Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Business use? How to get help, it is not for business

I don't use this much, and never for business I only used it for my computer very rarely and to help a few other friends when they are stuck. But I got an email a while back saying they suspected I was using it for business, I replied and never heard anything. Today I opened it for the first time since then and got a message saying it was business use and would be terminated in five minutes. I can find out how to get in touch with anyone, how can I get this resolved?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Reset Team viewer

This is me right now... I sent in a request and they reset it, but I am still getting the commercial use message. So annoying!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Commercial use detected

I did the same months ago, no response. I don't know how many times I've filled in the forms saying that I'm not using this non-commercial...

I wonder if teamviewer is in economical trouble since they are now claiming so many private users being commercial....

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Commercial use detected

I believw greedy is the right word 

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: My account suddenly says its a commercial account. It's not. Keeps kicking me off.

I have tried to use the reset form at:https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/ but received this error message:

"Error
Sorry for the inconvenience, please try again later.
If the problem persists, please contact our helpdesk staff."

I can't contact support via a form because I only have the free version.Hopefully someone from Support monitors this thread.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Warning about commercial using under free license

hello Sirs

yesterday i has tried to help my friend

we both use teamviewer only for home not commercial, and newer use for commercial
my PC in my home (connected to wire provider named Almatel network, and my friend use Notebook connected to internet via WiFi to he cellphone (used LTE internet via russian BeeLine cellular network, Moscow)
My friend ask me for i help microphone gain issue only
When i try to connect to my friend - TeamViewer warn me - i am or my friend use FOR COMMERCIAL , and strict my time to shortly, so i cannot help my friend (

My ID is: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**
My friend ID is: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Why Teamviewer warned me and stricted my time?
i not use for commercial TeamViewer
i just sometime fully free help my friends only

Mikl777
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: My account suddenly says its a commercial account. It's not. Keeps kicking me off.

I am also having the same issue. I filled out the form and everything and today I got that popup again. This is rediculous. I did get an email that said again that it was reset but its not. Not sure why this is still happening and its the same PCs and nothing has changed.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Warning about commercial using under free license

TeamViewer is not reliable for domestic use anymore. Use another product. Search with Google and you'll find a very good product. Unfortunately I can't post the name here as this post will be deleted. Looks like this company doesn't trust anymore on the quality of its own product otherwise it wouldn't give a **bleep** if someone suggests something else...

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Warning about commercial using under free license

Please email me if you can.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I had no trouble getting to the form but it seems to be an exercise in futility.  In November I sent a long email about how I use Team Viewer and after 2 or 3 weeks I got a response that they were resetting me to the free version which I've used for years.  Nothing changed...the popup continued.

Early in Dec I sent another form stating the same info and a couple of days ago I got a response that said they were resetting me to free usage but again it hasn't happened so today I sent another request with the same info and if the same issue persists then I will have to find another one because this is not only annoying but a waste of time when you have to wait to log in.  Grrrrrr

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Samething.. I even sent in a faxed hand written letter that they requested to keep it free and its still happening.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Having to hand sign "Declaration of Private Use" form and send it to TeamViewer

@TonyaG wrote:

TeamViewer was unable to determine that I am using the TeamViewer app on my android phone personally. I don't understand why?!!! I only use it in my home with my android phone connected to my Personal Home Wifi network!!! Whether I use it for pure laziness or whatever, I use it to connect to one of my laptops at home and WITHIN MY HOME to check for updates, close out Chrome, cast something from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast etc. without having to physically go to one of my laptops and open them up to do this!!! I don't understand why they couldn't determine that this wasn't personal stuff!!! I ONLY use it at home connected to my Home Wifi!!! I don't get it! TeamViewer, please reconsider your decision! I don't want to have to go through the trouble of printing off that form, personally signing it, then scanning it into my laptop, and then sending it as a PDF to the email address you provided!!! I think the ink in my printer is dried up - Why are you making this so hard for me?!!!

Update: I was able to get TeamViewer unblocked on my android phone by filling out the Declaration of Private Use form using Adobe Acrobat on my laptop and choosing the "fill and sign" option in Adobe Acrobat and sending it to TeamViewer. I just discovered today that I can connect to my laptops in my home from my android phone while in my home without getting the "Commercial use detected..." message. I hope I don't have to go through this again!

