Sunsetting the multi-window user interface

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Announcements

Hi all,

We would like to announce that TeamViewer will discontinue offering the multi-window user interface on July 9th, 2019.

Since its first release in March 2018, we were continuously working together with our users and customers on making the one-window user interface smarter and better with every release.

We want to thank all our users and customer who provided us with their feedback and input on every TeamViewer iteration. This feedback was crucial to allow us to deliver an easy-to-use and state-of-the-art contemporary design.

We are happy to say that the new user interface is both future proof for new and exciting features to be added as well as ready to support our customers' different professional TeamViewer usage.

Following our goal to provide you with the best experience when using our software, we continue working on the TeamViewer user interface to secure meeting our customers' needs also in the future.

Switching to the one-window interface

If you are still using the old multi-window interface, you can switch to the new interface with six easy steps already today:

1. Start your TeamViewer (with the old interface).

2. In the main menu, click Extras and choose Options. The Options Dialogue Box will open.

WIndows_User_interface_v14_old.png

3. Select Advanced in the TeamViewer Options.

4. Tick the box next to Use new user interface.

2_Options_Advanced_Use_new_user_interface.png

5. Click the OK button in the lower right-hand corner.

6. Restart TeamViewer to apply the new interface setting: 

WIndows_User_interface_v14.png

Please note that the option Use new user interface and the possibility to switch back to the old interface will be removed on July 9th, 2019.

What are the benefits of the new interface?

Using a one-window interface allows you to focus on what is essential for you. See what´s currently relevant for you in one window and choose between the Remote Control, Remote Management, Meeting, Computers & Contacts or the Chat tab.

And independently of the tab you prefer working in: you can always make a remote control connection to a TeamViewer ID via the Instant Connect control at the top of the TeamViewer client.

To make it even more convenient: TeamViewer will always restart in the tab you had open before closing the software.

Another significant benefit for you is the possibility to re-size the TeamViewer window into the size, which is the most comfortable for you. Do you like it smaller or larger? Just choose your best fit.

And of course: TeamViewer will always restart in size, you defined before closing the software.

Don´t hesitate and activate the new interface today and start exploring a new and better way of working with TeamViewer.

For further information, please also read our Knowledge Base article about the TeamViewer User Interface.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• qsnexus
    qsnexus Posts: 2 ✭✭

Can someone PM me a download link to 14.3.4730 TeamViewer_Setup.exe, or any 14.3.x version.  I already have 14.2.2558 but would like to get 14.3.4730 as it was the last release that contained the classic UI option.  My ticket that I placed today with TeamViewer Support, to request that previous version download link, was replied to with "We don't have the classic user interface anymore" and the link to this article and discussion thread.

• filehippo.com they maintain older versions of Teamviewer , select older versions , 14.0..1 , 14.1 versions are available. The 14.2 and 14.3 versions listed redirect you to the Teamview site

• G-Man
    G-Man Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Well, I think we all know that TeamViewer doesn't care about all the posts here about the new interface.  Maybe we should ALL call them and voice our opinion?