Wake On Lan suddenly stopped working

Options

I have successfully used WOL on my computers for a long time but after the recent update (though nothing seems to have changed in any settings) TV will no longer wake a computer that was shut down. Once the computer is manually started, regular remote connection is possible but not WOL. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...only about 3 days for me so far. Not sure if it matters but the icon on the task bar used to be the light blue arrow inside the white circle inside a light blue box. Now the light blue appears dark blue.

Best Answer

• Th4i_H0a
    Th4i_H0a Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like there was another post about this error yesterday. And they think this error is caused by the latest TeamViewer 15.40 version that has just been updated. Please downgrade TeamViewer version to 15.38 and see if that fixes it.

Answers

• Th4i_H0a
    Options

I am also in the same situation as you. I have used many different devices to wake up my same computer at work, but with no success. After pressing the wake-up button, the devices will either report an error or become unresponsive and the computer cannot be turned on.

• Th4i_H0a
    Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like there was another post about this error yesterday. And they think this error is caused by the latest TeamViewer 15.40 version that has just been updated. Please downgrade TeamViewer version to 15.38 and see if that fixes it.

• Th4i_H0a
    Options

Does anyone know how to downgrade the teamviewer app for phones?

• forestryfarm
    forestryfarm Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Probably a dumb followup...to do a rollback, would I have to uninstall the current version then reinstall and re-enter all the info in each computer? Or is there a way to do it and maintain all my settings? I'm hoping TV knows of this issue and will fix it in a (soon) update but just in case, I thought I'd ask. Know I'll be turning off auto-updates in future!!

• forestryfarm
    forestryfarm Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Decided to rollback to 15.38 (my prior version) and just used the install file to overwrite 15.4 (TV must not be running, even in the background). WOL is now working perfectly, the icon has gone back to light blue, and all my settings were preserved. If you also want to rollback, here's a link to past versions (provided in another thread by a forum member, so thanks for that).

[removed per Community Guidelines ]

• ACE_hun
    ACE_hun Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

How come no one from the developers has been dealing with this problem for months? The PC wake-up function stopped working for me as well, but it works with another utility ([Removed as Community Guidelines]). In such cases, I must first access the server machine, which is constantly on in the network, and run the utility there. That's the only way I can wake up the other machines.

• Aiden57752
    Aiden57752 Posts: 1
    Options

Is there any update on this issue?

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,073 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Aiden57752 and @ACE_hun ,

Thank you for reaching out to our Community and for raising attention to this topic!

Please know that with the TeamViewer Remote’s Free Version Redesign, it is no longer possible to use wake-on-LAN with the free version. A license is now required for the use of this feature.

If you have a license, please make sure you're using the newest version of TeamViewer since fixes were reported on our changelogs.

Let us know if we can help you any further.

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• bloort
    bloort Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Teamviewer has been a wonderful help, free for home use. It worries me though that you disable a feature first without any notice, second the WOL is still configured correctly and the configuration settings are accessable and not greyed out. There was no indication whatsoever that WOL was going to be disabled.

I could understand that if it was a programming oversight, or whatever, but you've left us all wasting time troubleshooting the problem. I thank you for the use of your software for home, very handy, especially for a guy with a bad knee, it has saved a lot of trips up and down the stairs over the years. A heads up would have been appreciated, cuz what happened with WOL, well, that's just not playing cricket.

thanks,

Dave