Your "trusted devices" location software....well, it **bleep**.

Kilroy5150
Kilroy5150 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in General questions

Your account was used to sign in on this device recently: 2019-09-23 20:38:04 UTC

That's "91" miles off target, of where i am in Tarrant, AL....even though it was me logging in.

And really don't blame it on my provider, your software should know where the "connection" is taking place, not somewhere in the state, not what the IP might be transmitting from.

Since there's no private feedback, i had to bring it here. Embarrased as you might be by this, if someone was to remote / hack me (that's in Portsmouth, Ohio), i would hate for the connection message to read "Vietnam" because the software is so far off.

Tagged:

Comments

• vr_driver
    vr_driver Posts: 9 ✭✭

**bleep** if they do, **bleep** if they don't.

If your computer pin pointed you down to your exact town all the privacy advocates would be screaming **bleep**, yet because you think that 100miles is too far away, you're doing the same thing.

The IP lookup tables are assigned by providers.

This is a non-issue.

• Kilroy5150
    Kilroy5150 Posts: 2 ✭✭

@vr_driver wrote:

**bleep** if they do, **bleep** if they don't.

If your computer pin pointed you down to your exact town all the privacy advocates would be screaming **bleep**, yet because you think that 100miles is too far away, you're doing the same thing.

The IP lookup tables are assigned by providers.

This is a non-issue.

Repeat after me, it's not that hard..."I don't have a real answer" :)

Save yourself the embarassment :)