How can I assign the license?

Options
m_tsuboya
m_tsuboya Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Licensing

Hello everyone.

I have a question that I couldn't figure out, so please help me.

I can see that "Remote Access License" is activated on the customer portal.

However, when I sign in to TeamViewer, it remains in the free version.

How can I assign the license?

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,215 Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @m_tsuboya,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Please know that TeamViewer license activation differs from activation of the customer portal. And activating the TeamViewer license with your TeamViewer account is essential in order to make a licensed connection.

To activate your Remote Access license, please check the activation link which is sent out to the purchase email from TeamViewer.

Once you could confirm the activation link, you are ready to take the activation procedure. Kindly follow the step-by-step process written here: Activate and set up your Remote Access license

If you already have done the license activation and the TeamViewer account status issue persists, we recommend contacting our support team for further investigation.

To contact our support team, please use the chat feature on the support page, as phone support is not included in the Remote Acces plan. 

Please tell us again in this thread if you have any difficulties contacting the support team!

Hope you find this helpful.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• m_tsuboya
    Options

Thank you for your prompt response.

I seemed to have misunderstood various aspects of the license.

I apologize for any confusion.

Upon checking the activation link provided in the purchase email, I encountered an error message saying, "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request."

Consequently, I couldn't activate it successfully.

What could be the possible causes of this error?

• Akiho
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @m_tsuboya,

Thank you for getting back to this thread!

Glad to know that the above information helped to reduce the confusion.

Based on your situation, I would suggest trying a clear cache before accessing the activation link.

If the issue persists afterwards and still received the same error message, please contact our support team for further assistance.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Best,

Akiho

• m_tsuboya
    Options

Thank you for your response.

I tried deleting the browser cache as you suggested, but the same error message was displayed and the result did not change.

I will contact support.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

• Akiho
    Options

Hi @m_tsuboya,

Thank you for trying the clean cache and we also appreciate all your patience in this matter.

Please comes back to the Community at any time when you have any concerns or questions using TeamViewer.

We would be more than happy to see you in the Community and help you as much as we can here🍀

Have a beautiful day!

Best,

Akiho