Teamviewer on new machine very slow and lag

Hi

In our office we have some computer (windows pc) connecting on the same network. Now there is a new one but the remote speed via teamviewer is really a mess (but only when connecting from outside the office e.g. homeoffice). Remote this client is not really possible because it takes some seconds to refresh the remote screen, sometimes it freezes.

Connencting from homeoffice to all other client works fine and fast.

What i checked so far:

• The internet speed is around 100Mbs (Up- & Download) -> should be ok
  • Memory is fast and there are 16GB installed -> should be ok too
  • Graphics hardware acceleration is disabeld

The curious thing is, that if i conncect inside the office from another pc to this client via remote desktop OR via Teamviewer then all is ok.

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks for any support and tips & hints.

Br, Robert

Best Answers

• asianhawk
    asianhawk Posts: 8
    Answer ✓

I appear to have hijacked this thread, but since i've led you all up a garden path, i'll take you to the end - you never know it might be related. The web app worked for me just the once. But i found the issue. I had stereoscopic 3D enabled in the nvidia graphics driver and TeamViewer clearly couldn't cope with this. All working fine now i've unticked that.

• rdeutsch
    rdeutsch Posts: 8
    Answer ✓

Hi all

Many thanks for all your tipps. I tried many things but finally - because now we have a license and got support from Teamviewer - i was able to solve the problem. In my case i had to uninstall the Teamviewer application and i think the most important step was to delete all dependencies like registry entries and all directories name with Teamviewer (e.g. AppData\Local\Temp and AppData\Roaming\Temp).

After that the computer was "clean" and after the installation with the current version all works fine.

br, Robert

• stnise
    stnise Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I also experienced lagging problems after upgrading to version 15.50.5.

Instead of reinstalling, I just deleted all files in %localappdata%\Temp and %appdata%\Temp and then everything worked just fine.

/Stephan

Answers

• asianhawk
    edited November 2023

Did you fix it? I have a similar problem. Was all working fine but one machine now not. In addition, i can remote to it fine using my laptop and a tethered phone from my house, but if i move across the city and do the same test with my laptop and tethered phone it's now as laggy as **bleep** (other machine i connect to on the same LAN works fine). Makes no sense.

• Still the same problem with slow teamviewer. And no reaction & support from the Teamviewer-team. Does the Teamviewer-team read this forum?

• Probaly not. There's a separate support system but only for licensed users. Mine also works fine from one machine to another on the same network. Am going to look at creating another account to see if that makes a difference, then other software.

• I'd say they check once every blue moon but reply never unless is paying customer and then they check often and reply fast.

Doesn't look good if to get any kind of support needs to be paying user even when they offer non-commercial version.

• The only thing i can thing of is that the speed is being slowed from my workplace by teamviewer, thought that sounds unlikely. I got a notice a couple of times about my connection not being for personal use (even though it is) a while back so guessing they capped me - though i've had that occasionally and has never been a problem. Or maybe has something to do with moving from public to private addresses at work. Either way it was all working fine after these changes at work, then just started to be unreliable months later. But it still worked fine to my other computer, which is why i'm suspicious of Teamviewer.

Anyway, I've found that the teamviewer web app works fine so i'm using that from now on.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,190 Moderator

Hi @asianhawk, @tvusher, and @rdeutsch,

Thanks for posting and for raising attention to this topic!

Connection issues could be caused by multiple different factors, so it is difficult to diagnose.

Based on the information provided, it may be a network issue. Please double-check the ports, firewall, and your network settings.

We also advise checking if you're antivirus has TeamViewer listed as an allowed software.

I hope this information can help! 🍀

Let us know how it goes, and if we can help any further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• asianhawk
    Answer ✓

I appear to have hijacked this thread, but since i've led you all up a garden path, i'll take you to the end - you never know it might be related. The web app worked for me just the once. But i found the issue. I had stereoscopic 3D enabled in the nvidia graphics driver and TeamViewer clearly couldn't cope with this. All working fine now i've unticked that.

• rdeutsch
    rdeutsch Posts: 8
    Answer ✓

Hi all

Many thanks for all your tipps. I tried many things but finally - because now we have a license and got support from Teamviewer - i was able to solve the problem. In my case i had to uninstall the Teamviewer application and i think the most important step was to delete all dependencies like registry entries and all directories name with Teamviewer (e.g. AppData\Local\Temp and AppData\Roaming\Temp).

After that the computer was "clean" and after the installation with the current version all works fine.

br, Robert

• stnise
    stnise Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I also experienced lagging problems after upgrading to version 15.50.5.

Instead of reinstalling, I just deleted all files in %localappdata%\Temp and %appdata%\Temp and then everything worked just fine.

/Stephan

• Teamviewer by default enables UDP

unchecking solves the problem of slow lagging teamviewer

In our case problem occurred when using Ubiquti USG . May affect other hardware

The setting is hidden in advanced options

goto top right form OPTIONS

• ADVANCED OPTIONS
    • ADVANCED NETWORK SETTINGS
    • UNTICK box 'use UDP *recommended)'