BUG REPORT: TeamViewer display broken when connecting to remote laptop with lid closed

Options
jgarris
jgarris Posts: 14 ✭✭

Note to Mods: This is a resubmission of https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/131603/problems-with-windows-11-start-menu, which is now obsolete based on further troubleshooting. I can't find a way to delete that old post, please delete it if possible.

TeamViewer has a display corruption issue when the remote system is a laptop, running Windows 11, and the laptop's lid is closed.

The symptoms include

• Scrolling in "new style" dialogs (new Start/All Apps; Settings) does not work. The scrollable area does not scroll, and is corrupted after scrolling. Old Win7-style dialogs work fine.
  • Failure to display popups after clicking on the taskbar icons (Start, notification area icons). You can force the popup to appear by passing the mouse pointer over other icons in the taskbar
  • Display corruption (text /icons appearing in the wrong place or wrong size), mouse clicks registering in unexpected locations.

The problems occur only in TeamViewer sessions, and only when the remote laptop's screen is closed. It seems to affect Windows 11 laptops in general, I can reproduce it at will on two similar Dell Vostro systems.

Connecting to the remote systems via RDP does not exhibit the any of these issues, regardless of whether or not the laptop's lid is closed.

One system: Dell Vostro 14 3430, with an Intel i5-1335U, 16GM memory, and 1TB NVMe boot drive. The OS is Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.2134, with Iris Xe Graphics driver version, 31.0.101.4669.

I've already tried:

• Removing and reinstalling TeamViewer from a newly downloaded copy of the installer
  • Several different Iris Xe driver versions, back to .4032

This looks like a pretty serious bug. I have a free account, since I don't use TV for anything commercial, so I can't submit a ticket.

Can I get some attention to this?