Comments

• ibj
    ibj Posts: 0
    The connection was blocked.
    I use it for personal use.
    Hope you solve it.

• Rodman
    Rodman Posts: 1

I am in the same boat with CurtisHX and Oilman. Since COVID-19 hit, I have been consistently unsuccessful with reaching anyone by phone for support. The only way I've been able to connect with a LIVE person is if I indicate I am ready to purchase one of the ridiculously high-priced business packages. I too, filled out the required waiver form and received emailed notification that I my account had been reviewed for usage violations and had been cleared of any wrongdoing. It took some weeks, but my free account was finally unlocked. Recently, my account has again been getting the same timeout messages referenced within this blog (albeit with no change/difference in my usage/access patterns), i.e. violation by perceived commercial use and the related permitted 5 minutes connection that actually turns out to be one minute or less!!! I too use my TeamViewer primarily to assist a relative, namely my elderly mother, which I explained in my submitted waiver form, but TeamViewer consistently blocks my attempts to connect remotely with her computers. I have NEVER used TeamViewer as a money-making enterprise, regardless of whatever algorithm they possess states to the contrary. I am very angry and disappointed. Pre-COVID, I recall successfully resolving this type of issue with one phone call and subsequently maintained a long-term, almost permanent fix. I perceive that TeamViewer is currently short on personnel, possibly due to COVID and now they are trying to force customers to upgrade to increase their revenues! I realize that getting something for free shouldn't grant me the right to complain so vehemently. However, I don't appreciate being wrongfully accused and denied use of a resource that I am fully compliant with regarding usage standards!

• skbharman
    skbharman Posts: 1

This affects me as well. Strictly personal use, but still being logged out after about a minute with the "Your license limits the maximum session duration" with a "Connection to this partner will be blocked until [...]" where it says a time that's one minute after the current time. But after waiting that time I get the same "maximum session" message and the same "Connections to this partner [...]" and the same one minute lock.

• GiuseppeSDS
    GiuseppeSDS Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

Same problem here: sometime ago I started having this issue and now the mobile app decided unilaterally to upgrade my account to business even if I am only using TeamViewer to help my family members and friends.

I get disconnected immy after trying to remote access any device of “My Computers” and as soon as I try to reconnect I get disconnected again.

Pleased to hear if any solution

• Frank_C
    Frank_C Posts: 4 ✭✭

Yeah same thing here;

I use to use TV to use my room's computer wile being in the living room all the time, but lately every five minutes I get disconnect and accused of using TV for commercial purposes, without even providing proof of that, this is honestly offensive as someone who always abided by the "non-commercial purposes" rule.

I send a help request using the "suspected commercial" form about 1 week ago but nothing changed.

Can't help but wonder how much time did they take to solve the issue if I was a paying customer...

• Frank_C

Repost from another comment:

Yeah same thing is happening here;

I use to use TV to use my room's computer wile being in the living room all the time, I have been doing it since forever, but lately every five minutes I get disconnect and accused of using TV for commercial purposes, without even providing proof of that, this is honestly offensive as someone who always abided by the "non-commercial purposes" rule.

I send a help request using the "suspected commercial" form about 1 week ago but nothing changed.

Can't help but wonder how much time did they take to solve the issue if I was a paying customer...

• Frank_C

Count me in as well :(

I also send a request about 1 week ago but got completely ignored, all I do is control the computer in my bedroom upstairs ("fixed" desktop computer), with my laptop when I'm in my living room... been doing it since freaking forever but now all of a sudden I'm accused of doing it for commercial purpose?

• wmch
    wmch Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same issue. Worked fine for years and now it throws me out after 60 seconds every time. I am not using it any differently.

• wmch
    wmch Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I have been using Team Viewer for years and now it throws me out after 60 seconds saying I am using it commercially. I am not using it any differently. I only use it to connect to my mother's PC to assist her. The reset form DOES NOT WORK! It produces a message saying 'error' and generates an empty pdf file which cannot be downloaded. Please reset my account!

• enderro
    enderro Posts: 1

Have the same issue, seen this post as answered but could not find any answer!! Missing something??

• rickyrickuk
    rickyrickuk Posts: 1

Same issue here, hopefully it gets fixed soon

• This s istupid. Strictly personal use, but still being logged out after about a minute with the "Your license limits the maximum session duration" with a "Connection to this partner will be blocked until [...]" where it says a time that's one minute after the current time. But after waiting that time I get the same "maximum session" message and the same "Connections to this partner [...]" and the same one minute lock.

Staff, can you help me?

• Rienzi
    Rienzi Posts: 1

I`ve exactely the same problem since one week!

I`m a private user. Is sombody able to help?

• Billr_57
    Billr_57 Posts: 2 ✭✭

This affects me as well. Strictly personal use, but still being logged out after about a minute with the "Your license limits the maximum session duration" with a "Connection to this partner will be blocked until [...]" where it says a time that's one minute after the current time. But after waiting that time I get the same "maximum session" message and the same message.... I've never used Team viewer for anything but access to my personal computers on my home network, mainly for access to my computer running BlueIris camera software hidden in a closet.. This is crazy because when I open Team viewer it says that I'm a personal use user...

• dins93
    dins93 Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

Dear TeamViewer.

I have been using your product since 2014 when **Third Party Product** went to their paid subscription plan. but then a friend told me about TeamViewer. and I was so relieved because I live 1000 miles away from my mom and I was able to help set up her computer w/ TeamViewer.

on and off through the nearly past decade, I have been able to help my friends and family with various issues. I have never ever been paid to help them and they are usually older folks struggling to understand why something quit working on their computer.

ever since 2020, TeamViewer has really become a pain to use. there's always UPDATES (because I don't use it that often- I am behind and so is my mom or cousin or friend I had helped in the past)

so then you have to update.

and not this garbage that my account has been flagged as commercial ! WHY?! You can see that my account is not used often, tho, this month - and April, it was b/c my cousin had problems with her Mac and virtual windows communicating. and then my mom needed help with a privacy setting on her computer and suddenly after a few mins I was kicked off her computer saying commercial use suspected.

