Teamviewer Host

Above is installed on my laptop, but when I open it I only see options for 'Allow Remote Computer' and no option to 'Control Remote Computer'

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 904 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @greg0108

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

The reason you see no Control Remote Computer option in the TeamViewer Host app is because the Host app is for incoming connections only - primarily for unattended access connections to devices that do not need to make connections out:

If you wish to make outgoing connections on this device, please uninstall the Host app and re-install the full version of TeamViewer, which you can download the latest here.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you encounter any issues in the process.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 904 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @greg0108

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

The reason you see no Control Remote Computer option in the TeamViewer Host app is because the Host app is for incoming connections only - primarily for unattended access connections to devices that do not need to make connections out:

If you wish to make outgoing connections on this device, please uninstall the Host app and re-install the full version of TeamViewer, which you can download the latest here.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you encounter any issues in the process.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Thanks Josh. I suspect this to be the case but did not want to uninstall over the Host app since I was not sure. Appreciate your getting back to me so promptly.