advertisement

Boerbende
Boerbende Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in General questions

Hi

Anybody knows how can I stop advertisement from Teamviewer?

I payed for a teamviewer license and still this company spam me with useless advertisement. Even last week when I could not use teamviewer (due to a Server error) and after one day of waiting the first notification I got was black friday announcement.

Extremely annoying and for me definitely a reason to stop with teamviewer

Thanks

Ben

Answers

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 604 Moderator

Hello @Boerbende

Thank you for contacting us and welcome in our Community 🌍️

We are very sorry that the marketing ads sent by the system are bothering you so intensely, however you can deactivate them by following the steps below:

1. Access the Options (⚙).
    2. Go to Account and un-tick the box for Show in-product marketing messages.
    3. Click on Disable and save by clicking OK.

You can also check this link for a video guide:

📃In-product marketing messages

Regarding the interruption suffered last week, we must apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and we invite you to check the status of TeamViewer at the following link, where you can keep yourself updated in case of any failure:

👉️TeamViewer Status

We hope all this information can be useful for you and if you have more questions do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help in any way we can. 

Best,

Valeria

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español/ Spanish Community Moderator

• Hi

Thank you for your answer.

I have been searching, I am using V12. I have to go to "Extra", "Options", but there is no option "Account" for me, and again an announcement today. Tried to find this in the web management, but could not find it there either

Regards

Ben

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 604 Moderator

Hi @Boerbende

Thank you for your reply and for telling us that you are on version 12.

The self-opt-out option is available for newer versions (💡Windows 15.8.2 / macOS 15.8.2 / Linux 15.8.2)

However, as a licensed customer, you can now opt-out of in-product marketing messages by opening a ticket. Please take a look at the following link:

📩 open a support ticket

💡 Important in-product messages like EULA updates will still be received.

We hope this will work for you and let us know the result.

Best

Valeria

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español/ Spanish Community Moderator