teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Teamviewer v9 on clients computers

After a license upgrade from v9 to v12, can I still connected to computers with Teamviewer v9 installed or all of them need to upgrade their computers from v9 to v12 or v15?

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 3,658 Moderator
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Addwings_383323,

As TeamViewer 9 and 10 have been sunsetted, you will need to update all your TeamViewer client to v12.

French Community Moderator
  • JeanK
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Addwings_383323,

You are welcome.

1) Yes, you will be able to use your license upgrade with version 14 as well.

2) Version 9 will be sunsetted on June 1, 2021, as mentioned in our announcement. Therefore, connection to version 9 will only be possible until this very day.

We recommend you to update your TeamViewer clients to the latest TeamViewer version.

Answers

• JeanK
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Addwings_383323,

As TeamViewer 9 and 10 have been sunsetted, you will need to update all your TeamViewer client to v12.

• Addwings_383323
    Addwings_383323 Posts: 1

Hi, Jeank,

Thank you for your advice.

I have a TeamViewer 7 Business license purchased on 22 November 2011.

A Teamviewer v7 was installed on my laptop running windows XP when the license started and it was upgraded in 2020 to version 9. All devices I need to connected to at the moment have version 9 installed.

Can you kindly advise:

• Can I upgrade Teamviewer 9 on my laptop still running Windows XP to Version 14 with the original license? If yes, do I have to upgrade it again to the latest version next year?
    • Can a Teamviewer 14+ with a license connect to my customers' devices still running version 9 as they are not good with computers?

Regards

Zhang

• JeanK
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Addwings_383323,

You are welcome.

1) Yes, you will be able to use your license upgrade with version 14 as well.

2) Version 9 will be sunsetted on June 1, 2021, as mentioned in our announcement. Therefore, connection to version 9 will only be possible until this very day.

We recommend you to update your TeamViewer clients to the latest TeamViewer version.

• Addwings_383323
    Addwings_383323 Posts: 1

Dear Jeank,

Thank you for your information.

I have carried out some test on different machines running different versions of Microsoft Windows operating system.

My Teamviewer clients also have different windows versions mainly XP and Windows 7. I have latest version 15 installed on an office computer running Windows 7 from which I connect remote computers. I do not yet have a license for this computer. I can connect one with TV v15 running win7, but I cannot connect one with TV v14 running Windows XP.

My questions are:

• If I subscribe a remote connection only package on this computer, can it connect a remote computer with TV v14 running windows XP?
    • My laptop is running windows XP and have a license for TV 9, Can I upgrade it to v14 and use it to connect remote computer with v14 installed? I intend to use the win7 with v15 to connect newer remote computers while use laptop for older machines.

Regards

Zhang

• JeanK

Hello @Addwings_383323,

With your Teamviewer 9 (now upgraded TeamViewer 15) license, you can connect to any previous version, as long as the version supports the operating system. Please find the details here: