Remote control missing from iOS Teamviewer app after last update.How to get it back or report?

soum91
soum91 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in General questions

The remote control option from Teamviewer iOS app is not there after the last update. I don't know if they have deliberately killed it. If not how do I report this?

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer βœ“

Thank you for the clarification.

Based on your screenshot, you are currently on the Computers tab. This is for Computers & Contacts saved on your account.

If you go to the connect tab, you should see the prompt where you can enter a TeamViewer ID to connect manually:

Hope this helps! πŸ€

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP

Hello @soum91

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

The TeamViewer Remote Control app for iOS still functions the same.

If you could please provide screenshots or other information regarding your experience, we are happy to assist.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

---

• soum91

Thanks for replying @JoshP. Here is the screentshot. There used to be the Remote Control option button in this screen but it's missing now since the last update.

• JoshP
    Answer βœ“

Thank you for the clarification.

Based on your screenshot, you are currently on the Computers tab. This is for Computers & Contacts saved on your account.

If you go to the connect tab, you should see the prompt where you can enter a TeamViewer ID to connect manually:

Hope this helps! πŸ€

Josh P.

---

• soum91

That's kind of weird. The device was saved previously. So adding it again never crossed my mind. Now it works as it's supposed to be after adding the ID again. Thanks for helping out @JoshP!

• Bally2727
    Bally2727 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I too am having the same issue however it is only on android devices that are running host, all pc’s give me the option to connect within the computers and contact menu where as android devices have lost this feature. It was working perfectly fine until the latest iOS update yesterday.

please confirm this will be resolved or if the app can be rolled back.

thanks

• JoshP

Hello @Bally2727

Thanks for your post!

The TeamViewer Android Host app is for incoming connections only as well, similar to the QuickSupport app. There have been no design changes to the Host regarding allowing outgoing connections:

If you download the Remote Control app from the Play Store you will be able to make connections!

Hope this helps πŸ€

Josh P.

---

• Bally2727
    Bally2727 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi @JoshP

I use the teamviewer remote control app on an apple iOS device and have teamviewer host deployed over a number of android products. Prior to the update I could go to my computers and access the android device running the host app. Since the latest iOS app update this function has now disappeared with the only option being Details and alarms, all other devices such as windows and raspberry pi devices have the options. Please see screen shots below, one device is a raspberry pi the other is android. This function has always been in place until the latest update and in fundamental to me as a business to be able to offer remote support on the move.

please advise accordingly.

• soum91

@JoshP, there has been a change and that is an inconvenience to user. You need to bring this to attention to the people who did this and make them revert the change. Previously, if you signed in to Host app in remote device, the devices listed in the computer tab in Teamviewer used to have the 'Remote Control' button there once the same account was added to Teamviewer app. Now it's missing there. Now you have to go to connect tab and connect it using ID every time you want to control a device remotely. It's still there in in Android Teamviewer app but the it has been removed from the iOS app. I'm attaching side by side comparison of iOS Host app and Android Host app here.

This is the reason people refrain from updates and miss security fixes.

• JoshP

Hello @soum91 & @Bally2727

Thanks for all the clarification.

I now see that I misunderstood the original context of the post! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I will run some tests myself and see if we can uncover what may have occurred.

@soum91 - Can you please confirm that removing and then re-adding the device brought back the option for Remote Control in Computers & Contacts, as you mentioned in your previous comment?

Thanks!

Josh P.

---

• JoshP

Hello all

Thanks for your patience.

I was able to replicate the issue you've experienced using our own Android and iPhone devices. We will find out more information and provide it to you as soon as possible.

Please know that it is still 100% possible to connect to any of these devices - instead of clicking the device to access the device info and then clicking Remote Control, you can simply hit the two blue arrows found on the main screen of your Computers & Contacts tab.

This will connect you to the Android device.

Once we have more information regarding the Remote Control button within the device information, we will provide an update here.

Thanks again!

Josh P.

---