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Having to hand sign "Declaration of Private Use" form and send it to TeamViewer

This is beyond ridicious. I had about a few months work trying to get my ID unblocked , had to sign the form and email back to them. Now they emailed me saying it was unblockd.

But no, I connect again. I IMMEDIATLY get the commercial notification again.

I am done. Done with Teamviewer. This isn't worth my time anymore.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

teamviewer commercial use

I have had this account for many years and for some time I have been making the mistake that I make commercial use
It already happened years ago and I had replied by sending a message to the support but now I can't find the email sent years ago
How can I solve it?
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

My teamviewer license switched from private use to commercial

Hi, as I updated my teamviewer license, it somehow switched from private use to commercial. So now my remote access is restricted to a time window to only few seconds.

Do you know why it happened, and how can I fix the problem? I have no idea why this did happened, since I am still only using my teamviewer for private use. Thanks!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Error trying to connect - says I need a commercial license

I created 3 tickets in the space of 3 weeks, no answers to any of them, not even an email confirming they received my ticket

@jelabarre59 wrote:

@Ying_Q wrote:

Hi @gideonse and @BenDice,

Thank you for you message.

If you think TeamViewer has mistakely marked your device usage and you would like to reset your TeamViewer ID, please fill in the form for reset request.

Your "Reset Form" is BROKEN though.  It has been broken for WEEKS now.  And no one at TV seems willing and/or ABLE to fix the problem.

You know, it may be "free" users having all these issues, but if the program, and it's so-called "support" structure is so broken, does not encourage people to buy a subscription for whatever extra/bonus features it might give us.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: [German] Webinar: Skalierbarer Fernsupport mit TeamViewer Tensor

Hello! I have installed a free version of a software product, not long ago your program began to block in work giving me 5 minutes, with suspicion of commercial activity. but I do not do this. Please understand and unlock my devices. thanks.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: Sudden time limit??

Timing out after 60 seconds.  Just upgraded to v15.  Message is: "Your TeamViewer sessioin has timed out and will be close."  No mention of suspected commercial use.  The only change is the upgrade.

Bug?  Config issue?  

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: we've detected you're using Teamviewer on a business network

Ha! Same problem here, but the exact inverse! My laptop & desktop are also both on the same home network, and I get the same message. However, for me it happens when I connect from my home desktop to my home laptop, but not from my laptop to my desktop,or frin ny desktop to my Surface...

I mean i get the desire to crack down, but this is rediculous, How can both coputers be on the same IP address (Gateway IP and Public IP,), as well as on the same subnet, but ona of them is somehow only one of them is on a comercial network? ITS THE SAME NETWORK!

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Go to  Link: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset/  scroll down and you will find a button to click to get the form or do what I did yesterday and go get another one that won't bug you.  I just got tired off it,

@ayoung0987 wrote:

I've had my account for many years.  It's a personal account.  I just use for my own home machines.

Suddenly it's now kicking me off saying it's a commercial account.

Trying to "submit a ticket" and i just get brought to the community page.  I figure I actually need someone from Teamviewer to fix this.

Any idea how I actually do that?

Thanks!

Posted by
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

TV thinks I use it commercially, but he is wrong. I use it to swap between my computers and my family members, of which there are 5 and none of them are used for anything related to commerce. I am ready to provide any data to verify this circumstance. Of course, no one obliges TV to provide anyone with a free service, this is the decision of the company itself. But why the refusal of the service to motivate the wrong reasons. It also sounds insulting

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Teamviewer thinks I am using it commercially, but I am not

I've been using Teamviewer now for years, I have it loaded on my 4 personal computers and I only ever remote between these 4 devices, for years. But today I went to remote into one and it says that TeamViewer will now close out you are using it commercially, but I am not. Because I am using the free version of TeamViewer, customer support won't even talk to me. Any suggestions or am I just s o l?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer thinks I am using it commercially, but I am not

I used Teamviewer to help my 93 year old father who recently went blind with ReadAloud articles and to help him "read" and respond to emails, and pay his online bills so this is a critically needed capability.  I have been unable to get support staff to reset my ID.  The support page says Teamviewer will get back to you in 7 business days but in my case I initially waited two weeks and after getting no response or change to my status,  I resbumitted the form. It's now approaching another 2 weeks so I'm actively looking at alternate capabilities as I've given up hope that they will ever respond and or honor their statement that TeamViewer is free for personal use. Given the number of times this appears as a forum issue, this is a continuing widespread problem and it's made worse by the lack of action taken by Teamviewer to correct their errors or even respond to  requests for ID resets.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Teamviewer thinks I am using it commercially, but I am not

Wow, thanks for letting me know and that sucks. I guess I should just forget about, uninstall it and switch to **Third Party Product** or one of the other dozen ones out there.[removed per Community Guidelines] Also, I think it is very nice you're helping your father out so much and I wish you both well.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Non-commercial use

hello,

I can no longer use teamviewer because its says that i have used teamviewer for commercial use, but the problem is that is never used teamviewer for commercial use.

