TeamViewer and Windows 11 (22H2) Update

JeanK
JeanK Posts: 6,982 Community Manager 🌍
edited May 2023 in Announcements

Hi all,

Windows released a new operating system: Windows 11 (22H2).

We tested TeamViewer in the latest release and can confirm that all basic features work as expected, however - further tests are pending to announce full support of the new operating system.

Please see: 📄 Supported operating systems

We´d like to collect your feedback about your experiences with TeamViewer on the new operating system to speed up the process of announcing full support.

Please share your feedback with us by commenting on this post.

To ensure that we understand your setup and findings, please share as many details as possible about it without sharing any personal details.

Thanks for your help in making TeamViewer better and fully supporting Windows 11 (22H2).

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

Best Answer

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

We released v15.35.9. This version fixes the issues mentioned in this thread.

Please make sure to update your devices to the latest version.

Thanks again for your trust and patience.

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• rgriffiths
    rgriffiths Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

We're finding computers running TeamViewer are not showing in our TV administrator consoles as being online, they appear offline and we are unable to connect to them after the 22H2 upgrade. We have to add them back and their TeamViewer ID is now different to the one they had prior to the Windows update.

• JeanK

Hello @rgriffiths,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting about this issue.

It would be great if you could check something for us.

Could you check on an impacted computer if its ID (showing in the Remote Control tab) is the same as indicated in your Computers & Contacts list?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• DaveC9
    DaveC9 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have problems with Windows 11 and unattended access

I have Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 on one machine and Windows 10 Pro 21H2 on another. The latest version of TV is installed on both, both are granted with Easy Access.

I can use the Windows 11 machine to start an unattended session to the Windows 10, but I cannot start an unattended session from the Windows 10 back to the Windows 11 machine. Windows 11 just does not want to accept the connection.

I can also start an unattended session from my ipad with the Teamviewer app to the Windows 10, but not the Windows 11. The connection issues are only when I try to connect to the Windows 11 machine

If I try one of the other methods such as - Remote Control - "prompt for confirmation" from the Windows 10, I message does pop up on the Windows 11 to allow the connection. But after clicking Allow, nothing happens. I just get a message on the Windows 10 that it is waiting for the request to be accepted, after a few seconds that goes, and the connection is authenticating message is displayed, again for a few more seconds before it then times out also.

• hendis
    hendis Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have used TV for years - wonderful product! But now I have a problem...

I have 3 computers on my TV account. Almost all (>99.999%) of my TV use is from one specific PC (that I keep with me) to my main PC at home. My main PC (at home) is a Windows 11 machine; all other computers are Windows 10.

Normally, I find that I cannot establish a connection to my main PC. When I can physically access the machine (the main PC), I will check my TV installation, then try to connect again from the PC I keep with me. If I attempt the connection within 3-5 minutes, the connection always works. After that, I am blocked.

I initially thought that it was the Power settings on my main PC, so I disabled both Sleep and Hibernate. Unfortunately, this had no effect, so I still can't connect!

I have checked and rechecked the TV instructions about how to set up unattended access and Easy Access. I have done everything recommended, but no success.

What did I do wrong?

• vinok
    vinok Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

I have a similar problem as DaveC9. My windows 10 PC is connecting to windows 11 (22H2) but does not display anything. Windows 11 shows that connection (session) was successfully established but windows 10 machine does not invoke viewer. I have no issue connecting from windows 11 PC to windows 10 PC. Both PC have the latest version 15.34.4 (64 bit) of TM.

• AliSRB60
    AliSRB60 Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a similar issue, using Windows 11 (home edition - 2022H2) and lost the connection after upgrading to H2.

Please let me know if the issue is going to be resolved.

Regards

Ali

• Wowdi
    Wowdi Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same issue as many people above

I'm running Windows 11 Pro 22H2, and it won't accept incoming remote control connections (IPC Error). I verified that I can connect FROM the Windows 11 machine TO a Windows 10 machine and a macOS Ventura machine. But I cannot connect from any other machine TO the Windows 11 Pro 22H2 machine.

