Can't install Add-On: Samsung

MB_se
MB_se Posts: 1

The Teamviewer "Add-On: Samsung" wont install on Samsung Galaxy S10+. Works great on Samsung Galaxy S8.

I belive Teamviewer needs to publish an updated version on Google Play Store.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• KlausNV
    KlausNV Posts: 7

I have the same problem. Device is a Galaxy S10. I also think they have to publish an updated version of the add-o, because the last update was back in 2015.

• BPC-Support
    BPC-Support Posts: 4 ✭✭

I'm having the same problem with Galaxy S9, android version 9.

Any word on a solution, workaround, or  a fix for this issue?

• KlausNV

I think we have to wait until TeamViewer fix this issue. Or u step back to android 8 (oreo), if that is possible. 

• Duh
    Duh Posts: 8
    Did anyone try to install the older version to see if it installed,
  • Ah ok, hopefully they can fix the problem quickly. It's a shame it doesn't work on newer devices. Also no work around for it?

• KlausNV

The Problem is that the app was build back in 2015 and is likely to have an old API (API Level 23?). Since android pie it is required to have at least API level 26.

So the only solution is to step back to android oreo or to wait until TeamViewer releases an update.

• Not working on my S9+ either unfortunatley

• taktlos
    taktlos Posts: 2

Can someone from TeamViewer give us some details about the problem? On my Pixel 3 with Andoid 10, the screen sharing works (even though the remote control does not work)

• Tom_56
    Tom_56 Posts: 12

I'm having the same problem with Galaxy S10e and S10.

Regards, Tom

• I had the same problem on Samsung Galaxy A50 with One UI 9.1
    Can some one of developers fix it?

• EddyAM2689
    EddyAM2689 Posts: 2 ✭✭

The same thing happens to me, I think that since they have not updated Add-On: Samsung since 2015, and for Android 9 it does not work, that's why it gives an error every time I want to install it, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 + Android 9 One UI 1.1.

Please TeamViewer team update Add-On: Samsung.

• nibintpl
    nibintpl Posts: 3

Same issue is with my new Galaxy A50. The Add-on is showed in the playstore but the installation is failed whenever I tried. Even though it woring well on my Galaxy A5 2017 model. Hope teamviewer team will fix this soon.

• ErikB
    ErikB Posts: 1

Same problem here. We have S9 and A8. Both devices can't install the Samsung add-on anymore. Now TeamViewer is not functioning anymore.

Any reply from TeamViewer would be greatly appreciated!

• KlausNV

Hello guys,

i'm currently in contact with the TeamViewer Team about the problem. Their developers are still working on an update for the addon. But I have also good news:

I got an test version, which is working without any issues!!

I asked the Team, if i'm allowed to publish the apk here in the community, but until now no replay.

I will keep you up to date with the latest news.

Best regards,

Klaus

• Great News! Thank you very much!

• Tom_56

Wow,

thanks for the information.
    I really hope that after such a long time something finally happens.

Regards, Tom

• nibintpl
    Oh. This is a great news. At last something good is going to happen.
  • Really glad to hear they're working on the problem!

• Duh
    So any word if you are allowed to share it yet, because we really need it!
  • EddyAM2689
    EddyAM2689 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thanks, installed
  • nibintpl
    Thank you. I could install this version.
  • Tom_56

Thanks,

Installed on Galaxy S10, so far no problem.

Regards, Tom

• Duh
    Thanks alot! It works, the only isseu i can find is i can't wake up the phone if i connect, the screen is black and i can't push any button to wake it up. If i connect to my samsung j3 i get an blue button bar to wake up phone, i don't get it on my s8 and s9. Is there a work around for this? (The way i do it now is to call the phone and connect at the same time so the screen is on lol)
  • Tom_56

@Duh wrote:
    Thanks alot! It works, the only isseu i can find is i can't wake up the phone if i connect, the screen is black and i can't push any button to wake it up. If i connect to my samsung j3 i get an blue button bar to wake up phone, i don't get it on my s8 and s9. Is there a work around for this? (The way i do it now is to call the phone and connect at the same time so the screen is on lol)

The problem I have not, the screen is synonymous black, but when I swipe with the mouse from the PC, the phone is woken up and I can enter the unlock code, via the PC.

My Phones:

- Galaxy S7
    - Galaxy S8
    - Galaxy S10e
    - Galaxy S10

• Duh
    What if try to connect from phone to phone? If i connect from my s8 to my s9 i can't wake up the phone because there is no button bar. If i connect from my s8 to my J3 i get a little blue button bar wich i can use to wake up the phone.
  • Tom_56

@Duh wrote:
    What if try to connect from phone to phone? If i connect from my s8 to my s9 i can't wake up the phone because there is no button bar. If i connect from my s8 to my J3 i get a little blue button bar wich i can use to wake up the phone.

From phone to phone, I've never used TeamViewer.
    I basically do this only from the PC to the phone.

Supplement:
    I have just made the test, I remotely controlled the S10 with the S8, no problem. The TeamViewer host application is installed on the S10 and the Teamviewer remote control app on the S8.

• Duh
    Oke, but can you wake up the phone with your other phone if the screen is off, the remote works but only if i manually wake up the phone first
  • Tom_56
    Unfortunately, if the S10 has not been used for a few minutes, the host application does not start automatically and the connection does not open.

• Duh
    Ok, try this for me, make a connection and if you are connected turn of your screen and see if you can wake up the phone