Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• alexnews
    alexnews Posts: 2

Unfortuanly they don't care anymore about people. The same happened to me. I have 3 kids and wife to support, but can't pay money everymonth. So have to swith to the different product. Good job team!! Hope you will going down in few months. Thank you for work at list for 2 years. 

• KMS
    KMS Posts: 5

@timwuz28 wrote:

I also have the same problem this morning. I don't believe you need to submit log file from all PCs. I believe you only need to submit the log file and ID for the PC that's having trouble connecting to the other devices.

The reason I said that is, I'm able to grab another PC from my network and access the other devices just fine. So it seems for whatever reason, only one of the PC on the network if affected by this issue. And I've only submitted the log file for this PC.

And for everyone who's affected by this, in the mean time, try another PC to access your other devices in the mean time as a workaround.

Interesting.  I used my bare couple of minutes on my home machine to test the connection from there to my mother's and that seems to have the same problem.  Ditto my husband's.  I haven't tested all of them (half a doz, not all on line) but it seemed like the group was blocked rather than just one machine.  

For those upthread saying we should pay - I've suggested a domestic licence to TeamViewer in the past and got no response. I would be quite happy to pay for modest support fee however the entry price to TV is absurd for supporting half a dozen family machines with occasional connections.

• alexnews
    alexnews Posts: 2

Scrue you and your team, if I'll find the way help my family with out you, I'll tell all my friends how to do it.

• Mteal
    Mteal Posts: 1

I have the same issue and it is VERY frustrating. 

• 03buecoupe
    03buecoupe Posts: 14

I just started getting the exact same thing.  I support my sisters and brother-in-laws computers. Have for years.   I'm hoping something is just **bleep** up on their end.

• KMS
    KMS Posts: 5
    This is interesting from an Aussie colleague (who like me uses TV to fix family machines when travelling for work).

https://run.teamviewer.com/fum-metering-conn-sub-au/

No rollover, monthly sign up needed, doesn't define a session for these purposes (eg is a session any continuous connection however long? Is there a max amount of data you could transfer?). Maybe the new owners simply don't feel they are getting enough money and rather than offer some form of domestic licence want families to buy into business support monthly sub. It isn't offered in my geography but I'm not sure I trust TV just now.
  • TV2
    TV2 Posts: 1

I'm having trouble with my teamviewer, TeamViewer is saying connection blocked after timeout. your license limits are blocked. please try later.or upgrade your license. I HAVE A FREE VERSION. PLEASE HELP!!!

• 03buecoupe
    edited March 2022

Same thing just started here. VERY frustrating! And forget getting help.  

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• MarkJ409
    MarkJ409 Posts: 4
    edited March 2022

Wow...timing **bleep**...can't log in but every 10 minutes or so for less than a minute...Guess I'll bring a laptop in to my office tomorrow and attempt to log in wirelessly.....:(

• nice2bj
    nice2bj Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• RanMan62
    RanMan62 Posts: 2

Same here.

• hy guys!

since the last updates of the, free for personal use, software, there are always messages about alleged commercial use and connection breaks to the partner! i have many devices and thus many ids to the same mail account! must i seriously send for each id a personal use request? for me, the teamviewer software is currently unusable and the windows 10 teamviewer app does not have all the features like the software!

bg

berny (a very angry user)

• 03buecoupe

Thanks,   Hopefully they'll fix  TV and that won't become necessary as my sisters and brothers in laws aren't the sharpest tacks in the box and walking them through another install would be painful.   But I'll look into it just in case!

• I am having the same problem also. I found on their website that the free version will no longer be free if you have windows product. I called and I was asked are you going to buy anything, I said no, He says then I am not going to help you and he hung up. Wonderful customer service. I have uninstalled and installed and still does not work. They are recording IP addresses is why.

• origami
    origami Posts: 12 ✭✭

I am receiving the message "COMMERCIAL USE DETECTED" and then the session is limited to only 5 minutes, without the ability to re-connect without a delay.  I am using Teamviewer on a personal computer and I do not own a business.  Whatever method Teamviewer is using to "detect" commercial usage is obviously flawed.

• The_Bear
    The_Bear Posts: 1

I am getting the same issue.  Only happens when I use my gaming rig. 

• PeterHah
    PeterHah Posts: 17
    TeamViewer had a security problem that was fixed.
    https://heise.de/-4118201

Still waiting for them to investigate the commercial accusation issue.
  • With as much as this thread has blown up, I can only imagine there's some issue with the algorithm that causes non-commercial users to be seen as false-positives. Or TeamViewer is truly cracking down. Let's hope it's the former and not the latter. 

If I connect to my home computer from work to do personal stuff, does that count as me using the product for commercial use? Should it? I'm using the product to work on my personal computer, even though I'm on company resources. 

• PeterHah
    As long as the problem persists and from what the reported reactions are, I wouldn't set my hopes too high.

They achieved their goal of removing 80% of TeamViewer users, I'd say.
  • mikelltea
    mikelltea Posts: 4

I had been using Teamviewer to connect to my home computer (or wife's when she's having trouble) from work.  Because I have no input into what RDP method my company uses, I can't even suggest any software. Besides, it's my company policy to not allow us to connect to our home computers. Anyhow, a few weeks ago I started getting messages saying "suspected business use" or something to that effect. Since it wasn't true, I would simply click through. Of course, there is no challenge since TeamViewer's knowledge is absolute. Today I started timing out after a minute. It appears to be time to move away from TeamViewer and find another better remote.

• mikelltea
    mikelltea Posts: 4

Pretty sure it's the later. Bye, bye TV.

• Napster
    Napster Posts: 3

I don´t know why you don´t understand what ive written 

team.JPG

It clearly says fee license but iam still not able to make use of it because the connection gets terminated after a few minutes

• PeterHah
    Good boy.
    That's what they wanted.
  • Damienb
    Damienb Posts: 5

I've swapped to [edited by moderator]. It's free and has worked really well in the last few weeks.

• Oh look, the tyrants censored me. I'll let them do it again... dwservice is who I've started migrating too. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather do business with comcast instead of these losers. 

• TE5LA
    TE5LA Posts: 9 ✭✭

This appears to be a money grab from TeamViewer. Get thousands of people used to the software and then try to force a commercial account on them. I'm not buying that this "error" is being made to so many users here.

99.9% of my TeamViewer connections never leave my internal network because I'm using it to control a computer in the same room as this one. It's just more convenient than walking over to it. The other 0.1% is me logging into my home computer from work during lunch to check something I can't access from just anywhere. Nobody else is even ever involved in my use of TeamViewer and I'm getting these messages? I'm sure they are sending these out to everyone to see how many will fall for it. Sounds like phishing.

• PeterHah
    They simply take down the load from their servers by about 80% (my estimation), probably to downscale the servers in an attempt to avoid bancruptcy.
  • TE5LA
    TE5LA Posts: 9 ✭✭

No it shouldn't unless you are somehow directly benefitting financially from it.

• siaNYC
    siaNYC Posts: 1

Now  I am using remotePC and the price for the commerical usage is a fraction of TeamViewer.

• 03buecoupe

ROTFLMAO - I wish.... I REALLY hope it's just a screwup on their end that will be fixed shortly

@TE5LA wrote:

No it shouldn't unless you are somehow directly benefitting financially from it.