Drag and drop Icon will never go away

Options
Icthelp
Icthelp Posts: 6 ✭✭

We use drag and drop, sometimes it will generate this icon on the screen.

The icon will not go away even after closing entire TeamViewer app or manually closing explorer.exe.

How do i get rid of this icon without rebooting my system?

Answers

• Icthelp
    Icthelp Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Half a day passed and it is still showing on top of everything else..

• Keimpe
    Keimpe Posts: 1
    edited January 30
    Options

Same problem here:

At first I tried restarting explorer.exe, shutting down all services from teamviewer also seems to not have any impact.

Seems like the only way I have found so far to fix it, is to not shut down teamviewer at all, and try to drag another item and hope that this time it doesn't glitch out. Because I can easily make it happen again if I drag from one display to another (which is probably why it happens in the first place) and if I restart teamviewer I can create another one of these annoying icons.

Apparently just holding a file, and dragging it accross all my monitors from right to left and left to right gets rid of them all. Weird bug.

• MethylOrange
    MethylOrange Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

This is happening to me too, Windows 11, and a reboot is the only fix I've found so far including a restart of TV (and service) and explorer.exe

• JeremyCourt
    JeremyCourt Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue and correct restarting things does not fix it but if you do what Keimpe said it should fix it. This does seem to only be a bug when dragging and dropping from one monitor to the next. If you drag and drop on same monitor it will not have an effect. it is annoying but knowing this quick little fix will help until they fix it.