Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• Kolby
    Kolby Posts: 1
    Options

Same problem bro. I'm getting mad with this company.

• TeamviewerUser902
    TeamviewerUser902 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Never did this before, does it every single time now when I try to help my dad via remote controlling his computer from afar. I have used the free version for years, now all of a sudden it blocks me out after 45-52 seconds. And then doesnt let me reconnect for another 2 minutes. But when I try to reconnect, it then moves it to another 2 minutes later. What a frustrating software with no live chat or customer service available. The exorbitant business licence price is not what we need for just me helping my dad once in a while. Why did it change? What happened?

• tomara
    tomara Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Team Viewer says commercial use detected and disconnects. I use it for my home PCs. How is commercial use detected? Any help with this issue.

• tuck25
    tuck25 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

It will do that steady, get used to it.. They say they have a free option but they don't, they will do this every couple months and claim its there software that sees you as a business, well for a software company to have software like this doesn't say much about the quality of the software to me.. They fooled me twice in changing my review but cant see that happening again. they will come up with some false excuse and not fix a thing, there are other options out there, i was thinking about buying a plan but was on the fence to what to do, well that's been decided today for having to go through this **bleep** again.. it wont stop trust me, so best to look elsewhere for what you need, i will be taking this to Social media too to try and let people know what to expect from this service. To bad to, has potential..

• System
    System Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Frequent Disconnects.
  • amuror
    amuror Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Options

I use team view to connect to my own machine or to family/friends ;

my work is not remote connected in any way;

i was detected to use for commercial purpose but i used a work connection only after i was blocked to use team view;

Its some day i m waiting to know if i have been re enabled to use it as always on free basis;

I m hoping to be able to go on using teamview because i use it from the very old days but as i don't work and gain my money from remoting but from mechanical and papers job, i would like to be freedfrom jail and go on playing my games from my machine and help friends and parents when they had problems;

can i know the checking status at what point is ? :O

there are other tools that can permit to do the same but i would like to continue using this one as i m old and lazy to learn something new.

thanks

• tuck25
    tuck25 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

It wont stop, they will say it will and that the software identified you as a business **bleep**, but it wont change and you will deal with it every few months like me.. They say they have a free option but they really dont, its just to try and get you to buy a plan by screwing with the other one.. Ive been through this several times, and now dedicated to let everyone else know of the way this operates, sooo they will say its fixed but in 2 months your right back here again with no one answering you on how to fix it...and when they do they really dont.. Unless you buy an expensive plan for personal use that cant be justified.

• Comet65
    Comet65 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi as with many many people I also have had my account incorrectly flagged as commercial. In October I submitted the reset form and it was reset fairly quickly, I did forget to add additional ID numbers but didnt really think of it until two weeks ago when I was able to submit an additional form for the additional ID's that were producing the error message( I could at least connect for 5 minutes at a time). Fast forward to this week and I cannot even stay connected for 1 minute . It seems since submitting the 2nd request link it has rendered all ID's as inoperable. Teamviewer please fix this, I have technology averse family that need my help.

• Tuepen
    Tuepen Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Some message about business use detected or something and now I'm limited. I use this to access my mum's machine and my home machine when I'm out of town. I can't log a support ticket cause I'm a free user. How do I fix this?

• Tuepen
    Tuepen Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited March 19
    Options

Some message about business use detected or something and now I'm limited. I use this to access my mum's machine and my home machine when I'm out of town. I can't log a support ticket cause I'm a free user. How do I fix this?

• Danielpedro
    Danielpedro Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I use team viewer to connect with the my father's PC( he is a old person...89 years old....) I use this program only for this, and then I can't connect with him, because the software has detect a comercial use....but is not true. How I can unlock this????

Thanks

• WhatHappen
    WhatHappen Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 14
    Options

March 14, 2024

So if I understand, TeamViewer is not able to pay employee to support for "free" version.

And "free" version no more exist or for TeamViewer, be able to have maximum 5 second of "remote time" is what they call free.

Nice.

---

Unable to connect

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate

reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 01:59.

And so you try again at 01:59 and same message but at 02:07.

And so you try again at 02:07 and same message but at 02:15.

And...

And ...

Nice work TeamViewer.

Good luck to sell your """""free""""" euh, something.

Also make thing more complicated like now. With "11111" version, it's just good for people.

All is so clear !!!

