How to prevent unauthorized access through the installed and configured Teamviewer client?

Options
Bujno
Bujno Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have three computers far apart. They have Windows 10 installed, and the latest versions of the Teamviewer client. All computers have a password for the Windows account. All clients have "Account assignment" and "Unattended Access" enabled. The connection from each computer to the other two is working properly. In my case, a prerequisite is the ability to remotely control the computer, next to which there is no one (if it matters).

The difficulty is, on one of these computers I have a limited account, and not only I have access to it.

How, in such a situation, is it better for me to avoid the situation when someone other than me logs into one of the other two from a "shared" computer?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Bujno,

The best option would be to apply a whitelist on the specific computer by adding YOU as the only user allowed to connect.

Please find how to proceed here:

Community Manager

• Bujno
    Options

JeanK, how exactly do you intend to add partners to the whitelist when all computers use a single Teamviewer user account? Or do you mean that I need to create my own Teamviewer account for each of the three computers? But what's the point if adding a computer account to the whitelist, the OS account of which not only I have access to, does not restrict access from this computer to other computers in any way? (At the same time, letting me log into the other two from this computer.)

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

If all the computers use a single TeamViewer account, then my suggestion would not work, indeed.

We recommend having one TeamViewer account per user.

Community Manager

• Bujno
    Options

Okay, we're one step closer to the truth =)

So, to summarize, there are three computers, each has easy access to the other two without confirmation. All three computers are whitelisted for each other. How to allow access from one of them only to me? (and prohibit on this computer remote access to the other two computers to all other users who have gained access to the user's desktop from which Teamviewer is launched)

For example, does Teamviewer block access to the interface of a running application?