Android TV Box Reboots

Rccm112
Rccm112 Posts: 3 ✭✭

i have a few android tv boxes. I am able to login to all of them. But when I take control of some I can see the remote screen but as soon as I click on anything the box restarts immediately. I have an M9s Pro Android 5.1 2gb/16gb

Tagged:

Comments

• magelic
    magelic Posts: 5

I have precisely the same issue. My android TV box is running Android 6.0.1 on an AmlogicS905X with 2GB RAM and 16 GB storage space. Boxes with the same processor and OS but half that capacity have no such issue with TeamViewer.

• venomyt
    venomyt Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

The same here. I have an AmlogicS905X adroid TV box  with 3GB RAM and 32 GB. I can see the remote screen, but when I try to control it it reboots immediatelly.

• Rccm112
    edited May 2023

Team viewer only seems to work on my 1G memory boxes. Everytime there is an update I think it's going to fix it but it hasn't yet. It doesn't matter if the box has lollipop or marshmallow, my 2G memory boxes never work.

One work around is to use the keyboard arrows and enter buttons. It's a **bleep** but it works to a degree.

• I'm having the same problem.  Its been a few months for you....did you resolve this or find a work around? 

Thanks, 

Gabriel

• Unfortunately, no change here. Been updating regularly as well, to no avail.

• Rccm112
    The only fix I have to offer is learn how to navigate without the mouse. I try to use keyboard shortcuts as much as possible. The problem is not my 2G boxes. I seem to only have the problem with mxq type boxes.
  • matipv1979
    matipv1979 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I had the same issue for a long time, random rebootings on my tvbox, I went crazy trying to find out what could it be...bought a new router and placed it nearer the TVBox, tried changing all network configurations, dynamic or static IP, etc, etc, then once I connected the TVBox through LAN cable the rebooting issue seemed to happen less often. The thing is one day the TVBox AC Adapter stopped working I bought a new one and as a recommendation of the person who sold it he told me to use an adapter with a little bit more output power than the one I had, the TVBox came with an AC Adapter with an output of 5V 2A and I bought a new one of 5V 2.5A or 5V 3A I cant remember exactly but the guy that sold me the adapter told me that there was no risk at all in giving the TVBox more amperage, so the thing is that once I connected that new AC Adapter, PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

• magelic

matipv1979,

Goodness, how I never thought of that! I bet we're on to something here. Thanks very much for the suggestion. I just bought a new power supply, looking forward to testing... Much appreciated.

• matipv1979
    matipv1979 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Have you tried? Was your problem solved?

• magelic

I have tried, bought a 3A power supply. Unfortunately, in my case it did not make any difference. Problem persists.