THAT IS CRAZY. and now we have to wait for someone to go through and look to reset our accounts when you you can do a data search I'm certain of how often an account actually uses TeamViewer.

or when a device on an account has been accessed by another TV user.

so give us little people back our personal free accounts so we can help our relatives b/c trying to FaceTime and see their screen and explain stuff is EXHAUSTING for them and their loved one trying to help them.

I hope you get this resolved quickly, again I am more than certain one of your employees can easily write up an algorithm to check free accounts and how often the remote access is ACTUALLY USED.

if someone is using it EVERYDAY with their max of 50 computers - UM. I would suspect them of commercial use.

people that have less than 10 computers (sometimes old computers don't get removed, but there too , TV can see that the computer has been off line for 80 months ! humm... ). and check their usage history. someone that is using TV once a day. or even maybe it will be several times in one day but that there will be hiatus between the usage. It had been about a month since I had helped my mom when I was suddenly getting "commercial use suspected" message and kicked off after just barely getting to her computer settings.

then my cousin that took me hours and multiple times working with her because she has a job and we are in different time zones. and initially I couldn't even get TeamViewer to work b/c she has an older Mac and can't upgrade and I have a new Mac and so trying to get TeamViewer to work b/f stupid updates issues was another long drawn out thing.

you know, if you want to make TeamViewer personal paid for, then make it reasonable. I liked TeamViewer, but not for $50/month. I don't use it that often and I AM A STAY AT HOME MOM I don't make any money. and I can' afford $50 month. but if you made $50/year maybe that would be worth it. but MAKE THE program work.

and use your freaking common sense and make algorithms that are actually looking for personal use breeches . not to be an unusable tool that has made helping others and teaching older people how to use their computer as painless as possible.

losing my faith in a once great product. it was nice while it lasted.

I'll be looking for another service, even if paid as long as it is reasonable.

Ami

• RXANDR
    RXANDR Posts: 1

Not sure why, I believe there needs to be a look over in order to help clear things up.

Much appreciate

A form link didn't render access to a form, curious what else is there aside from creating another account?=/

• alter123
    alter123 Posts: 3 ✭✭

2 weeks ago i get kicked out of every session to my friends and parents

the esxception tells me that i need a license

but i use this accout very rarly

so how i can fix this

regards

• alter123

same problem here

• alter123

same problem here

• davidwdf
    davidwdf Posts: 1

I remote into our church computer and get logged out in a few minuets. Get a message stating I have a commercial license. I have the Free license on both computers and don't know how to correct this issue.

• LE
    LE Posts: 1

Ditto.... (Same problem here)

• teacake
    teacake Posts: 1

trouble using free account at home can't do share anymore get blocked

• Pawman
    Pawman Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

All my friend are having the same issue, with free accounts, please check your system.

• RogerWolff
    RogerWolff Posts: 1

I am trying to use the free license to access my personal computer that is in the bedroom while I am in the dining room, but I usually cannot establish a connection longer than a few seconds before it is interrupted and blocked. This is normal? I thought the license was free for personal use.

• Frank_C
    edited May 2021

This morning got an email that my IDs had been unlocked, so I go and test and... nothing, after 1 minutes I get kicked out. I think it's about time I go look for alternatives to team viewer...

• FaMunoz
    FaMunoz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi @AlenaC ,

Thanks for the fast answer.

I tryed it out with clearing Cache&Cookies, an other browser and the two browsers in incognito mode. Nothing helped.

I click on the button, nothing is happening.

As i dont have a payed license, i can't reach out to the support. but i also can't create a new reset-request.

So, i'm stucked. Is there an other way to ask for a request.

• EdwardUK
    EdwardUK Posts: 47 ✭✭

Many people are finding that Teamviewer are resetting incorrect IDs. I had similar happen just today. Seems that the team are totally overwhelmed by all these false positive appeals and making mistakes.

Trouble is that it takes a couple of days for users to be able to resubmit their appeals as the web process remains locked (still shows 'under process')

@Esther , please could you check this out? The frustration level for many people is simply magnified by these new mistakes done by the Teamviewer team.

Edward

• JoseAntunes
    JoseAntunes Posts: 0

I don't know why, but last week i have this problem.

I'm using the personal licence, wich i can "controll" my devices remotly and appear a information box that saying "Business licence detected". I just use team viewer for my personal purpose.

What should i do?

• Yoyo1912
    Yoyo1912 Posts: 1

I use teamviewer to close my boyfriend's pc and he does the same for me. Also I sometimes show him how to do stuff. But recently I get timed out all the time after 2 minutes and I get a message with the text "connection blocked until...time". If I try using it after the time passed I get a new deadline. I don't know why, cause my license is the free one. Also I can't click on his computer anymore.

• Alan_Hood
    Alan_Hood Posts: 1

Looks like I'm not the only one with problems. My situation is that I use TeamViewer to help a retired local priest with limited sight, and it's been wonderful during the lockdown as I don't need to go to his house and can help him remotely. This is completely non-commercial.

As has been described by others in this thread, I can now only connect for 1 minute before being kicked off and told I cannot reconnect until X. This is not commercial use, and it's a lifeline for him. Please resolve whatever is causing this issue, I've been using TeamViewer for a considerable time and not had this issue before.

Alan