Existing License, new laptop?

I have a TeamViewer 15 business license on my old laptop. I just purchased a new computer and I need to activate this license on my new computer. How do I do this?

Answers

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Dave_St,

Thank you for your post😊

Please simply login to your licensed account on the new device, so your software will be activated.

To confirm if the device has been activated. 

Simply sign into TeamViewer Management Console ➜ click Edit profile click in the top right-hand corner. 

Under the Licence tab, If a device is assigned to your TeamViewer account, the device/computer name is shown. Otherwise, you will only see the TeamViewer ID.

Either way, if you can see the device information here, which means your Device has been activated.

Hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Dave_St
    Dave_St Posts: 5 ✭✭

Yuri -

Thanks for the response.

I tried what you suggest earlier, but when I log into my account it shows Free License. The option to add new device does not appear on the license screen.

If I sign in with TeamViewer on my old laptop, it shows Paid License in the remote control window. But if I open Management Console from that computer, it still shows Free license.

Is this because I downloaded free TeamViewer on my new laptop first, then tried to activate my license? If so what is the remedy?

• Yuri_T

Hi @Dave_St,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, you need to activate your license to your TeamViewer account first. Please read the following article: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/4326-how-to-activate-your-license

When you purchased a license, we have sent an activation link to the registered email address.

If you need to resend the activation link, please call our support team so they will be happy to assist you further.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/

Best regards,

Yuri

• Dave_St
    Dave_St Posts: 5 ✭✭

Success!!

Thank you @Yuri_T

• Yuri_T

Hi @Dave_St,

I am glad to hear that you have solved the issue 🙌

Please feel free to post anytime if there is anything else we can do for you.

Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,

Yuri