teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• calumd
    calumd Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited November 2021

i have the same issue. just blocked last week and no clue what i am supposed to do.

• imak
    imak Posts: 0 Newbie

what should i do?

• srj123456
    srj123456 Posts: 1

I have submitted the reset form 2 weeks ago and am still locked out my account. How long does it normally take, and is there something else I can try.

• RobR
    RobR Posts: 1

2010-11-26

I've been using Teamviewer for personal use for 10 years or more and love the convenience of connecting to my home computer. I was recently blocked for suspected commercial use. Could that be caused by my recent use of a VPN (Private Intenet Access) for security reasons on all my computers? The VPN is set to load on start.

Most of my use of Teamviewer in the last few months has been from my notebook computer in my living room to my desktop computer in the bedroom, 30 feet away, and accessing cloud storage on OneDrive, all while both computers are VPN connected.

Is the VPN the problem?

Thank you,

Rob Rath

• TheBlakey
    TheBlakey Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have trouble finding the form to re-apply for the free version licence, can it be located from this screen?

• xon59
    xon59 Posts: 0

Can anyone offer any help? timing out happens after 10 minutes. Just using connection for elderly mother to offer Pc help. Thanks in advance

• roger1975
    roger1975 Posts: 2 Newbie

• roger1975

my account is blocked

• roger1975

my account is blocked

• LIMBM
    LIMBM Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited December 2021

Hi, I am having the same issue. I read that in my case, its because one of the computers is connected to a university network. Hence, they detected it as commercial apparently.

I read this article [removed per Community Guidelines]

Where we free users can contact Team Viewer to solve this? Thanks.

• GT71
    GT71 Posts: 1 Newbie

I completed a form I found on the interest to request it to be unsuspended a while, but have heard nothing back?

• I am an old person, fallen and in plaster [fracture].

My home is vulnerable country property which has CCTV. Because of the fracture I have had to leave my home temporarily and try to use remote desktop apps to check on my home.

I have used TeamViewer since the early days and am now endeavouring to use the free version but keep being blocked as tm say I'm commercial.

can someone please advise? I cannot afford 35gb a month. I have no commercial activity.

• Jokkiz
    Jokkiz Posts: 2 Newbie

Hello, I really like TeamViewer but I'm a private person that is using it and the auto detection is forcing me to be a company so I cannot control the computers any more. Can you please take away the blockages and let me use this program as a private person?

Best regards Joacim.

• Jokkiz
    Jokkiz Posts: 2 Newbie

Please help me out.

• My acc has been suspended becouse it's apparently under suspension for commercial use. I am a student and dont have a business nor a job and the account is rarely used to help my parents so how do l get in touch with team wiever to rectify this as there is only a contact for commercial licences ?

• yasminkorai
    yasminkorai Posts: 1 Newbie

@Anwarjutt Wow, thanks - I didn't suspect that my scope of using TV could be admitted as commercial usage. Well, I'll write to their support and will explain the situation. Thanks for that tip!

• rmyoung
    rmyoung Posts: 0 Newbie

I have read whereTeaviewer access if free to personal computers. I have two residences so i just connect remotely to my other computer from time-to-time. Every connection is time limited it terminates after about 3-5 minutes. Is the personal accounts time restricted?

• norm1206
    norm1206 Posts: 2 ✭✭

How do I contact support about getting my account reset as it is being incorrectly identifying my usage as commercial.

This happened to me about 2 years ago and was reset back then by support but I cannot get support form the same process as I did back then.

Thanks

• Amaldidi
    Amaldidi Posts: 1
    edited January 5
  • saniamirza111
    saniamirza111 Posts: 1 Newbie

@Esther They want you to pay for it. You can argue til you're blue in the face… they may or may not reverse their decision, but there's nothing anyone here can do. Signed, an ex-teamviewer user with the same issue...

• Eldesoqi
    Eldesoqi Posts: 1

I have been flagged as a commercial user around 3 weeks ago and I have submitted the form as requested 2 weeks ago. They told me that they will respond within 5 days. However, I didn't get any reply from their side till now. what should I do ??

• Eldesoqi
    Eldesoqi Posts: 1

I have been flagged as a commercial user around 3 weeks ago and I have submitted the form as requested 2 weeks ago. They told me that they will respond within 5 days. However, I didn't get any reply from their side till now. what should I do ??

• Complications
    Complications Posts: 0 Newbie

Hello

I am using the free version of team viewer, my account recently got limited due to suspicion of commercial use, so i went in and filled out a form to regain access to my account. I failed to realize that i had to put in my phone as part of the devices, and cant edit the application.

what to do?

• Hello,

wondering if there is any way to stop the team view from timing out?

Thanks

• thenufoxx
    thenufoxx Posts: 0 Newbie

Very close to finding another remote management solution, I have just been connecting with my tablet and phone and now barred from using any teamviewer connection, with no support, tried twitter, no support no solution...not happy with it, not paying when only light use between a cpuple of personal devices

• TheBlakey
    TheBlakey Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have been trying to get my free account reset for a couple of months now, I fill in the form with the details and it all seems to go through but I have no response. I get the message that it takes 5 days to process but nothings seems to happen after that time. How can I convince TV that I am not using as commercial ( Just my PC and several laptops ) ??

• killachris
    killachris Posts: 1
    edited January 18

hi i have a server that i have my files on and use it for personal use not for bussiness i stor photos videos and persnal stuff on it and now i can not access my server cause my account is blocked cause i conect to it to muchany help i cant find any help on there web site or [removed per Community Guidelines] please help me

• TumainiTiger
    TumainiTiger Posts: 1
    edited January 19

I connect to my father's pc sometimes (1/2 times a week) so I'm not using it for any commercial use. Today I got an error saying the app thinks I'm using it for commercial purposes but I'm not.

Is there a way to unblock my account? I don't want to pay to help family out with their pc or share my screen with them...

• joshss7
    joshss7 Posts: 1 Newbie

What a joke. I'm getting the same commercial use error. It's really frustrating when you're at your work PC and try to connect to your work PC to let family members know your phone has no battery. I'm not signed into Telegram or WhatsApp Web on my work PC and usually remote to my home PC if I ever need to do so.

Thanks TeamViewer for your planned sabotage into getting premium licenses from free users.

Looking for an alternative, and I'm not buying a Man Untied kit till you stop sponsoring them.