Changing ID with every start

Options
ksoft
ksoft Posts: 4 ✭✭

After Updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Teamviewer changes the ID every time I start the computer. When I login with my account then I have to confirm each time the link in the email. Also I cannot connect from remote because the id changed.

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

Let me confirm, Is the "Your ID" changing or the Password?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • ksoft
    Options

Your ID

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you install TeamViewer as an Administrator on that computer? That ID is usually stored in the registry I think. The only reason it would be changing is because it is unalbe to be stored.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • ksoft
    Options

The account has admin rights, but I did not explicitly start the setupt with right click "as administrator". Should I do that?

Or: Where is the id stored? If I know I could try to change the permissions.

• ksoft
    Options

I changed permissions in the registry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer to Everybody full access, but the problem ist still the same.