What licence is right for this scenario

Options
wach
wach Posts: 1
edited June 2023 in Licensing

Hello everyone,

I have been searching the internet for some time now, but I'm still unsure about which license I need for my particular scenario.

I have approximately five PCs that two colleagues need to connect to. There may be instances where both colleagues need to work on the same machine simultaneously. While exploring the available licenses, I came across the "TeamViewer Remote Access" license for a single user.

My question is, would it be possible for me to register one or more remote devices to accept connections from two different single user licences?

I'm uncertain about how this would work, or if it's even possible. If not, would I have to purchase a "TeamViewer Premium" license instead? (This also probably would not be enough, because only one concurrent connection is possible, I would need the "TeamViewer Corporate" licence I think)

Best Answer

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,216 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @wach,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

In this case, I would highly recommend contacting our sales team. Based on your use case and needs, they would be happy to guide you through available license options.

Yet, I would like to share some information about the TeamViewer license based on your post:

• TeamViewer offers 2 different single-user licenses: TeamViewer Remote Access and Business license.
    • Adding this, you can purchase an add-on channel if you need multiple users connecting concurrently on a Premium license.

Please also know that TeamViewer only the physical state of the remote device can be provided. That means while a user (User A) works on the remote device, another user (User B) who is connected to the same device cannot conduct different remote control behaviours.

Hope you find this helpful.

Feel free to return to the Community anytime when you have any questions or concerns using TeamViewer😊

Warm regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,216 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @wach,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

In this case, I would highly recommend contacting our sales team. Based on your use case and needs, they would be happy to guide you through available license options.

Yet, I would like to share some information about the TeamViewer license based on your post:

• TeamViewer offers 2 different single-user licenses: TeamViewer Remote Access and Business license.
    • Adding this, you can purchase an add-on channel if you need multiple users connecting concurrently on a Premium license.

Please also know that TeamViewer only the physical state of the remote device can be provided. That means while a user (User A) works on the remote device, another user (User B) who is connected to the same device cannot conduct different remote control behaviours.

Hope you find this helpful.

Feel free to return to the Community anytime when you have any questions or concerns using TeamViewer😊

Warm regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター