Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

TeamViewer website opens on every PC restart

I am a free non-commercial user. Everytime I restart my laptop, the TeamViewer website opens. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

4 Replies
4 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: TeamViewer website opens on every PC restart

Hello @NAGDT

Thank you for your message.

We could not reproduce this on our computers.

Could you please post a screenshot in order to see how this looks like?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

This happens to me too, every reboot for at least 8 months. I've looked in all of the the startup locations and the Task Scheduler and there is nothing but the usual TeamViewer services.

Running the latest version (15.10.5) and even clicking Help to get the About info opened up a web browser to the same page as I get on startup.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit (20H2+Patch Update). 32gb Ram, Intel Core i9-10900K 5.3Ghz Processor and a nVidia RTX 2080 GPU. and it's basically a clean install, but having the popup and web page for months, on every install.

At first, I didn't mind it, but now after months and on every reboot, it's becoming annoying.

The browser page I get  on every Windows startupThe browser page I get on every Windows startup

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MMK and hi @NAGDT 

Thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply!

From what I found out is that this behavior has been disabled now.

That means you should not experience it again that a web browser simply opens.

Would you mind updating this thread in case this happens again? Just to make sure it is indeed disabled.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle!

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi Esther,

Thank you for the update. 

Yes, a day or so after I posted my comment, they stopped popping up. I wondered why, but I'm glad the issue is fixed.

Thanks very much four the help and for letting us know.

Mike.