Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• milcs
    milcs Posts: 5 ✭✭

Just received a third email, saying that my account has been reset. Keep getting booted and having a message saying I'm using TV for commercial purposes. Really... What is going on? I am sure I added the only 3 IDs for the machines I use (my laptop, my desktop, my iMac). There's no more IDs I can provide. And I simply can't use TeamViewer. How is this possible?

• Guybol
    Guybol Posts: 1

Hello,

since a while, I receive messages telling that I use my free license for commercial purpose but it's not true.

And the connection is shutted down.

I simply use it as usual since many years for helping friends without any financial compensation.

Can you please help me ? Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

• Mr_Kuky
    Mr_Kuky Posts: 1

Hi, 

I used to use TV daily but just for me, connecting to my PC at home from my work. But now TV thinks that I probably use it commercially and blocked my free account. So now if I connect to my PC from work or phone (doesnt matter) after 5-15 seconds it disconnects and says "Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed." 

Any idea how can I use my account normally again? Thanks!

• TRSJ2021
    TRSJ2021 Posts: 1

Guys I cannot login to any of my computers at home anymore while I am away although I don't use my account except for personal stuff between my laptop and my desktop at home or my daughter's personal laptops which is very strange that suddenly I cannot remote view any of them more than a minute and I got a message to submit a form that I am not using my free account for commercial which I did but till now 2 days passed and no one replied or fix my issue which is very frustrating I need to login urgently to my desktop at home and I cannot !!!!!!

• Dahatchh
    Dahatchh Posts: 1

I am having the same exact problem. Only personal use. I use my personal phone to connect to my personal laptop. Nothing to do with work. I am suddenly blocked. It says it detected commercial use...

• Namie
    Namie Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

Can someone tell me why, I reset the teamviewer ID number 3 times, but it still haven't rest can someone help me with the issue. I try to call someone but the phone never goes through

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

@rodrigol @Jpm_from_holland @Mr_Kuky @TRSJ2021 @Namie

Be sure and read the first message posted in this thread along with the blog it mentions. In my opinion, anytime you connect from a work/college/university network to or from then you may be flagged as commercial. Apparently there is not a way for free users "lock" their machine ID as non-commercial. Also free users don't appear to get live support/chat/phone/email. Also remember when you fill out the RESET MANAGEMENT PDF form that you have an Account ID AND a machine ID for each device you connect to and from.

Scroll back up for the last month or two and you will probably find some helpful tips. Machine ID's do not change even if you uninstall/reinstall TV. More on machine ID's here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/comment/121791#Comment_121791

• rodrigol
    rodrigol Posts: 4 ✭✭

@FuzzmanKs Many thanks for your reply. I have read and acknowledge that I'm not using TV from a work/college or university network - actually, I can't as I'm WFH since 1.5 years now due to lockdowns. I have submitted the reset form 3 times and three times TV acknowledges I'm a private/non-commercial user and resets an ID that does not correspond to the ID I can see on the TV settings on the tablet. All my other devices work fine. I'm really grateful to TV for letting me use their software but it's really weird that the tablet suddenly is getting flagged as possible professional use. All I do is use TV on this one to monitor a computer that is running open source software to control my telescope and astrophotography cameras.

Thanks for your help and comments,

R.

• Pedro_Q
    Pedro_Q Posts: 0

Why my license has change last january, and now i can't control my computers. Just can use for few seconds and disconnect...

• milcs
    milcs Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

I'm about to quit TV. If by using my laptop on my Uni's account, flags my computer as commercial, then TV is totally useless for me!

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• jeroenbrummer
    jeroenbrummer Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Why is my Teamviewer commercial use established. Is it possible to reset it?

• matt_g
    matt_g Posts: 1

Hi

I always had personal license but recently I noticed it expired asking me to buy commercial.

I don't use TeamViewer for commercial purposes. What's more interesting on my another computer TeamViewer works just fine.

I tried to uninstall app, clear registry, folders but it didn't help.

Why suddenly TV decided my personal license has expired? How to get it back?

Windows 10 on latest updates

• kartam
    kartam Posts: 0
    edited June 2021

The program indicates business use, although I only use it in a home environment. [Personal information removed per Community Guidelines]

• manxann
    manxann Posts: 1

I have the same problem.

I have a number of 'Rescued' computer around the house, mainly as a hobby and backup.

As a pensioner with bad knees, I have been using Teamviewer to save me climbing stairs.

In the last few months , the system has decided that I am a Commercial user and is locking me out, almost coincidentally with recent updates of Windows 101

I have tried contacting Administration but have had no response.

Any help wold be appreciated.

Jeff Rolfe

• bklolo
    bklolo Posts: 1

Hello all,

My session is being cut short because TeamViewer believes that I am using it for commercial use. I am a student that is just using TeamViewer to connect my awful laptop to my amazing desktop from say a coffee shop. I get a lot more done when I'm not sitting at my desktop where I usually game/relax.

I've tried other applications, but TeamViewer is the easiest to use. Please help!

• Felix007
    Felix007 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a personal account that I use to help my family and friends that I have been using for quite some time now. It has NEVER been used in a commercial manner. I DO use a corporate one for my job but that is completely separate from mine. I am connected to my hotspot trying to help my friend and it keeps kicking me out. I have enjoyed using this but do not like being accused of using it commercially when it has never been used like that. Please restore my account so I can help my family and friends. Thank you!

Respectfully,

Felix

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Felix007

Thanks for your post.

Are these accounts used on the same device?

