macOS Big Sur: The application "TeamViewer" is not open anymore.

mdamer
mdamer Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2021 in General questions

Hello,

It seems that the application is not working anymore. I tried reinstalling it but it still gives me the same message: The application "TeamViewer" is not open anymore.

Trying to delete it from Finder>Go>Applications leads to the following message "The item "TeamViewer" can't be moved to Trash because it's open." although it is not open (at least, it is not showing in the Force Quit Applications).

In the Activity Monitor, I can see that the app is using 0.2%. I tried to stop it but it does not.

Did anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mdamer
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓

Hi Justin,

I followed the manual uninstallation guide but it did not delete the TeamViewer.app from the Applications/

I found the solution in [Removed per Community Guidelines]

Open a Terminal then typed "cd /Applications". Once in the Applications/, type "sudo rm -rf TeamViewer.app"

Thank you for your help,

Mirna

Answers

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @mdamer,

Have you tried uninstalling TeamViewer, following the steps in our manual on how to do so? Please do, if not:

Go ahead and try to force quit TeamViewer by pressing Cmd + Opt + Esc buttons simultaneously to open the Force Quit window. Now Force Quit TeamViewer.

Let me know if that solved your problem.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• mdamer
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓

Hi Justin,

I followed the manual uninstallation guide but it did not delete the TeamViewer.app from the Applications/

I found the solution in [Removed per Community Guidelines]

Open a Terminal then typed "cd /Applications". Once in the Applications/, type "sudo rm -rf TeamViewer.app"

Thank you for your help,

Mirna

• User9527
    User9527 Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

Hello,

I install the latest version, then it will be shown "The application "TeamViewer" is not open anymore."

The app can see in Activity Monitor, but it will disappear with a few second.

Did anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

Thanks.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,586 Moderator

Hi @User9527 ,

Welcome to TeamViewer Community and congratulations on your 1st post 🎉

Regarding to the error message on you device, would you mind trying the action which the user @mdamer mentioned in the other discussion 👉 Open a Terminal then typed "cd /Applications". Once in the Applications/, type "sudo rm -rf TeamViewer.app" for uninstallation please?

Then kindly try again to download TeamViewer from the official download page to finalise the installation of TeamViewer please.

Hope the information would be helpful and feel free to comment below about your progress please. 😊

Have a nice day!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • User9527
    User9527 Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

@Ying_Q

Thanks for your information.

I tried the above method but the problem is still here.

Once complete the installation, the dock will display "two" teamviewer icon and the app is not responding

***My macOS is monterey 12.3

• user5152
    user5152 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Dear users,

I am facing the same problem, with my macOS monterey 12.3. When I am trying to open TV, it just shows the error that the TeamViewer.app cannot be opened and immediately after it the app is cloed.

Can you please suggest?

Thank you.

• Jonesm
    Jonesm Posts: 2 ✭✭

@user5152 I had the same issue too! If you are using the same MDM that I am then it is likely the new features that install vanilla versions of TeamViewer automatically without notifications that is causing the error. Stop those "extra" deployments. It is just a coincidence that 12.3 was released at the same time as those new features were too.

• user5152
    user5152 Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Jonesm thank you for your reply. Can you please share the instructions for this? :)

Thank you.

• Jonesm
    Jonesm Posts: 2 ✭✭

@user5152 I would need to know more about your environment. My instructions was to look for multiple deployments of TeamViewer. My MDM has multiple ways of deploying apps. I checked all methods and removed all of them until there was only one.