Scrolling Issue

RShaffer86
RShaffer86 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Recently (within the past 2 weeks) TeamViewer randomly started "auto-scrolling" or "auto-focusing" on my mouse cursor. I am working on a 15.6" laptop and keep the view at 100% (no scaling) so there's both vertical and horizontal scrollbars, which I prefer. The scrollbars are still there but if I move my mouse to the right edge of the screen to use the vertical scrollbar TeamViewer "tracks" my mouse and automatically scrolls horizontally and it is extremely annoying.I have no idea how or why it started, and I can't seem to find any setting related to it.

I'd appreciate any help in turning this off!

Comments

• ardisian
    ardisian Posts: 1

I second the OP's finding. Been using TV for years and within the last 2-3 weeks it now 'edge scrolls'. That would be the best way to explain it, just as if you were playing an RTS game and wanted to scroll left, you move the mouse to the left of the window and it then pans. This is extremely troublesome of course since the mouse doesn't get locked into the window, and the panning doesn't actually work that well. So when you go for the scrollbar which some users are used to, it tries to auto-pan/scroll slightly as you leave the window to use the scrollbar. And just as you left it, as you come back into the window it Pans again, throwing off the area you are trying to look at.

This 'feature' is also mention in another post: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-13/TV13-unattended-access-win-8-1-all-windows-scroll-to-bottom/m-p/32717

Why's it panning, and how do we disable it?

• Thirding the OP's concerns - incredibly annoying "feature".

Can we get a response from someone at TV please ?

• leomax
    leomax Posts: 1

Same thing here. This new scroll method is very annoying. In my oppinion, such interface changes should have easy ways of disabling them.

New users may get used to it, other users probably didn't even noticed. But for me, at least, it's very frustrating because I have to connect on computers with screen resolution of 4080x768.

• FreddyG
    FreddyG Posts: 1

Hi,
    I don't know if this is a universal workaround, but at least on my computer it often helps if I switch to/from a maximized TeamViewer window, and then back - then the autoscrolling "turns off".  Example: starting with normal window, "autoscroll" bugs the h*ll out of me; switches to maximized window; switches back to normal window - and "autoscroll" is mercifully gone.