• Phoenix83
    Phoenix83 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I Also suffering with the commercial use issue.

I'm using TeamViewer to help my kids whenever they have issues with their computers, and use my homelab computer from work environment, as there are blocked ports which prevent me to connect over RDP etc.

Now TeamViewer disconnects after about 60 seconds, and I receive the popup window :

"Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connection to this partner will be blocked until XX:XX."

Everytime when I try to reconnect after a few minutes, the blocked time will extend for another minute. So actually I'm not able to connect to any system anymore....

TeamViewer is only used for non-commercial use!!

Kind regards,

Chris

• Negative459
    Negative459 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

It took me a while to figure it out. When you're filling in the form you have to put in your ID number with no spaces, then click the box below that field where it says "Click here to add ID (up to 10)". That will put your ID in that spot and unlock the signature box and allow you to submit without getting the error. At least it did for me.

• shuhrat000
    shuhrat000 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Options

Id [removed by a moderator according to the User Guidelines]. I use the program exclusively between my devices, I do not use it for commercial purposes. please reset the restriction

• Ioannis2004
    Ioannis2004 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Can i use Team Viewer for free ?

• Conc
    Conc Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Good morning,

I installed but ask me license, my use is personal use, I use one or two times in a month just to help my parents, they are old. Please can you help me? I send a lot of email but nobody answered. Thanks

• mary_lucy
    mary_lucy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Buenos días, tuve siempre Teamviewer, y nunca tuve problemas. Pero desde ayer, cada vez que me conecto al remoto, al poco se me sale solo. Desinstale el que tenía, me volví a descargar el actual, pese a que estaba actualizado, y me sigue pasando lo mismo, que al poco de acceder al ordenador de siempre, se me desconecta automaticamente. ¿Alguien sabe como puedo solucionar este problema? Es muy urgente e importante...mil gracias...

• Ryudo
    Ryudo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

How bad has TeamViewer gotten ? I can only connect to my pc for less then 15 secs then im blocked an cant connect until a timer is out an when timer is out a new timer starts....need to go make a tp review about how bad this program has gotten or how greedy

• Apop71
    Apop71 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I am still a personal user and support my parents (father is almost blind, mother is technically overwhelmed) and to connect to my own PC.

The devices are the same since ever, please remove the restriction.

My Teamviewer ID is linked to this account.

• Rinze1971
    Rinze1971 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Options

Hello, we are having problems with the use of Teamviewer. We are only using Teamviewer on a private base. We hope you can reset this problem for us.

• Rinze1971
    Rinze1971 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

We trust Teamviewer can solve our problem

• PeppeFR
    PeppeFR Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I've had a free account for many years, I manage my PCs remotely because I work away from home. I now have the account restricted for suspected business use. How can I get my free account back? Thank you.

• MarceloS
    MarceloS Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am from Argentina and I have had a free license for several years for personal use only when I am traveling away from my home, which happens a few times a year.

This time on my vacation it does not allow me to connect to my house, it seems that it suspects that it is for professional use.

I don't know how to proceed to have remote contact with my house again.

Thank you!

• mplayer1
    mplayer1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 14
    Options

I've been hit repeatedly it seems with false designation as "Commercial Use" when I'm trying to connect from one personal device to a computer at home.

I use my AT&T personal cell phone to connect back home. Has anyone also started having repeated false responses? Teamviewer has you submit a online support ticket, but no one contacts you to assist as to why this keeps happening even though I'm clearly using personal devices. Has Teamviewer been having issues with false positives?

• MG_2
    MG_2 Posts: 1
    Options

I installed TeamViewer on two PCs for home personal use and keep getting this error. I've tried to submit the form to get this restriction waived but nothing happens when I click submit. I don't get any confirmation that the form has been sent. How do I find out if TeamViewer had received my request? Am I supposed to get an email?

• EnochLight
    EnochLight Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 14
    Options

So I got the unjustly accusatory "commercial use" flag and have been locked out of my personal computer. Been using TeamViewer for years for personal use - never had this happen before. But when I submitted the request to reset my license, I included the ID for my PC that I use to occasionally log into my other PC, but I totally forget to include my remote PC's ID number! The PDF says it's been submitted, but there's no way to add on another computer now.

Anyone know what to do in an instance like this?

• jdaustin000
    jdaustin000 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I only use TeamViewer among my home PCs and my account has been flagged as Commercial some how. How can I fix this?