TeamViewer website opens on every PC restart

I am a free non-commercial user. Everytime I restart my laptop, the TeamViewer website opens. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @NAGDT

Thank you for your message.

We could not reproduce this on our computers.

Could you please post a screenshot in order to see how this looks like?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• MMK
    MMK Posts: 2 ✭✭

This happens to me too, every reboot for at least 8 months. I've looked in all of the the startup locations and the Task Scheduler and there is nothing but the usual TeamViewer services.

Running the latest version (15.10.5) and even clicking Help to get the About info opened up a web browser to the same page as I get on startup.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit (20H2+Patch Update). 32gb Ram, Intel Core i9-10900K 5.3Ghz Processor and a nVidia RTX 2080 GPU. and it's basically a clean install, but having the popup and web page for months, on every install.

At first, I didn't mind it, but now after months and on every reboot, it's becoming annoying.

The browser page I get  on every Windows startupThe browser page I get on every Windows startup

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @MMK and hi @NAGDT 

Thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply!

From what I found out is that this behavior has been disabled now.

That means you should not experience it again that a web browser simply opens.

Would you mind updating this thread in case this happens again? Just to make sure it is indeed disabled.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• MMK
    MMK Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Esther,

Thank you for the update. 

Yes, a day or so after I posted my comment, they stopped popping up. I wondered why, but I'm glad the issue is fixed.

Thanks very much four the help and for letting us know.

Mike.

• I am getting that same on version 15.13.6

• gtselios
    gtselios Posts: 1

Hello,

I am getting the same on version 15.20.6.

Every time I logon with administrator account, a browser window open in page https://www.teamviewer.com/en/documents/?version=15.20.6+

Please, advice what to do, in order to stop this behavior.

George.

• AdAdmicom
    AdAdmicom Posts: 1

Have the same with version 15.22.3 (x64)

this is very annoying.

I reinstalled my PC last week, started after installing TeamViewer, never had this before.

• fbmacdee
    fbmacdee Posts: 3 ✭✭

I just installed teamviewer on 2 fresh windows 10 pcs and i am getting this too. Any fix?

• I'm experiencing this problem as well. Every time I log into my PC the default web browser loads "How to Use TeamViewer: All You Need to Know | TeamViewer". https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/documents/?lng=en&version=15.23.9%20&cid=895210274

• JSPREN
    JSPREN Posts: 1

Having this exact same issue on a fully up to date and new windows 11 notebook. Installed the most recent TeamViewer version today (downloaded from TeamViewer.com) and for every Windows user (both admin and non admins) the default browser will open with a localized manual page after windows login. (Dutch in my case)

• I'm getting this issue on one laptop - but other machines are not affected - all the same version of TeamViewer

• deejinoz
    deejinoz Posts: 34 ✭✭

Paying customer here and I am getting these web pages appearing after updates are installed. Please, TeamViewer, respect our right, as paying customers, to not be pestered unnecessarily and incessantly when all we're doing is regular updates of your client software!

• dviklund
    dviklund Posts: 1

Having the same issue, paying customer, using the latest version of Teamviewer...

Who thought this was a good idea at TeamViewer?

• This is super annoying, how do we get rid of this?

• Same issue and a paying customer. TeamViewer needs to fix this. Currently using version 15.26.4.

• CHouston
    CHouston Posts: 1

I've read thru many of these posts talking about the underlying issue of the "How to use TeamViewer" automatically opening up in a browser window. It would be really nice if these posts had a resolution for how to disable this from happening. I have TeamViewer (licensed) on two of my servers with no network connection. So when this browser automatically opens, I of course just see " This site can't be reached". Very annoying and I do not want this to open every time I log into the server. Is there a fix for this?

• walkermacy
    walkermacy Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am experiencing this issue after a clean install of the full version of TeamViewer (which needed to happen because the previous installation kept logging out randomly, which was super annoying after a while). So now whenever I log in to my work computer (on Windows) with version 15.28.8, it opens this web page each time (my home computer has an older version of TeamViewer though). Is this related to the Microsoft Edge Webview2 for Remote Control functionality, perhaps? The page opens in Edge, which I have running all the time for administrative tasks, but it's not my default browser.

It's easy enough to just close the tab and go on with my day, but the behavior is really strange and it would be nice to make it stop.