Unable to uninstall TeamViewer

I installed TeamViewer so a Sweetwater tech could help my with installation of a VST I had purchased through them. However, now that that issue has been resolved I would like to uninstall TeamViewer, but even though I can see the application in my downloads in the file explorer (I'm on Windows 10), the application does not show up in the list of applications in windows and when I go to the control panel to try to uninstall it, the application is not listed there either. So in short I can find no way to uninstall this program which I would like off of my computer.

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 905 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @OwenC

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

It sounds like the tech may have used a QuickSupport module - this is a run-only executable that requires no installation.

When support is needed, the technician sends this once-only app to the remote user. When the remote user (you) opens the app, the technician can request connectivity to your device.

Once done, the app can be closed and then deleted from your downloads folder (or wherever your browser places files downloaded online).

As nothing was installed, no further action is needed past deletion of the file in order to remove it from your device.

Hope this helps 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 905 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @OwenC

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

It sounds like the tech may have used a QuickSupport module - this is a run-only executable that requires no installation.

When support is needed, the technician sends this once-only app to the remote user. When the remote user (you) opens the app, the technician can request connectivity to your device.

Once done, the app can be closed and then deleted from your downloads folder (or wherever your browser places files downloaded online).

As nothing was installed, no further action is needed past deletion of the file in order to remove it from your device.

Hope this helps 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---