Lost control over remote

Options
PatrickBe
PatrickBe Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in General questions

Hi,

It's my first TeamViewer session between mine (Win11 Pro) and remote (Win10 Home) laptop.

I have connected both laptops with **bleep** to download TeamViewer to the remote laptop. I've started the TeamViewer session and everything was working for 2 hours.

Then 'A new version of DivX is available' window appeared on the remote laptop. I couldn't close it, so I've launched Task Manager on the remote laptop. Then suddenly I lost control on the remote laptop.

I see the mouse on the remote laptop, but can't click anything apart from every 30 minutes **bleep** reminder to continue the session. I see I was logged out on Santander website I was logged in, I see the correct time on the remote laptop, can hear sounds from notifications, but I can't do anything.

Anyone knows how to solve the problem?

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,079 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PatrickBe ,

Thanks for the clarification! 😄

If the bank page or app is still open and running, you will need someone on the remote side to close/uninstall it, so you can remote connect again.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @PatrickBe ,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community

The TeamViewer error message is about the feature Send key combinations, you can read more about it here.

Please note that it seems you're trying to access banking information. Most banks have features to stop remote control software like TeamViewer.

If you need to have the bank app and TeamViewer installed on the same device, you may need to contact your bank to check with their support team if this configuration is possible for a specific device.

I hope it helps, let us know if we can clarify any further questions. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

• PatrickBe
    Options

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your answer.

Send key combinations worked fine (message is on the screenshot just because I wanted to make a screenshot😉).

I logged in to the bank website in about the same time as I opened Task Manager, so maybe bank is the problem (although I'm not sure if a single website can deactivate mouse on whole computer, and keep it deactivated even after logging me out few minutes later). I'll test it in the nearest possibility.

Anyway, I still don't know how to restore access to the remote laptop.

Patrick

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PatrickBe ,

Thanks for the clarification! 😄

If the bank page or app is still open and running, you will need someone on the remote side to close/uninstall it, so you can remote connect again.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Best, Carol

• PatrickBe
    Options

Hi @.Carol.fg.,

You were absolutely right. Someone has closed Santander card in Firefox and it unblocked my mouse immediately.

Thank you once again,

Patrick

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @PatrickBe ,

Thanks for sharing the resolution with us! It was a pleasure to help you! 😄

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Community whenever needed.

Have a great day!

Best, Carol