Do you want to enjoy the new TeamViewer user interface for Windows?
Download the new version and let us know what you think about it! 👉 Please click here 👈
Why Can't I Control my Android Device?
Why can't I control my Android device? Can't TeamViewer make it possible?
Note: Posts asking about compatibility with android devices will be moved into this post
TeamViewer is capable of both viewing the screen and remotely controlling a range of Android devices. However, we, unfortunately, are not able to support all manufacturers or ROM's for these features, especially remote control.
- Screen sharing is available for all Android devices running Android 5.0 or higher.
- For remote control, we have a list of supported manufacturers in our article Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices.
- For devices not covered in this list, we offer the Universal Add-On for devices running the TeamViewer QuickSupport App and Android 7 (or newer)
Cannot download Add on from the play store / AOSP
- There are a small number of devices that are on our supported manufacturers list that are supported but are unable to download the add-on from the Playstore. This also occurs to some AOSP devices that may also be supported but you need to download from the website.
- We do support some AOSP devices. If you are running on AOSP it is best to download the app from our download page instead of the play store. If you installed from our website but cannot control your device, it is not one of these AOSP devices and it cannot be modified to allow access.
- TeamViewer does not officially support custom ROMs.
But why not just make it possible?
To allow full remote control of a device, we need cooperation from the manufacturers themselves which we do not have for all manufacturers.
As this does require the manufacturers support, we cannot simply commit to making this possible as we cannot do it alone. You can support us by reaching out to the manufacturer of your mobile device and let them know you want them to be compatible with TeamViewer.
What can I do to control my unsupported device?
If your device is unsupported, we are currently not able to provide you with this feature.
However, you still have access to file transfer and other great features. Also - we would like to encourage you to support us by reaching out to the manufacturer of your mobile device and let them know you want them to be compatible with TeamViewer.
I am a manufacturer, how can I get my device supported?
If you are a manufacturer and would like to work with us to support your devices, please contact us via this form.
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?