Easy Access suddenly not working

sos_hk
sos_hk Posts: 8 ✭✭

Greetings!

I have been using TeamViewer on computers at home, office, and a NAS.

Recently I found that I can not remote access other computers, beside the NAS which uses a special version of TV by QNAP.

I have some some other articles here and I confirm that

1. I have assigned the computers to an account, my account
  2. I have allowed full access for remote access control
  3. I have granted easy access to an account, again my account.

When I tried to remote control a computer, I double clicked on the computer in my computer list, there showed a "Connecting...Authenticating..." message at bottom right corner. And, later, it showed "Connection not established" after awhile with no response at all.

Anyone has any brilliant idea on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,205 Moderator

Hi @sos_hk,

Thank you for reaching out to us with the detailed information.

We try to help you as much as we can here.

To begin with, could you please check if you have done the easy access setting, specifically the account assignment and granted easy access settings on your remote device?

Please note that the setting procedures written in the following article (How to set up Easy Access section) need to be done on the remote device: Remote control via Easy access - How to set up Easy Access

Once this setting is completed on the remote device, please also make sure that you are signing in to the local device with the same TeamViewer account with account assignment in the remote device.

Please let us know how this goes.

We would be happy to see what we can do next!

Best, Aki

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• sos_hk
    edited May 2023

Hi, Aki,

Thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned and showed in my post, I have already done the following.

1. 1.I have assigned the computers to an account, "MY ACCOUNT"
    2. I have allowed full access for remote access control
    3. I have granted easy access to an account, again "MY ACCOUNT".

please see the screenshot i attached in my post

It used to work before, but somehow recently it does not work anymore.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

• sos_hk

Hi, Anyone?

• Akiho

Hi @sos_hk,

Thank you for getting back to us, we also really appreciate you sharing the detailed information in this forum along with the screenshots!

Please know that in such cases, clarifying the TeamViewer settings in remote and local devices is important to have a better understanding of your case and assist you further!

Pherphs, restarting the TeamViewer service on both remote and local devices might be helpful. Could you please try restarting TeamViewer and see if it helps?

👇👇 In case you are unfamiliar with restarting the TeamViewer service, here is a gift that shows the steps:

Hope restarting the TeamViewer service would help in your case!

Best,

Aki

• sos_hk
    edited June 2023

Hi, Aki,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have tried your suggested solution, but still no luck.

I dont know how to make fanzy animations like yours, so I stick with screenshots.

The followings screenshots show that, after doing the "restarting service" trick,

1. the TeamViewer on home computer and on remote computer at office both got upgraded? they used to show "Easy Access for XXX granted", now they show "Easy Access for XXX AND ONE ADDITIONAL MANAGER granted"
    2. the TeamViewer on both computers were logged off, thus I logged in again, and are assigned to the same old account, (one is a TVHost, one is a TVClient)
    3. the access to my QNAP NAS works as usual.

I am running out of idea. Do you have any more tricks to try?

Thanks very much for your help.

• Akiho
    edited June 2023

Hi @sos_hk,

Thank you for trying the restarting TeamViewer service and sharing more information.

On the remote device, could you please try to remove the account assignment and re-set the account assignment to see if this triggers an improvement in easy access connections?

After re-doing the account assignment, please also check the check box of the grant easy access setting.

If you already tried this before or if the issue persists after this, we would recommend contacting our support team for further investigation of your case.

We appreciate all your efforts and patience in this matter.

Kindly ask you to update your situation in this thread.

Best,

Akiho

• sos_hk

Hi, Akiho,

Thanks for getting back.

I forgot to mention, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling TeamViewer at the first place. Aftering reinstalling, I also signed in again and re-assigned account/easy access.

However, I think I found an new issue now.

I have setup 2FA for remote controlling. For those connections that worked, I received a request on my mobile phone asking for approval/deny. For those connections that didn't work, no such notification.

I tried re-assigning 2FA device, but still not working.

Perhaps this is the cause of the issue?

Thanks.

• Akiho
    edited June 2023

Hi @sos_hk,

Thank you for updating us on your situation.

On my Windows devices, I have tested 2 different connections: easy access settings and easy access with 2FA for remote controlling enabled. Yet, I could not replicate the connection issue.

Therefore, I would like to confirm some more details.

Could you please tell us the device information (operating system and version) and the TeamViewer version that are using on remote and local devices?

Also, please remove the settings of easy access and 2FA for remote controlling first and try a connection using TeamViewer ID and password to the target device and tell us if it works.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Best,

Akiho

• sos_hk

Hi, Akiho,

Windows 10 Home 64bit on all computers, some English version, some Chinese version.

I suddenly remember another thing.

I was on business trip in China in late May, and I was once asked to confirm my phone number when I tried to log in to TeamViewer. I think I also clicked on something like agreeing to the laws/regulations in China before proceeding.

Does that affect anything?

Thanks.

• Akiho
    edited June 2023

Hi @sos_hk,

The SMS verification needs to complete once before the first connection, but this should not affect any connections including easy access. And this only applies to free users who are located in China.

Could you please check if you are using the latest TeamViewer version on both remote and local devices, and update your TeamViewer to the latest one according to any available updates?

In case you are not familiar with how to check any available updates on TeamViewer, here are the steps: kindly go to the trey menu (1) and right-click the TeamViewer icon (2). Then select Check for new version (3).

You can also find more details information on this topic here: Use TeamViewer's latest version

Hope this would lead to a better experience using TeamViewer.

Best,

Akiho