I have tried disabling UDP and running TeamViewer as administrator but no luck.

Any thoughts?

• kirashi
    kirashi Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

After my newly built personal computer was updated to Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22621.674 my connection logs from any outgoing PC indicate the same "IPC Error" problem. This only happens when trying to control the Windows 11 computer running 22H2, but not when connecting to my personal Synology NAS, or other computers in the home currently running various Windows 10 builds.

• Windows Firewall contains exceptions for the TeamViewer Remote Control Application and Service over TCP and UDP.
    • Clean reinstalls of the TeamViewer software on the source and destination devices have been performed numerous times.
    • Connecting to other personal PC's not running Windows 11 22H2 from the Windows 11 22H2 computer works flawlessly.
    • Attempting to connect to the Windows 11 22H2 computer over LAN or cellular WAN does not seem to make a difference.
    • It doesn't seem to matter if I grant Easy Access to the Windows 11 22H2 device or use the Remote Control Partner ID number.

This points to an incompatibility issue between TeamViewer software and the most recent Microsoft Windows 11 22H2 version.

I've redacted private information from my TeamViewer15_Logfile.log below and am happy to work with TeamViewer if needed.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Bozimir
    Bozimir Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

I am trying to connect to one of my computers with unattended access, got the same message.

From this computer I can access any other my computers, but no one could access to this one.

OS on this computer is Windows 11, issue started about 2-3 weeks ago

• Wowdi
    Wowdi Posts: 5 ✭✭

I beleive I found a temporary solution to the Windows 11 22H2 problem I described above:

• Uninstall TV 15 including all settings
    • Download and install TV 14
    • Use "Check for a New Version" feature and allow TV 14 to upgrade itself to TV 15

I can now remote control a Windows 11 22H2 machine

If I had to guess, I think the lastest TV 15 install has a problem with one of it's components or fails to update another Windows component correctly. Install TV 14 first seems to correct the problem.

Please let me know if this "fix" works for others.

• Scooter256
    Scooter256 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, this is an ongoing problem with version 15.35.7. I've filled a proper bug report with TV support. I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon.

In the meantime, the fix is really simple

A) On the existing broken install, Extras->Options->Advanced, set to never check for updates and no automatic updates. Click OK

B) Uninstall existing TV, don't check the delete settings button

C) Reinstall an older version. Through testing I know 15.33.7, dated August 22, 2022 works. It's impossible to download an exact specific previous Teamviewer version from a trusted source so A) maybe you downloaded it recently to a client's computer and can grab your own copy from there, B) [removed per Community Guidelines - please do not download TeamViewer from third party websites]

• Scooter256
    Scooter256 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

Version 15.35.7, on random computers of differing ages, Windows OSs and hardware, refuse to accept incoming connections, even lan connections. I've filled a proper bug report with TV support. I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon.

In the meantime, the fix is really simple. Hopefully this will save someone the hours I lost debugging this problem.

A) On the existing broken install, Extras->Options->Advanced, set to never check for updates and no automatic updates. Click OK

B) Uninstall existing TV, don't check the delete settings button

C) Reinstall an older version. Through testing I know 15.33.7, dated August 22, 2022 works. It's impossible to download an exact specific previous Teamviewer version from a trusted source so A) maybe you downloaded it recently to a client's computer and can grab your own copy from there, B) [removed per Community Guidelines - please do not download TeamViewer from third party websites]

• JaydeM
    JaydeM Posts: 3 ✭✭

rolling back fixed it for me. thanks.

• swankyb
    swankyb Posts: 1

Hello:

I am using Team Viewer 15.35.7 Windows 11 64 Bit, and just today became unable to remote a working computer that was fine yesterday. When i try to connect, it says "Connecting to partner", then "connecting" but then shows "Connection not established. Authentication Cancelled Error".