Please know that commercial status is device-specific, meaning if a commercial TeamViewer account is used with a specific TeamViewer ID, that ID and device is classified as commercial. You can also find more info below, in this previous thread:

As such, a personal account would not be able to use the same device.

If these are two separate devices (ie two unique TeamViewer IDs), then you could request reset of the personal device's TeamViewer ID here:

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Every time someone with a paid account tries to sign in to my free version they almost get immediately kicked out. Even I can't sign in to my other computer at all. I've tried deleting and reinstalling but still doesn't work.

• fasterbrew
    fasterbrew Posts: 1

Need to contact support but can not find any link to do so, so posting here.

I submitted a request to 'reset' my client as I just use it to help my folks but it somehow triggered the commercial use warning. On the submission form I believe I listed an old TeamViewer ID. I can not submit a new form because it says my current one is being processed. Any way to contact support to get this corrected?

• rmhenriq
    rmhenriq Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have a free account to several years. Now when I try to connect my remote computer the following message appears: "your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner". I never used the teamviewer for commercial purposes. What can I do to restore my account to normal operation?

• scarypepper
    scarypepper Posts: 1

I had to contact TeamViewer last time to get it "fixed".

Having the same issue!! AGAIN! Upset at this point.

Not using this commercially! Work had it's own separate account for me to access for work.

Not the first, or Second, time this has happened!

I am done being accused of my household setup being a commercial setup I am seeking other software.

• JasABaker
    JasABaker Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

I have been a personal user for a decade or more predominantly using TV to help my 92yo Dallasite mom with her computer remotely from Austin.

6 or 7 months ago TV started cutting my sessions after a VERY SHORT amount of time...suspecting I was a COMMERCIAL USER. (Never been) Months ago i went thru the "get out of TV jail card by a process I dont even remember now.

I need to get this resolved once and for all.

How do I get my personal level use account restored?

Jim

[The personal info has been removed as per the commnunity guidelines]

• dkenefake
    dkenefake Posts: 4 ✭✭

No server, just an ordinary home computer. I've been retired for over 4 years and don't have a business PC to connect to even if I wanted. I know it's this particular machine because I have a laptop at home too. I can connect to the laptop from my iPad without any trouble. I can connect to other family member's PCs from the iPad or the laptop without trouble. Only when I try to connect to (or connect with) this particular PC do I have issues.

• iPaq
    iPaq Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Same I've been a personal user for about a decade as well only connecting to my parents two laptop's to help with stuff while I'm away. And it keeps kicking me out. Awful experience.

This entire website redesign keeps redirecting me to these community forums whenever I try to submit a ticket (A subtle hint from Teamviewer that free users should get lost) yet here I am unable to use the program. Again, awful.

The best I've been able to find after loads of searching is this URL, but I've been here many times over the years and it'll gladly do this again in a month: www teamviewer com/en/reset-management/ Still no permanent solution. I'm not even allowed to share the link properly.

• Miroslav83023
    Miroslav83023 Posts: 1

Hi,

Thanks for reply but I think you didn't understand me.

On list I`m having only 5 PC`s but I`m having limit of one minute per PC for remote using. After passing of one minute I`m being disconnected with massage to wait a couple of minute to connect again. With it I can`t do anything remotely.

When I check online how this can be solved I found out lot of topics where user are asking from you to delete history for account. Again, I`m having only 5 PC`s on my list and I don't want to delete it from the list.

Can you do something about it?

Thanks in advance

• Den42
    Den42 Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Well your system's pretty stupid because it requires commercial equipment to print and scan the PDF I need to sign and send back. So You're asking me to use commercial office equipment to print out and sign a form that's stating that I'm not using it in a commercial environment. Not sure how that makes any sense at all. I'm looking around the cab of my truck that I drive for a living and I'm not seeing a printer or scanner anywhere in sight. And I can't put in a support ticket because I don't have a license. And you don't accept email at support at TeamViewer.com. so there no way to resolve this issue. But I do appreciate closing the 4,000 pop ups that told me I was an awesome person for playing fair.

• ---Ray---
    ---Ray--- Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've been using the free version for a few years to help my elderly friends figure out how to use their PCs.

One guy is 86 years old and has constant (self-induced) issues.

But lately, TV times out our sessions after about 60 seconds and the poor old guy is stuck. He's partially deaf and his hearing aid conflicts with the telephone and so I must use TV to help him.

Used to be, if I had issues, I could email TV and they'd ask for some files to prove I wasn't using their software for commercial purposes...but now? I feel like I'm shouting into the wind.

How can I fix this issue with this ONE person?

• rmhenriq
    rmhenriq Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've already searched for information and tips available in this forum and also in others. I'm giving up ... It is pretty clear that TV's strategy isn't reply to users with free accounts. I'm not going pay for a license.

• HerbJR
    HerbJR Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Please note that I have already submitted this “NON-COMMERCIAL” usage FORM online and have received confirmation by email on 6/9/21, that my access for FREE USAGE meets requirements and qualifies for activation, as I use it “for personal use when helping family and friends, without receiving any financial compensation”.

It is now 6/17/21 and I am still being redirected to the “COMMERCIAL-USE” advisement page. Please note that as indicated, my home burned to the ground leaving me with nothing. Perhaps I provided the wrong TeamviewerID for the new machine when I completed the FORM/REQUEST online.

I have re-completed the NON-COMMERCIAL USE form online and have ADDED/INCLUDED the new ID as retrieved from running TeamviewerQS application.

After generation of PDF file select file from DOWNLOAD directory and choose SUBMIT, I receive the following error:

"problem occurred while saving your data, please try again or contact our support if it happens again"

Is anyone able to assist with this problem? Thank You ...