teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Cac
    Cac Posts: 1
    Same issue here. Filled out the form. Got clearance. But on the same day got block again... Filled out the form the second time. Haven't heard back yet...
  • You will have to go and request that your ID be removed from this commercial use flag. However it will not work. You will end up waiting a week, then they send you an email saying the issue was fixed, and nothing happens. You will not be able to use teamviewer again regularly until they fix this issue. The only solution is better developers and time. If you find a solution that actually works, please let me know!! Good luck

• 30 days, really? So we are stuck with no access for that long because you can't just unblock people upon submitting the form, and THEN review and readjust accordingly?

I'm not that patient, so I'm done with TeamViewer. Time to switch to REAL FREE solution for personal usage.

• My family have five laptops/computers which had TV set up on them, so I can support them when I am not at home.

Only my own PC and laptops are now allowed access.  If I try to access my family's devices or if they try using TV, a message comes up saying they are using for commercial use and then disconnects them.

Any ideas, please?

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Better yet, they should only inform you at first that they suspect commercial use and ask you to submit your form and logs and keep the account active while they review. Innocent until proven guilty applies in German law too.
  • Given that TV are evidently not interested in giving this problem any kind of priority, I am requesting that the moderator ceases censoring the names of competing products in messages, so people at least can find recommended alternatives to your program.

• test **Third Party Product**

• Thanks - very helpful!
  • test **Third Party Product**

• Also for those that are wondering what these censored messages say, subscribe to the thread and then when one of us says it again. Emails will go out to the followers before the mods get a chance to redact. 

• It seems that brandnames are automoderated, so if anyone wants to recommend something else, just misspell it, or leave off the first letter. So you could write "I like **Third Party Product** with an 'a' at the beginning"

• If their algorithm to detect commercial use worked as well as their algorithm to detect competitors’ products, we would not be having this conversation…

• Lol... their moderators are defintely on a power trip to keep this forum in check. 

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 80 ✭✭

No one at TV knows or cares about any of this its just bot scrubbed for unwanted content.

• Disagree, his name is Josh. 

I got a slap on the wrist. 

• Ha! I stand corrected. They nobbled my post, so it seems they are read by a human eventually.

So, would that human like to let us know what, if anything, is going to be done about this situation?

• @CoolRaoul wrote:

About one week after having filled the form I received an email titled "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free" .

Same day later I've then tried to open a session from my home computer (the one with the ID submitted in the form)  to my sister in law laptop  but, unfortunately, I'm getting that popup now:

Filled the reclamation form again but I'm starting to lose hope.

This time it worked

Fingers  crossed...

• Hello, used teamviewer exclusively private (my parents (at 74 years) ever 2 PCs, 2 mobile phones) my brother (1PC), at home between 4 PC's and a friend to help with problems.
    Now TeamViewer shows me that I should buy a license and interrupts my connections. What can I do to make the account free again?

• Hi, 

I am having the same problem.

I am using the same account for a while by now and i never had any problem.

Can you please help? 

Thanks

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 80 ✭✭

There is no help, I haven't been "helped" in over a month.

• I have been using the teamviewer in similar setting but now teamviewer wrongfully classifies my usage as commercial. Is there anything that I can do about it?

• The ability to contact Teamviewer support has been removed for private users.  Looks like you can never reset the account anymore to Private if Teamviewer falsely claims that you are a commercial user.  The support email address has been removed.  

• @Kito15 wrote:

The ability to contact Teamviewer support has just been removed for private users.  Looks like you can never reset the account anymore to Private if Teamviewer falsely claims that you are a commercial user.  The support email address has been removed.  

Use this form instead: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

• I use it private! 

I connect to my home from school.

I connect to the home to play online games from school.

And use my mobile phone to watch the progress of the online game.

Not used for any other purpose.

Please check the connection records or data to confirm

• peter-ro
    peter-ro Posts: 2 ✭✭

Ich starte eine TeamViewer Session und (reproduzierbar) kommt nach einer Minute die Meldung "Verbindungs Timeout! Ihre TeamViewer Sitzung ist abgelaufen und wird nun geschlossen." Dieser Effekt kommt seit dem 13.08.2018, seit ich auf die Version 13.2.14327 aktualisiert habe. Ich habe einen Laptop Inspiron 15R SE mit Windows 10 Home.

• peter-ro
    peter-ro Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Ergänzung: Ich habe TeamViewer v13 deinstalliert und v12 installiert. Der selbe Effekt kommt nach einer Minute.
  • Kiet
    Kiet Posts: 1
    I have been using TeamViewer for quite a long time and never had any issue, everything was smooth. However since last week my account ID was blocked, supposedly it was used commercially! I use it to grant PC time to my kids as I have Microsoft family parental control on. Now suddenly my account ID is blocked.
  • Sitzi
    Sitzi Posts: 2 ✭✭

Ich nutze Teamviewer zur Ünterstützung von Freunden und Bekannten bei ihren Computerproblemen. Ich mache dies absolut PRIVAT und auch absolut UNENTGELTLICH.

In der Vergangenheit konnte ich die relativ schnell und problemlos lösen, in dem ich meine Log-Files an Teamviewer geschickt habe. Jetzt mit diesem neuen Formblatt warte ich seit über 4 Wochen auf Hilfe.

Ich war mit Teamviewer sehr zufrieden und wäre sehr traurig, wenn ich zu einem anderen Produkt wechseln müsste.

Ich habe heute nochmal versucht über die allgemeine E-Mail-Adresse mein Problem zu schildern und hoffe auf eine Reaktion.

• GYW
    GYW Posts: 15

Hi Steve...I have been having excellent results with a program that begins with A and ends with 'min".  It works similarly to TV but is a little less automated...but does the trick and is easy to set up on other people's systems.  I have had my two sisters, 89 and 87 years old, get it set up with some phone help from me.  They also have an address book where you can keep people's names and responding ID so you can just click on their name.  I like it...

• so I just added a new pc to my home network and I got a pop up saying I was using tv for commercial use? currently I have 6 machines in the house and I never go outside the network. I was wondering if the old computer ids that were in the list of pc's was making it look like I was using the program for business purposes?