I restarted both computer Team viewer services, still failed. Rebooted both computers, still failed. Uninstalled and reinstalled TV, still failed.

I am able to make a connection from the partner computer to my host, but for some reason the host will not connect to the partner computer, just shows "Connection Not Established Authentication Cancelled Error".

Please help!

Thanks,

Swankyb

• I'm not sure if this is the same issue but when I try to login to my home computer from my phone it starts the connection (External Connection outgoing) then it says Login canceled. I am sitting in front of my home computer with my phone in my hand.

I'm sure it is something simple that I'm not doing or doing.

Please Help

• Jacob90
    Jacob90 Posts: 1

I have the exact problem and its only with windows 11 computers that it wont let me connect to.

• jonathanc
    jonathanc Posts: 2 ✭✭

Installing TV14 worked for us. Thank you!

• kermitadmin
    kermitadmin Posts: 2 ✭✭

I installed TeamViewer 15.35.7 64-bit on a new Windows 11 PC. When attempting to connect to it I get "Cannot establish Connection. Authentication cancelled."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TV. No joy.

• kermitadmin
    kermitadmin Posts: 2 ✭✭

Imagine if TV would actually provide a workaround, like a link to a previous version for this instead of just removing 3rd party links.

• johnb0118
    johnb0118 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I installed Teamviewer on my mothers new laptop. I also had bitdefender installed with Teamviewer allowed through the firewall. Anytime I tried to connect to her PC I'd get the following:

'Connection not established. Authentication Canceled'

I uninstalled Bitdefender, then it worked for one session. Then on reboot, it was back to not working with the same error (AV still uninstalled) I've restarted, restarted the app, tried killing the service, uninstalled/reinstalled, no dice. Her PC can remote into mine, but mine cannot remote into hers. When I try to remote in, I can see in her app that there's an "incoming connection" but it'll error out every time.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

• mahasish
    mahasish Posts: 1

After reading through the comments, it seems this is a common issue faced by a lot of the people. Windows 11 with TeamViewer 15.35.7

Please fix the issue!

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍
    edited October 2022

Hello all - Thanks for the feedback regarding this issue.

We can confirm that this issue has been reported internally - as soon as we have more information we will reach back out here.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• SM_Hirsch
    SM_Hirsch Posts: 5 ✭✭

I recently built a new machine that's running Windows 11. I've uninstalled, re-installed the client, etc., and tried everything I can think of, but this machine will not allow me to connect from any of my other machines.

It is configured for easy access, has the right credentials, and is running the current client version (free, as are my other machines that I manage for my family.) I can access each and every one of those from the new machine without issue, but cannot access IT from any of them.

Any specific suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Artemio
    Artemio Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with remote control to Windows 11 22H2 version. Connection initiates but it never completes. Event logs show that TeamViewer app has crashed. Same with QuickSupport. Same issue on 2 different laptops. Both are AAD joined. Any ideas?

• This just happened with us accessing our main computer. It has to be resolved NOW. We are in a specialized business which could impact lives and property that is secured. FIX IT NOW!

• aomadmin
    aomadmin Posts: 1

Yes I've encountered the same problem. Rolling back to an earlier version of TV Host has fixed the problem. Luckily I had an older installer.

Why o why cant we download previous versions of the application from the Teamviewer website....Thats insane!!

• internalmis
    internalmis Posts: 3 ✭✭

Trying to remote to another pc in teamviewer. Trying to access into, tried restart teamviewer in services. Same problem occurred. May ask how to remote in.

• Ivan8686
    Ivan8686 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi , I'm using Windows 11pro/versions 22h2 and have problem with TV incoming connections when my phone remote to pc and my phone shows login cancelled,

• internalmis

This error has been insisting. Cannot remote in. did the necessary action but still unable to remote access in.

• internalmis

Even Manual enter the id also don't seems to work also.