Can you help me ?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Non-commercial use

This is 3rd ! Time that Teamviewer thinks that I use it commercial.... Never I do it. I use it only private.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Non-commercial use

k

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I have the same problem. I get the prompt:

TeamViewer is being used commercially by you or your connection partner. Your session will terminate within minutes.

I'm using TeamViewer to connect from my personal Windows 10 Home Laptop, to my personal Windows 10 Home desktop - both in the same room, on the same home router.

I already requested an account investigation/reset once, which appeared to be successful (a few weeks ago) but I'm getting the same issue again.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Every 5 minutes... "your session teamviewer has expired and will be closed"

every time I connect to the remote PC, after 5 minutes of use the connection is interrupted with the message "your session teamviewer has expired and will be closed".
I tried to check the timeout options too but they are disabled.expired.png

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I am at the end of my tether with this problem. I have 3 PC's using TV. My wife has a laptop overseas that I need to access urgently but I have been flagged as a commercial user and keep getting cut off every time I try and connect. I have submitted forms on-line and also emailed a signed declaration form 9 days ago and still no response. I tweeted to Team Viewer Support and got told to be patient and submit extra forms for each PC. From reading this blog it is pretty clear TV do not want free users and I just wish they would be honest enough to say that and reset my account and give me servic e for a few days so I can switch to another package.

@Melonc wrote:

It took over a month, but TeamViewer finally reset my ID so that I am once again a "free user!"  It was frustrating for awhile and I have always used and loved TV, so I am so happy they examined my case and understood that I am not a paid helper at all, nor did I use it with clients.  I guess I would say to be patient (I sent in two requests) and eventually they do get around to you.

Good Luck.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Wrong plan

Hi,

I have five computers that are online and I use them myself. It's been one week since TeamViewer told me I'm using my account in a professional way and that I must buy a license.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Teamviewer is saying I use my account for commercial reasons?

For some reason my account says its flagged as commercial use. When all I do is use it to connect to my home computer from my phone or while I am at work. Im not using it in a commercial environment or even using it to manage a personal server thats working with a paid service. What the heck Teamviewer? Ive used you for the last 10+ years with no issue. Why so judgy all of a sudden? I need someone from teamviewer to describe to me what they think commercially means.. Beacause I think there is a mixup here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Teamviewer is saying I use my account for commercial reasons?

I just got the same problem... I am using the app 10+ years now... I had the issue once but resolved as I could write them but now there is no clear way to submit a form to them... 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I have already supposedly had my account reset on November 14th.  I tried to help my senior friend 2 days later and receivied the "Commercial usse detected" message and couldn't even connect with her to help.

They do not offer phone support for "FREE" users, so we are flying on our own... I am BEYOND frustrated at this point and am ready to ditch this now useless piece of junk software for something that will truly work for free so I can continue to help my friends and family who just happen to live far away from me.   

I have been a major supporter of TeamViewer for years, and now it seems they do not want people using their software for free  since a major update that was released juat over a month ago. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I also got the impression that they want to reduce the number of free users, but instead of introducing clear restrictions on the time of use, the number of computers, etc. partly accuse some users of violating the rules of use. ...

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Suspect commercial use after upgrading to Catalina

Hello, after updating to Catalina I can control my mac from any device. If I connect to macos using other computer mouse and keyboard doesn’t work. If I try to connect trough IOS devices such as Ipad or iPhone I also receive the warning that there’s a suspect commercial use and I can have a connection just for few seconds (unable to use mouse and keyboard). Could someone help me please this is making me struggling.

Thanks

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Accusing people of commecial use and blocking any use after 30 seconds is a truly awful tactic to reducing free users. 

I have filled the forms out emailed support restarted computers and still it does not work!

The lack of response and this long thread of complaints demonstrates how much Team Viewer doesn't want free users.

