Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• ReiffCa
    ReiffCa Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I've had TeamViewer for personal use for several years to remote acesss my home pc's from my phone or personal laptop. Mainly to start Steam remote play on my laptop around 2 times a month during hospital stays.

After I updated it kicks me off my home pc saying it's beign used for commercial use.

• iamneilson
    iamneilson Posts: 1
    Options

TeamViewer has a free version with limitations on session duration for non-commercial use. Since you're helping your mom, this likely falls under personal use. Unfortunately, the free version might be timing out your sessions after a short period to encourage upgrading to a paid plan.

• Brillefyren
    Brillefyren Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same problem here and never seen that problem before, TIA

• gsmaniak
    gsmaniak Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I really fed up with your Android Host application. If you cant do that please leave from this sector. That nonsense Host application somedays will work and allow me to connect to my android mobile from my laptop someday it wont. It appear as online in my list when i try to connect trying trying and then Time Out. And another thing for you Teamviewer application!!! HOW YOU CAN DECIDE IF THE APPLICATION IS USING AS COMMERCIAL OR PERSONEL? Im using this Teamviewer only for personel mobiles and family members computer. But its popping up DETECTED AS COMMERCIAL USE!!! What is that? PLS GIVE ME MY FEEDBACK AND EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON WITH TEAMVIEWER!!!!

• gfallica
    gfallica Posts: 1
    Options

I got the same problem as everyone else over here: I successfully carried our a reset but forgot one ID, and now I can't fill another form again as I am only allowed to download the previous PDF form.

I'll be forced to move to another platform: I wonder why the Teamviewer Support team does not address this issue .

• wishmaster
    wishmaster Posts: 1
    Options

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

• Salt218
    Salt218 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem. Reset confirmation email received and cannot start a new request.

Please help and advised , thanks!

• KNYTE
    KNYTE Posts: 5 Newbie
    Options

So my teamviewer has always worked fine.

Lastnight it is disconnecting me after 60 seconds and telling me to wait a minute or buy a license.

I use it to remote to my pc from my phone / desktop.

I don’t use teamviewer for commercial or business use.

Can someone please fix this and correctly flag my account as personal.

• Madmax74
    Madmax74 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I' ve the same problem

It disconnect me after 60 seconds and i cannot reconnect for a long period.

I don't use for commecial I use only to help my parents with some problems on their pc or smartphone

Can someone tell if something is changed with free use of teamviewer?

Thanks

• Viaceslav7710
    Viaceslav7710 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I remotely help only my parents who are over 70 years old. Why are you blocking and writing that I have commercial use? There are only 2 computers!!!

• CSckerl
    CSckerl Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I´m a free license user to provide support in my family, specially my parents who do have challanges to use the pc. Now I´m getting the "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnections are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license." It seems that TeamViewer is now forcing to go with a payed subscription, dispite their advertisement that it is free for non-commercial users. This problem already happend a while ago, and now it is here again - coincidently after the software update? Please remove this blockage!! I´m still a private person and I do not use this in any commercial way!

My family lives in a different town, such that I cannot go there just to resolve an online problem they have.

Thanks for a swift resolution.

• ElliNet13
    ElliNet13 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

So, I am on my phone. I go onto TeamViewer to connect to my PC... then I see "Commercial use detected" now every 5 minutes my session ends. How do I fix this?

• PaddyLandau
    PaddyLandau Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

I'm adding my voice here. For a long time, I've been using TeamViewer to connect to my father's desktop. Every now and then (it's very rare), TeamViewer tells me that I'm using it for commercial use.

In the past, I would send an email to TeamViewer, and they would fix it. But this no longer seems to be an option.

I'd love to hear the answer!

• JohnS101
    JohnS101 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem using the free version to support my father, timing out, saying I'm a commercial user etc. not allowing reconnection. Had to swap to the old view to get it to work. It used to be great but now it's not usable. I get they want users to pay but they need to either give a usable free option or stop trying to sell the 'free for personal use' angle.

• KNYTE
    Options

If i can’t use the personal version for personal use then ill just have to use an alternative

• Nigelk2
    Nigelk2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same problem for me

• KNYTE
    Options

guess support needs to address the licence issue and flag our accounts as personal use

• Phlash
    Phlash Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 17
    Options

Teamviewer thinks I am a commercial user.

I cannot connect for more than 5 minutes to sort out my parents and my wifes parents phone. I also am unable to control her phone... I only get a blue finger to prompt them to do things... It is so very slow to support my 80 year old parents!!

Any help with this would be appreciated!

• epp654
    epp654 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

With no apparent reason I cant open any session since maximum connections reached (zero)... Anyone that has a workaround ?

• musatuncarslan
    musatuncarslan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

My Teamviewer complains about commercial use, but I have been using Teamviewer maybe once a week to connect to my home computer on the other side of the plane from my home PC. I've never used Teamviewer at work at all. How can I fix this?

• musatuncarslan
    musatuncarslan Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 18
    Options

My Teamviewer complains about commercial use, but I have been using Teamviewer maybe once a week to connect to my home computer on the other side of the plane from my home PC. I've never used Teamviewer at work at all. How can I fix this?

• Tetley
    Tetley Posts: 1
    Options

Same problem here. Now I can not even start a session. I use it to help my (almost) deaf elderly mom with her computer. Please help! Thank you.

• mlek666
    mlek666 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Same here! I did however manage to use the web-based version for a while. Maybe it's something to do with the application?

• Duffy6969
    Duffy6969 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I had the same issue. wrote an email to the support giving them the account number and the email address of my mom, and I've been asking them to reset back to the free license. they checked all the connections and proved that only I connected with her PC, so they did reset her account.

• KNYTE
    Options

Guess we just have to wait for support to fix this now.

• mlek666
    mlek666 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Is there a problem with the application? The browser-based service seems to work.

• SherylS
    SherylS Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

All of a sudden my personal use teamviewer is telling me that I am operating from a business and require a licence? I am on a laptop that I do use to remote in on a business platform and use teams on it...but the connections I make through team viewer are for personal use? I don't want to pay to connect to my home computers

• KNYTE
    Options

Managed to install VNC and use that to get around the issue. still a pain as the pc i use Teamviewer for doesn’t have a screen connected so just about managed to install it and login before it shut my session.

I dont understand what’s changed but i dont use it for business or commercial use. i literally used it to remote in to my pc from my iphone / gaming pc

• Dumaine
    Dumaine Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

I personally think they are having issues. I too have been flagged and all I do is help my 87 year old mother and 1 personal friend. I had my account reset and can connect to other devices in my home but still can not access my mother and friend...

• Dumaine
    Dumaine Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Join the club, there is quite a few members lol