google remote desktop, an extension for google chrome.

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

@mikeyvt wrote:
I’m having the same issue being flagged as commercial use when I’ve only used it personally. Anyone find an alternative?

Good luck with that. They deleted all of the messages where I asked fro someone on here to share that info offline. They don'

t have the time to help, but they have the time to police this group and delete stuff. :-(

Dave

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

@lanejones1 wrote:

I keep getting the same message stating.its commercial usage being detected but I've never used it for anything but personnel.  Is there a competitor that offers another solution? 

I'm working on my blogs in the ham radio, rcairplane, and e-tech groups to help them advertise this behavior. This has been going on a while, hundreds of message here about it, but no help from TV.

Dave

Posted by VinnyGjokaj
Photon

Is TeamViewer Usage For School Considered Commercial?

Hey I've been using TeamViewer for a couple years now to remote into my school computer when im at my apartment, I tried remotting in today but I got the message that "I've been using it for commercial use and one of the acounts needs to get a license". I was wondering is that considered commercial use? I love teamviewer and wouldn't mind paying for a license but do they have any rates for college students? **Please do not discuss price** just a little to high for me right now! 

Posted by michalzn
Henagon

Team Viewer licence

Czech Republic ->

[translated by moderator using online translator]

Hi

When I want to connect to one of the computers under my ID **Please do not post email addresses** from my mobile device, the application says that this ID is probably used for commercial purposes and that the session will be terminated in 5 minutes. Then it even freezes for some time. What should I do? I use Teamviewer exclusively for private purposes.

Díky Michal

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

Remember when **Third Party Product** started doing this? Turned into a real piece of junk to deal with as a hobbiest. TV was all over it, talking about how they were there for us. Now, look where they are, they've degraded to that same level.

Dave

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

@WB4IUY wrote:

Remember when **Third Party Product** started doing this?

Hahahaha...Love how they edit and put **Third Party Product** in here any time we mention something else. TV, themselves, were a **Third Party Product** back when they were talking junk about their competitors. Now, they're acting exactly like the folks they were advertising against.

I'm on the most common platform out there, drop me a note at my user name with any info you might have for a solution.

Dave

Posted by WB4IUY
Henagon

Wow..I just spent some time over in many other threads in the community.. I knew TV had some issues here and there, but had now idea of all the problems people are having. Holy smokes.

Along with bugs, even paying customers complaining about support issues, and then lots of questions answered by TV people with the same canned response to go read in the Knowledge Base for their answer.

Guess I need to spend some time looking elsewhere for a solution. If the paying crowd are in a similar mess, there's probably not a good answer for us hobbist / personal users to be found here!

Dave