Is there no one in the community admin that can escalate this thread to TV management?

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Why is this thread labelled 'solved' when so many people are clearly unable to use the free service?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Take your heads out of the sand

I totally don't understand these 545 local sufferers.
Once upon a time, there is an absolutely legal method for solving a problem.
Moreover, it does not in any way affects the rights of the company Teamviewer and they cannot present any claims to you.
All you need to do is change the hard disk serial number (the one you see when execute dir command) and MAC address of the network card of your computer. How to do this is easily searched on the Internet. In case you find it difficult, there is even a special application that do it for you and it also easy to find.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I have no choice as I have no access to the remote PC to install alternative software.  TV are cutting me off after 30 sec!

I think any company acting the wayTV are needs calling out. They are still promoting private use is free and they need to either provide a free service or stop saying they do!

Strange how even a community manager says don't waste your time on the forum complaining about this?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’Stop whining, read the previous postm using the software commercially!

Stop whining, read the previous post

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

timeout

as of today i am being kicked out after 5 minutes, repeatable.  it assumes i should buy a commercial license.

the "about .."  states i have a free license. and i am using it only for private use. I am retired, no business

what do i need to do?

thanks

Karl

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

commercial use detected and form ignored

hi,

i have the dreaded commercial use detected and so i filled in the form and received an email saying couldn't work out, so still barred. so printed off another form and signed and emailed.

no response to this so still barred

i am trying to upgared the grandparents pc's to win10 and not going well so really not helpful this at all. i've never used my own account commercially.

what is going on, what am i supposed to do!

cheers

pete

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

falsely detected commercial use

I have the free teamviewer version that i mainly use for connecting to my pc downstairs that is connected to my 3d printer. I can then transfer files from my main pc upstairs and turn the printer on, .... I have been doing this for over 2 years and last week teamviewer started giving me notifications that it detected commercial use. I don't know how it detects this but maybe it's because of the 3Dprinting software that runs on my computer? I can now only use teamviewer for 5 mins at a time. Is there any way i can fix this?

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

no answer for commercial use suspected

I'm waiting for an answer from teamviewer specialist to reset commercial use suspected for almost two months now. I filled out the form at:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

I checked my spam also. I'm not using my team viewer for commercial use but I don't know how resolve this.

Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected' 

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

session is canceled 59 seconds

iPhone 8

OS 12.2

When you connect from your phone to your home computer, the session is canceled 59 seconds after the connection.

Always and constantly. I'm wait more than 10 minutes and try to do something in 59 seconds.image.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

Re: session is canceled 59 seconds

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: no answer for commercial use suspected

I use Teaviewer since .....I do`nt know. My first call was with the founder...... And now Teamviewer calls me  "commercial user" and I get all the "comfort" from an illegal user..., as an "Insider".... Thank you very, very much to the Teamviewer team !! May be a problem of succes. And / Or:large companies  - or their employees - are not interested in individual customers, because they apparently do not understand that people like us are very important for their workplace........

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

ПОДДЕРЖКА

HELLO!!!
I ALREADY SENT MESSAGES SENT TO YOUR MAIL, NO ANSWER AND HELP.
YOU DO NOT WANT TO HELP ME WITH YOUR TeamViewer PROGRAM.
MY ENTRANCE IS LOCKED FOR CONTROL OF MY COMPUTER.
I WILL WRITE ONCE AGAIN.
I've long enjoyed your program, manage a home computer when I'm at sea,AT WORK.POSLE UPDATES 15 UPDATE MY FREE ENTRANCE ZABLOKIROVAN.YA NOT use paid VERSIEY.KOGDA I'm at work I watch sometimes at his game that is included on the home COMPUTER.HELP PLEASE RESTORE MY FREE CONNECTIONS OR EXPLAIN WHAT MY PROBLEM IS, WHERE AND WHAT I VIOLATED.
THANKS.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Non-Commercial Use Warning - Reset and then Not Reset

I do not use my TeamViewer for commercial use and filled out the declaration of private use form and my TeamViewer was reset to non-commercial use.

I just recieved an email saying that they could not confirm that I use this only for non-commercial use after I revieve my email about TeamViewer being reset and they want me to fill out another form. This would make the third time filling out the form. I did not use the program in between the emails.

How can this be corrected? I tried calling TeamView and could not talk to anyone since I was not purchasing the software.