Unable to print from Windows to Mac

I'm trying to remote print from my client's windows computer to my mac.

My problem: I get the following error EVERY TIME. Nothing I do/change has given me a different response and it's driving me nuts. "An error occurred while receiving the document. Please try again."

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 8.00.41 PM.png

I've followed the general setup and the drivers are installed on both sides and I have set the printer as the default. I have tried enabling printing after the last page has spooled, and have tried resetting the printing spools on both ends. I have installed both an XPS viewer and PDF viewer on my mac. I've looked at some of the other topics and around on Google, but they don't seem to have quite the same issue.

Extras:
My Mac is running Catalina 10.15.5; Teamviewer: 15.8.3
Client is running Windows 10 pro; Teamviewer: 15.4.8
Both run on a corporate Teamviewer plan so I don't think that's an issue?

I'm not tech-savvy beyond this point. I would really appreciate any suggestions or feedback, and if anyone has been able to successfully print remotely from Windows to Mac and how on Earth you managed it.

TIA

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Renéenée 

I assume that you have given access to mac to be managed remotely, like screen sharing, etc.

I will try it on my personal MacBook and will update you. Until then, just a question about your setup: Have you enabled full access in the advanced menu on the Mac?

Please see the screenshot above for details.

Screenshot 2020-04-16 02.33.38.png

Best regards

• Hi @Vatsilidis,

Full access is enabled both on my mac and on the windows computer; I still get the same error.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 10.01.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-08 at 10.02.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-08 at 10.02.42 AM.png