Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Dr4co
    Dr4co Posts: 1

I have the same issue.. :(

It looks like they have disconntinued their support through their e-mail: [email protected]

I previously gotten help through their e-mail, since I have been flagged multiple times, even though I am a free user.

Dear TeamViewer Customer,

We are continuously working to optimize the way we handle your requests.

Which is why we have discontinued the usage of the support email address: [email protected] We now have a form on our website, solely dedicated to handling all your requests: www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future request to TeamViewer.

For readily available tips and ongoing expert discussions on TeamViewer-related issues, please join us on our community https://community.teamviewer.com and be part of the global TeamViewer Community.

Thanks for understanding.

Your TeamViewer Support Team
  • g4ugm
    g4ugm Posts: 10 ✭✭

The appeal form is here:-

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

you must include ID from the affected TeamViewer ID "allow remote control panel.

• g4ugm

@L1nkside wrote:

Hello, 

im just using Teamviewer to connect to my own PC or a Buddys PC.
    Now, after a session to my own PC, Teamviewer told me that my 7-day just started.
    Is there a way to get the "free" license back?

Thanks in Advance,
    Fabian

The form is here:-

make sure you include the ID from the affected system. Its the 9-digit number on the allow connections page.

• g4ugm

@jonairey wrote:

I'm getting the same too. Please help and reset my account. Thanks

form is here.

• g4ugm

@Dr4co wrote:

I have the same issue.. :(

It looks like they have disconntinued their support through their e-mail: [email protected]

I previously gotten help through their e-mail, since I have been flagged multiple times, even though I am a free user.

Dear TeamViewer Customer,

We are continuously working to optimize the way we handle your requests.

Which is why we have discontinued the usage of the support email address: [email protected] We now have a form on our website, solely dedicated to handling all your requests: www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future request to TeamViewer.

For readily available tips and ongoing expert discussions on TeamViewer-related issues, please join us on our community https://community.teamviewer.com and be part of the global TeamViewer Community.

Thanks for understanding.

Your TeamViewer Support Team

form is here:- https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

• Evanduril
    Evanduril Posts: 1

Same annoying issue.

I am not using TV for work purposes, im connecting to my home computer to do private stuff, yet it keeps blocking my connection.

• bigelow
    bigelow Posts: 1

I constantly had a sign that the system was used for commercial purposes and I have 5 minutes. BUT !!!!
    1. the system does not even give 5 minutes, knocks out after 1 minute.
    Worked only with their home devices.

How can I remove this restriction?

• asf137
    asf137 Posts: 1
    Team viewer stopped working saying that it detected a commercial use!
    It was a teamviewer mistake.
    I need to access my computer!
  • karazis
    karazis Posts: 2

I have exactly the same issue.

I use TV only to help friends and I get "suspicious commercial usage"

TV support: What should I do?

• karazis
    karazis Posts: 2

@Natascha: I have exactly the same issue.

Please have a look at my account.

Capture.JPG

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 10 ✭✭

So i filled out the form like a month ago, little over one week ago i got an email saying they sorted it. But they didn't, still got the same popups as before. So i wrote back saying it didn't work. Over a week later, no response.

Now i filled out a new form, for the 3'th time. This is getting annoying really fast tbh.

• How i said!
    Remote connection disconnects after ± 2 minutes.
    I have the free licence, and use this only for my father his laptop to help.

TV says this is a comercial use and stop.

Help

• Just wanted to add my "me too". I've been using Teamviewer to help out family and friends but suddenly this is commercial use. I have submitted a ticket, so I will see what happens.

• My advice? Give TeamViewer the boot and install  A n y d e s k instead. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I now prefer it to Teamviewer. No more accusations of using software in a commercial environment. Goodbye TeamViewer.

• Erwin1234
    Erwin1234 Posts: 3

You are not the only one. It seems teamviewer policies have changed and commercial detection algorithms have become more sensitive. Unlocking may work but only for a while.

