Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• microsvc
    microsvc Posts: 2
    edited September 2023

I've been using the free personal account for many years. I had a PC fail hard, so when I installed it on that PC, I couldn't get it to work, something about already used three devices? Is this something new?

I have not been warned about commercial usage.

• Thank you for your answer!

You were very kind!

In the form I indicated 8 of my contacts; Does this mean I can add 2 more contacts at my discretion or will there always only be 8 contacts left?

• Hi,

I have received a pop-up that says "Commercial use detected". I have already filled out the reset request, but I haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks.

How long will it take for it to be reset?

-Mia

• @Matteo sorry I don' t know any more about that. (You asked how many devices an you add to the form...)

• Matteo
    Matteo Posts: 6
    edited September 2023

@knwpsk the form asked for up to a maximum of 10 contacts, but I only reported 8.

• eipp
    eipp Posts: 3

I'm having the same issue. I submitted a form and I can't submit another form. Ying Q in support asked for details which I gave her but she's ignoring my community posts and DM's. Lots of people are having this issue. You have a website problem. You are severely letting down people who depend on the TeamViewer to support their families.

• eipp
    eipp Posts: 3

Jen W.... Now the website won't let us send DM's. How are we supposed to get help if we can't contact you?

• jjwillis39
    jjwillis39 Posts: 13
    edited September 2023

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

I'm having same problem. All of my ID's have not been reset to free.

What can I do to accomplish the problem?

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

• Ishan18
    Ishan18 Posts: 2
    edited September 2023

I am getting message about suspicious use even though i am using it for personal use. I just came to out of country and getting this message. What is it that you are seeing as suspicious activity? Please provide a solution to this. Its flagging false positive and I would like to know why. Thanks

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,094 Senior Moderator
    edited October 2023

Hi all,

Thank you for commenting on our Community! 🙌

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with our reset form.

@eipp: Could you please tell us if you have any error messages when trying to send us a private message?

@jjwillis39: With the info you provided, we could see that the reset of your IDs has been processed. Please note that we have removed your confidential data for privacy and security measures.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• hellow3
    hellow3 Posts: 6
    edited September 2023

I'm not going to upgrade and pay a fortune for the free program, only because your detection system is flawed and suspected commercial use.

I have not used TV in weeks, and today I logged in welcomed by that message.

Review the case and remove the alert.

It's clear that it's not working as advertised.

• Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I submitted a form and I can't submit another form. 

• This week, I had my Teamviewer reset for a second time due to the system deciding I am a business, this for assisting my Mom in another part of the country.

Now, I am still limited to 5 minute sessions and I get this message every time I connect. Both my Mom's and my PC are on my account. So I have no idea what this is about

I also look after my Dad's, wifes, step kids, brother's and sister's computers. And I have the same thing on all of them now.

• Thank you, your request was submitted successfully.

Please download the generated PDF for your records.

This is the only text that gets bounced back to me. I don't see the form at all. Have even cleared my cache still no change. Tried a different browser still no change.

Please assist.

• Hey all! Like the title says, I am on the free license, only using TeamViewer for personal use to access my studio computer when I'm not at home. I started getting messages about license mismatch etc, and did some research and concluded that TV flagged my account as suspected commercial use. No worries, I went through and submitted the reset management form that I'd found elsewhere in this community (cheers for that!). However, I misunderstood a part of the form and only submitted the TeamViewer ID for one of my devices (I use a number of different devices to connect to my home studio computer). So even though I got a nice response from TV saying "ok, you're good!", I'm not actually good. Still getting that error message.

I went to the reset management page once again to resubmit the form with the rest of the IDs, but it looks like the only thing I can do is download the original PDF with just one of the IDs which has been cleared already. Any way I can submit another form with additional TV IDs somehow?

I tried looking for a way to contact TV support but was told that support beyond this community is limited to paid TV customers only. That's an unfortunate state of affairs.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thank you in advance for responses!

