Unable to activate legacy license v7

Options
IMES
IMES Posts: 1
edited January 2023 in General questions

The license that was purchase was v7 perpetual license.

Then when v7 obsolete, and asked us to use v9, the license still is able to do activation.

Now when v9 also obsolete and ask us to move on to v15, we are unable to activate our license.

Tried to find ways to do live chat - unable to find. Tried to submit ticket, it mention only for licensee.

Can anyone point me to the right direction to have it resolved?

Comments

• koj
    koj Posts: 1
    Options

thanks.

• spzozmm
    spzozmm Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Since 01.09.23 one of our legacy licenses switched to free out of the blue. Licences weren't moved, even PC didn't restart. Just over weekend 'it broke'. I used Insider builds for a while. Maybe that's the issue? I fully reinstalled TeamViewer and problem still occurs. Our other license works fine.

TeamViewer: 15:37.3 x86

• ITA_SK_Infra
    ITA_SK_Infra Posts: 1
    Options

same issue here but without insider builds

• spzozmm
    spzozmm Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

So Support person told me that my perpetual licence has expired. So perpetual means 10 years now?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for all your comments and concerns.

As mentioned in this announcement, from September 2021 onwards TeamViewer versions up to 10 will not be able to connect to our servers any longer. License holders in version 7 got complimentary TeamViewer 15 access until December 31, 2022.

Since we reached 2023 now, you can no longer connect with a TeamViewer v7 license.

I kindly ask you to contact our dedicated sales team in case of any further questions.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• vi_p
    vi_p Posts: 1
    edited January 2023
    Options

Making perpetual licenses finite, seems to be a new sport.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Dundee2
    Dundee2 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

We had purchased a perpetual license for version 7, which was converted over the years to version 9 and later to version 12.

On Monday 9.1.2023 our teamviewer stopped working. Support told us that support for version 12 was discontinued.

The last email we have regarding the transition is from May 2021, which does not mention the end of version 12. (Yes, we were offered a temporary version 15, but we did not accept it.)

We feel cheated because no one has told us in the last year that our "permanent" license will be terminated.

Has this happened to any of you yet? What has support written to you?

Daniel

• Brandonpiatt
    Brandonpiatt Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

They are making it extremely glitchy on purpose switch to another program perpetual license means nothing to them.