teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Copy/Paste not working

When remoting in to users during testing of this TeamViewer, we noticed that we are not able to copy/paste passwords when the needed. Is this a function that has been disabled?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 4,205 Moderator

Hello @Clack,

Thank you for your message. ?

The clipboard synchronization has to be enabled in your TeamViewer options to allow copy/paste.

Please make sure the you have ticked the box Clipboard synchronization in the options of your TeamViewer client:TeamViewer options.png

I hope this could help you. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

French Community Moderator
  • Clack
    Clack Posts: 3

Hi Jean, I looked over the settings and Clipboard synchronization. I was on the corporate trial and it as now expired. I will contact Sale to refer extend the trial in order to troubleshoot this issue. We are testing this software to see if it will work for our needs and looking to purchase a remote assist product very soon.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 4,205 Moderator

Hello @Clack

Thank you for lettings us know! ?

If during the testing you hace any other issue/questions, feel free to ask your questions here! ✌

Cheers,

Jean

French Community Moderator
  • GusJ
    GusJ Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited February 23

I have the checkbox ticked on both connected computers, yet clipboard transfer doesn't work. Is there anything I can try or look at?

Gus

• Sclarke
    Sclarke Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. Most times, copy from local computer to paste in remote computer works (and vice versa) but at some point in the session it stops working. I have looked at the Advanced settings for connections to other computers for both my local TV instance and that of the remote computer. Both are checked "yes" to Clipboard synchronization. The only thing that restores copy/paste ability is to end the session and reconnect which is very disruptive and inconvenient. Please advise as to how to resolve this issue.

• NebraskaUser
    NebraskaUser Posts: 1

This copy/paste problem has been an ongoing issue for me with TeamViewer ever since I purchased my license back in 2020. I've got all the correct settings on all my computers. But eventually the copy/paste stops working completely. Both between computers and on an individual remote computer. I can't copy/paste from one computer to the next. I also can't copy/paste within a single remote computer. The problem happens on all my computers (3 of them). It seems that Microsoft Excel is the first domino to fall. Maybe Excel is more susceptible. I know Excel has a long history of copy/paste/clipboard problems.

The only fix I have found is to break the remote connection, and then re-start the remote connection. There have been some occasions where I have had to fully exit Teamviewer on my local computer before copy/paste will work again.