Unable to sign in to new account with Tensor license

Options

I am trying to login to my new account which has a Tensor license but I get an error because the old account is selected which had a free license on it (same as my windows account). I deleted the free license account from Teamviewer web portal, uninstalled the app and after a restart installed it again. Inspite of this I see the free license under the toolbar on the app and still get the same error on trying to login. I am using the version 15.2.2756.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,071 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Nroar,

We're happy to read your first post in our Community! 🙌

The banner Free license, as per your screenshot, is appearing when no user account is logged in.

Would you please try to log in to your new account which has the Tensor license?

1. Open TeamViewer
    2. Go to the tab Computers & Contacts
    3. Enter your email address and password
    4. Click on Sign In

If you have any error message showing up during this process, please share it with us.

Also, you can try to log in to your Management Console and check if you have the Tensor license mentioned on the top-right corner after logging in.

💡 If your operating system is compatible with it, we recommend using the latest version of TeamViewer. Get more information here: 📄 Supported operating systems for TeamViewer

Let us know how it goes to assist you further if needed! 🙂

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• Nroar
    Nroar Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hi JenW,

Thank you for your response. I get the following error when trying to login. The account I use is not the account mentioned in the error message, that one is my default microsoft outlook account(same as the free license user id, which was deleted.) It does not seem to use the user id provided in the Email input while signing in

• JenW
    Options

Hi @Nroar,

Thank you for your reply and the screenshot.

It seems that when you log in with your user account in TeamViewer, you are not redirected correctly to the identity provider that has been configured for your company domain.

That is why the error message recommends contacting your administrator.

Within TeamViewer, you can ask one of the administrators of your company profile to add your current mail address to the exclusion list.

To know more about it, please check out our article: Single Sign-On (SSO) - Requirements.

Please keep us updated about the process!

Best,

Jen

• Nroar
    Options

Hi JenW,

Thank you for your response!

The correct identity provider is selected as I am able to see the company logo of the customer which has provided this account with the Tensor license in the error message, however the account seen in the error message (redacted), is my own Microsoft email account, and not the customer (Tensor licence) account which I entered as the email in the sign in page. Do you have any idea why the wrong account might be getting selected and how to fix this?

• JenW
    Options

Hi @Nroar,

Thank you for bringing more details about your use case.

After checking internally and knowing that two different user accounts seem in conflict, the best would be to submit a ticket so that our engineers can have a deeper look at your case.

In the ticket, please mention your Microsoft mail address (you can share as well the TeamViewer SSO screenshot from above without the blur). They will then be able to investigate further concerning this user account and determine the source of the issue.

Here is the link: 👉 Submit a ticket

Please let us know if you have other questions!

Best,

Jen

• Nroar
    Options

Thank you @JenW for your help with this. As suggested, I have raised a ticket.