Henagon

Re: macOS Catalina is live!

Same problem with MAC OS 10.15.1

All settings checked!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Fully uninstall with config files, and reinstall problem solved.

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

@RebellTEL @relbas  If you haven't done so already: Do not only check (= "look at") the settings, but turn the checkbox off and then on again in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility, for both the TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop entries.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: TeamViewer is preparing for macOS Catalina

I cannot uncheck teamviewer_desktop or teamviewer. It just doesn't uncheck)

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

It helped, thanks! I quit teamviewer, deleted teamviewer and teamviewer_desktop from accessibility and started teamviewer again, checked teamviewer and teamviewer_desktop.

Now it's working, thanks a lot!

Posted by
Henagon

Remote Mac Screen is only partially visible on TeamV. I can see toolbar, but rest is grey/black

I have been remoting in to my mother's iMAC (2019).  After yesterday, she updated to latest MacOS version, and I can establish a connection and move the mouse, etc, but can only see the toolbar at the top of her screen - rest is greyed out.  We've reinstalled / updates both sides of TV, but still get this.  I can even highlight the toolbar on her mac, but cannot see any other activity.

Any suggestions woule be welcome.  I pretty much have to remote into her computer weekly to "unstick" something for her... Thanks

screen shot of remote macscreen shot of remote mac

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Remote Mac Screen is only partially visible on TeamV. I can see toolbar, but rest is grey/black

@MikeTX  Did you / your mother give TeamViewer Screen Recording access on her iMac? This is a new requirement enforced by macOS Catalina 10.15.

On your mother's iMac, there should be a yellow exclamation mark at the top of the TeamViewer main window:

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 09.49.59.png

If she clicks that exclamation mark, there should be a message and a button to request Screen Recording access. Clicking the button to request Screen Recording access should trigger a macOS prompt similar to this:

prompt.png

Click "Open System Preferences" to go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording. There she needs to check the box next to TeamViewer to permit it to record the screen contents:

systempreferences.png

When she checks the box, there will be a message to quit TeamViewer. After quitting and restarting TeamViewer, you should be able to see everything as expected.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Remote Mac Screen is only partially visible on TeamV. I can see toolbar, but rest is grey/black

MoreCoffee -

That did it!.  Many thanks.  We had gotten to that screen (from her side) yesterday, but she couldn't explain to me what she was seeing.  Once I knew what to look for, we got it running right away.  Of course, I then spent another hour trying to configure her printer....

Appreciate the response.

MikeTX

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Finally  a fix that works!!!!  My teamviewer 12 works on mac catalina now!

Thanks for this!