The good news is that you can look for other free solutions now. Because I used teamviewer for years (I have a commercial license too) and thought it was perfect I never looked at what new solutions appeared on the remote control market. But actually there are several other good solutions for personal and free remote desktop control available now!

I wont post them here because it would not be fair to teamviewer. Google is your friend.

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

I've just updated the Android APP, and the one star reviews caught my eye. There are countless of users complaining of the same thing, and there's the catch: TV can't edit your comments mentioning competitors. I guess that this might be the only way to make them react / change their minds / policy, lowering the global note and systematically mentioning competitors.

• Charag
    Charag Posts: 1

I recently install TeamViewer in my new mac machine and the free version change to commercial version.

I am connected for my personal use only, how can i reactivate free license.

I am rarely using team viewer to connect.

Snip20190709_7.png

• HoangHung
    HoangHung Posts: 1

I am a student, I am using the free product. But, after installing TEAMVIEWER 14, it shows the note "your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner immediately reconnects are blocked"
    Pls, help me. Many thanks

• Dzessi
    Dzessi Posts: 1

Hi,

Teamviewer is telling my that i use it for commercial purposes and is messing with my connections.

Me and my girlfriend live in different countries for the time being due to circumstances but we used to play an MMO together. Since my schedule is a bit more forgiving, i use teamviewer to log into her PC and check the status of the MMO, to verify that it is still running (a game where you sort of need to be afk 24/7 and never log out). I do that basically daily and sometimes couple times a day. While i get it that algorithms might think it's commercial use, i do not agree with it. I have nothing to gain from doing it, it's just for an personal hobby between me and my girlfriend. Nothing commercial about it.

I've tried once to get it removed, the commercial use limitations but it keeps insisting i'm using it commercially. Is there anything i can do?

Thanks,

Eero 

• I received a notification "commercial use is detected." It's funny when its talk to me about commercial use if I connect from my phone to my computer in another room. Moreover, I don’t use a viewer for commercial purposes at all. Your connection type definition algorithm is incorrect. My login is **Please do not post email addresses** 

• F1nchy
    F1nchy Posts: 4

Moderators - why do you keep censoring people when they recommend an alternative? If Teamviewer is stopping people using their product, surely it's reasonable for people to recommend alternatives that they may try instead?

• Tony3165
    Tony3165 Posts: 2

Capture.PNG

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@F1nchy : unfortunately, it's their forum and their rules, one of them being TV only. A lot of time and energy is invested though into this post-posting redaction.

• For several weeks now TeamViewer has been claiming that I use my computers for commercial purposes and I need to buy a license.
    I‘ve tried several times to contact support, to create tickets, but it doesn’t respond or Worst thing that I’ve got no emails that the ticket was really created and this requests really gonna be processed.
    It looks like TV trying to push me for buying a license(even if it says that it’s not, when you trying to get a support).
    Did anyone hustle with this? And how was the situation?
    What should I do?
  • jvfx14
    jvfx14 Posts: 1

We are having the same problem but it has only been in the last few days, and now it is getting really bad.  I've asked for support but not joy so far.

• Gerard2
    Gerard2 Posts: 1

I've also the same problem. Using TV private on my home pc's and TV say's it's commercial.

• I have not received anything from their support people yet. Before I jump ship and move to an alternative product, has anyone had any response from them at all?

• Kylian01
    Kylian01 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I got a response to say it simply i have to pay for commercial use even wen i am a non comercial user
  • x8009
    x8009 Posts: 4

TV doesn't want to reset my ID so I needed to move to another program... it's better than TV so I don't care about TV anymore.  so they can keep their aggressive behavior for personal users who they think they used commercially or they just want them to buy an account for no reason just because.

Just forget TV and move on.   Crying won't help

U have another program better.   **Third Party Product**        you can see what I mean so TV won't block it

• Ive been flagged for commercial use. Ive filled out the form trying to reset my account but this has been over a month ago now with no responce. Ive checked my junk folder in my email as well. Can anyone help me out?