• hello, i've just filled out the blanket some days ago, and the id has been reset, but i still get the  pop-up saying you are using TeamViewer commercially,

the issues is that i can't find where to fill out the blanket, only to download the previous one at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

• Hello,

I have created reset for Non Comertional use, but request was wrongly processed and wrong number set as new ones.

I have replied on email but no response.

I have requested new reset but no response and old PDF still downloaded.

Any help or suggestion?

• [PDF Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Thank you for your replay.

Cordialy.

LAPLEIGE Eric

• I think I solved the problem. Just give TV some time to analize and process the request.

15 days more or less.

Thanks a lot for the support!

• Hello!

I've tried everything I could thing of to resolve this, but when I goto the Reset id page and sign in, it immediately brings me to the reset management page asking me to download my previously submitted signed pdf request at:

"https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management"

"Thank you, your request was submitted successfully.

Please download the generated PDF for your records."

I've cleared the cache etc and even changed browsers and I can't find a way to now submit a NEW request with all the ID's I need to reset since the previous attempt didn't clear the flagged use.

• JenW

You sent email that all 4 ID's reset. However, they still time out!

Also looking in management there are more ID's that i do not know and are not mine. How can we delete? that could be reason of false positive.

Javck

• During a remote session with Teamviewer, the connection is disconnected due to timeout. I need to reconnect after one minute, but the reconnection still failed for the same reason during many attempts.

Is there any reason for this symptom for a personal use and how to resolve it?

• This not really helpful as I am trying to use an ipad to connect to some pc I have at home. I am travelling and every time I connect I get the time-out message. I requested a reset for the ipad which I got but now I am still getting the time-out. THe response from Team Viewer is that I need to make the request and included all the id's I am connecting too. But I cannot make a new request . I try to make a new request but I am taken to the pdf of the request I have already made and get seem to to create a new on

• jruys
    jruys Posts: 1

I have this very same issue. Received a positive reply from the team but one of my ID's is still flagged. Went back to /reset-management page but only thing I can do is download the previous pdf.

Tried on different machine as well so no cached data, but after logging in I get the same page.

• Hi :) This message keeps me from sending a new reset form including my new computer.

I reset my computers last year because of suspected commercial use, now after buying a new computer i get hit with the suspected use message again, and when i try to reset to free user i get the message attached. I am uanable to fill out the form because of the previous form still active in the system, i am disabled and i use this software to control my computers around the house, trying to contact support and getting no help, im out of options and it has been negativly impacting my life for the last month

• Same issue here.

I sent a form half a month ago with 3 of the 4 IDs that needed a reset, forgetting the ID of my mobile phone. I received the "Your TeamViewer ID(s) has/have been reset successfully" email roughly a day later, but when I go to the website to re-submit a request for the ID that is still flagged as commercial, the form is simply not there and instead there's still "Thank you, your request was submitted successfully."

No matter the browser, or clearing cache, or anything else.

• I filled out the reset management form but I forgot to add all of my flagged Teamviewer ids. I received notification that my account was reset for the ID provided, however, if I did not provide all of the ID's I may still receive the flag notification and would have to resubmit the form with all of my ID's. The problem is that when I log in to fill out the form again, all I can do is download my original PDF. How do I submit a new form?

• Same here, I have just reset it days ago, and now the alert is back again. The link for asking the reset does not work anymore, instead it downloads the previous document that was filled. I only connect to my own PC's and there is no business and no commercial stuff. Zero.

Any support here?

• dftfwip
    dftfwip Posts: 5
    edited October 2023

Hi @JenW

I'm having the same issue.

I submitted a reset request and received an e-mail back [removed per Community Guidelines] (teamviewer.com) saying "We have successfully reset the TeamViewer ID(s) you submitted via the form provided earlier. We acknowledge that you are using TeamViewer for private use only on these devices."

However, when I connect to my laptop from my Android phone, I still get "COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED".

I'm not able to re-submit the unblock request as the reset page only allows me to download the previous PDF.

I have tried accessing the reset page in other browsers, and on other computers, but it makes no difference.

Anything more I can try?

I'm not using the app in any commercial way, so this is rather annoying.

Thanks

Stuart