Announcements

Here you will find the download links for all modules
in version 9: TeamViewer 9

Posted by BuKToP
Digon

TeamViewer not working on Fedora 31

Just made an upgrade from Fedora 30 to Fedora 31. Using the latest TeamViewer 14.7.

It starts normally, but GUI freezes after a couple of seconds. Tried to uninstall and then install it again. No success.

Any ideas?

7 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by BuKToP
Digon

Re: TeamViewer not working on Fedora 31

Sorry for replying to myself, but Fedora is one of the major distributions out there and there is no official reply yet.

I've got some kudos from other members about this topic which maybe means that they have a similar problem.

There is another topic about problems with Fedora 31 here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-14/Fedora-31-WaitforConnectFailed/m-p/75457

And the problem there was solved this way:

"Problem solved by installing the "Other systems (not officially supported)" version. Something is wrong with the package version."

@Esther, can you please be so kind and give us some info?

1 Reply
Posted by BuKToP
Digon

Again replying to myself... still the same issue with latest TeamViewer 15.

The GUI just freezes after a couple of seconds. Using the 64 bit rpm package.

Posted by vinodpukale
Photon

Yes even I am facing same problem. I tried both 64 bit rpm and Other systems (not officially supported) 64 bit tar package but in both cases faced same issue. As soon as teamviewer generates user ID & password, immediately it gets strucked.

Please resolve issue

Posted by BuKToP
Digon

Yep... Totally useless on latest Fedora 31. It seems noone from the dev team is reading here. So no idea when (and if) this will be fixed at all.

:(

Posted by v1nc3n7jk7
Photon

Facing similar problem on Fedora 31. Main or remote window will freezed after click its menu bar. It is happend on wayland session.

My temporary workaround. Login to xOrg session when need to use it

Posted by BuKToP
Digon

Well it is maybe a Wayland related, but TeamViewer was working fine before Fedora 31 was released. Maybe the devs should update the packages to be compatible with latest Wayland or something?

@Esther, @DanielStm, please help us about this...

Posted by sethgoldin
Digon

What's going on here? Fedora 31 is a major distribution, and TeamViewer freezes up upon hitting "Options." I understand fixes can't be instant, but it would be nice if the devs could at least acknowledge that they can replicate these issues and can work on them.