Training for IT

Hello,

We have been using TeamViewer in our IT department for about 4 months now and I am interested in training beyond what is available via documentation (which seems a bit out of date) and random posts.  Specifically I am interested in MSI deployment using Group Policy, but the documentation is a bit on the sparce side and not all that user friendly. I see that there is a training academy that offers in person training, but two things: COVID 19 and I would much rather do a web based training as logistically and time wise it is much easier.  Do any of you know of any other training options beyond in person training? 

Thank you in advance,

Seth Bucy

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @SethBucy ,

Thank you for being interested in TeamViewer Academy!

In this case, I would recommend to contact our support team for customized training packages. For more information about TeamViewer Academy, please read this article as well.

Hope this will be helpful ?

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Hi @Yuri_T ,

Thank you for the response.  The contact link takes me to product quotes; no option to contact someone regarding training there.  I have read about the academy, and like I said in my initial post, in person training in the US is not really a thing right now given the COVID 19 situation.

I'm actually kind of surprised that there is not more generally available documentation regarding the IT managed aspect of the product.  I have read through what is posted online and some of it is out of date regarding MSI deployment (like 2017) and the documentation is very sparce to say the least.  Not trying to be critical, just surprising given that the company is global. 

I'm an IT guy so I'm used to a bit *more* freely avaiable setup documentation. 

Maybe someone else in the community knows of other training/deep-dive resources?

Thank you,

Seth

• Yuri_T

Hi @SethBucy

Thank you for your reply.

The acadmey provides two types of services:

1. Customized Training
    2. Professional services 

Unfortunately for further information and price, we have to ask you to reach out to our support team directly via local numbers found here. Also due to the COVID 19 situation, we understand that it is difficult to give you a personal training. They would be happy to advise you on your options about TeamViewer Academy.

With regards to the documentation, I am very sorry for any issues.
    So that we can improve this for everyone, could you please provide anything you believe is out of date and the article you got this from?
    We keep updating our community knowledgbase articles in order to provide the latest information. 

I look forward to hearing from you?

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• Yuri_T
    edited June 2021

Hi @SethBucy ,

I got some extra information on top of my above reply.

I confirmed internally that it is possible to provide TeamViewer academy online.
    For further information, as I mentioned earlier, please contact our support team!

Hope this will help you.?

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• ElizaEpstein
    ElizaEpstein Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Hi @Yuri_T,

I recently was informed by my AM Nicholas that your Engineers are unable to perform any in depth training at this time. I am looking for online 1:1 training for our global team, beyond the youtube videos I was able to find online. Also we would like an engineer to go over our settings with us to ensure we're using TeamViewer to its utmost potential. If there isn't anyone internally who can do this do you have suggestions for consultants who can give us this experience?

Definitely surprised by the lack of training offered and unfortunately support tickets or reading manuals won't cut it in terms of engagement....

Thanks for your help!

Eliza