Posted by DmitriOneAction
Neutron

Re: Quicksupport Motorola G7 Plus with Android 9

Same roblem with Motorola One Action!

Posted by MichaSarka
Electron

Any updates from TeamViewer? G6 doesnt work neither.

Posted by mattozan
Photon

Still impossible to support a Motorola G7 phone with Teamviewer. I have a feeling they are never going to fix this?

Posted by Torontotechy
Henagon

That is just sad on the part of TeamViewer, as a professional company that seems to have good products, they lack good support.
You guys need to provide good support and keep updating yourself otherwise you guys will be next Nokia.
One other company needs to step up and their userbase will fall if they can't provide a robust solution.
@AlenaC
Posted by Koam
Henagon

Re: Can no longer view or control my android phone w/quicksupport

Everyone comming here for that problem, try:
On the Android with Quicksupport installed in Android not the Teamviewer app

from the App Info Page:
Advanced -> Battery -> Battery optimisation -> all Apps [selection is at the top] -> go to quicksupport -> don't optimise.

Alternativ, more convoluted way:
Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> Advanced [extends more options] -> Special app access -> Battery Optimisation ->tap "not optimised" -> select "all Apps" -> scroll in the list to "Quicksupport" and tap -> select "Don't optimise"

This is on an Android One device with Android 9, other ROMs might varry.
Posted by Miserly
Henagon

still not working on moto g7 supra (power). i hope this gets the attention it deserves to fix.

@AlenaC it's been awhile, any updates?

Posted by Argentino
Henagon

My Phone does not permit connection to my pc

Screenshot_20191105-204533.png2019-11-05.png

Posted by chrisuk
Digon

Why does the "solved" button on this topic lead to another topic where nothing is solved?

I have this same problem with the Moto G7 and I spent hours trying to figure out what the "special access" settings are, and why remote support won't connect.  Very frustrated.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: My Phone does not permit connection to my pc

Hi @Argentino ,

thanks for your post. Welcome to the community!

Could you please tell us your OS, version and your phone modell? Did you grant access to TeamViewer under your phone settings --> special access?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Posted by Argentino
Henagon

Motorola Moto z2 play XT 1710-07 Android 9 Versão PPS 29. 133. 30.  I tried many times, but could not grant access. 

Posted by rubenpbm
Proton

I have a Motorola Vision One, with Galaxy 9 and have the same problem. 

The issue is that apparently, the "special access" menu on settings no longer exists on Galaxy 9.
Im using the "host" app, should I be using that one? Is there a solution for this now?

Posted by ferrydekker
Digon

No there is still no solution. This problem has been going on for years now and it says its 'solved' but it is not. I've been waiting for a solution for so long now and I don't think its ever going to happen.

Posted by chrisuk
Digon

Such complete **bleep**.  I wasted hours on this before realizing there was no solution. A meaningful error during setup woukd have been nice, but the least they could do is make it clear what phones are supported and what phones are not. This company **bleep**.

Posted by TruCrosswings
Electron

The problem is, the app is requesting "Elevated Access" which is supposed to be under the Special Access menu in settings. But the Elevated Access menu doesn't exist. The app is requesting access to something that doesn't exist.

@AlenaC wrote:

Hi @Argentino ,

thanks for your post. Welcome to the community!

Could you please tell us your OS, version and your phone modell? Did you grant access to TeamViewer under your phone settings --> special access?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Best, Alena

Posted by TruCrosswings
Electron

You can see in these pictures that QuickSupport is trying to have "Elevated Access" granted for the app, but it does not exist as a setting. This is the reason it is not working.

Screenshot_20191118-103821.pngScreenshot_20191118-103816.pngScreenshot_20191118-103806.pngScreenshot_20191118-103744.png

Posted by TruCrosswings
Electron

I am using a Moto Z3 Play running Android 9, September 1, 2019 security patch.

Posted by Snaah
Digon

@Koam wrote:
Everyone comming here for that problem, try:
On the Android with Quicksupport installed in Android not the Teamviewer app

from the App Info Page:
Advanced -> Battery -> Battery optimisation -> all Apps [selection is at the top] -> go to quicksupport -> don't optimise.

Alternativ, more convoluted way:
Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> Advanced [extends more options] -> Special app access -> Battery Optimisation ->tap "not optimised" -> select "all Apps" -> scroll in the list to "Quicksupport" and tap -> select "Don't optimise"

This is on an Android One device with Android 9, other ROMs might varry.

This does not work on Moto G7+.

Posted by Snaah
Digon

Another user with a Moto G7+ experiencing the same thing on Android 9.

@AlenaC  Why is this post marked as solved, when it isn't?

Posted by Ivens
Electron

Another user with problems on Moto G7 on Android 9.

AlenaC  Please, reopen thispost because is not fixed yet.

Posted by ctunderw
Henagon

@AlenaC This problem is not solved as many people are still having this issue.  Currently there is NO solution.  When do you plan on having a fix for this issue?   My parrents just got a new Motorola Z4 running Andriod 9 and Quick Support no longer works.  It worked great on their Moto Droid 2 which was running an older version of Android.  When I try to connect to their phone it displays the message below.  When I click "OPEN SETTINGS" it looks like it is trying to open settings but just takes me back to the screen with TeamViewer ID.

Screenshot_20191128-130103.pngMessage from Android 9

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Hi all,

thank you for your posts. 

As I commented earlier, as soon as this topic changes or is resolved, I/we will inform you. 

Our engineers are working on it but due to the fact that we need the collaboration of another company, it takes time. 

Please note that this post is not resolved. The accepted solution just indicates the last update and the current status.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Posted by rdev02
Henagon

Hey Alena, thank for the update!

From where I stand it looks like a limitatiom in the platform(introduced in the recent versions), not the product(TeamViewer). I can recommend 2 things to make this discussion more productive:

1) State the root cause of the problem. This would direct users to make asks to Android, rather then here.

2) Improve the app to better explain the issue, when running on unsupported versions of Android. This would greatly reduce the amount of frustrationns and time spend diagnosing for your customer base.

Posted by NadineS
Neutron

Could it help if we all, thogether, call/email/reach out to Motorola an

@AlenaC wrote:

Hi all,

As I commented earlier, as soon as this topic changes or is resolved, I/we will inform you. 

Our engineers are working on it but due to the fact that we need the collaboration of another company, it takes time. 

Please note that this post is not resolved. The accepted solution just indicates the last update and the current status.

Best, Alena

Shell we all together call/mail/reach out to Motorola and Android to make clear that their paying costumers need help? Anybody knows where to go for help in android?

Posted by Snaah
Digon

@AlenaC wrote:

Hi all,

Best, Alena

@AlenaC I see my reply to your message has been removed. Why is that? It contained nothing that would require such an action.

As I saved a draft locally, here it is again:

Thanks for the update, @AlenaC. Patience is a virtue, especially when using a software that is free. ;)

I agree with @rdev02. The reason users are irritated is probably because the issue is marked as solved. If the forum software allows for it, a better option would be to mark it as "On hold" or "Working on". Also, a link to a thread on Google's support forum, which I assume is the company you need to work with, where the issue is being discussed would direct users of TeamViewer to where the issue should really be discussed.

Talking about patience, would you mind me directing you to another issue? It's about not being able to use international characters and hasn't received any attention from staff in one year.