I have an application that will not allow the password to be typed when using TeamViewer. When you are connected the password field will not allow entry of the password. I can do everything else except use this program. It's like the application knows that I'm not using the keyboard or mouse attached to the pc. Any suggestions as to how to make this work? Thanks.
Thanks for posting.
Sounds like one secure program :)
Have you tried logging in with windows authentication? This give TeamViewer deeper access and can also bypass UAC, so this may assist.
First, Turn on "Windows Logon" on the computer you are connecting to by going to "Extras" > "Options" > "Security" > "Rules for connections to this computer" > Windows Logon = "Allowed".
You will also need to disable "Easy Access" if enabled.
Then, if you are connecting from your computers and contacts list, click the "v" arrow next to the device > Settings cog > "Properties" > "Advanced" (Down the bottom) > Change Authentication mode to "Windows Authentication".
If you are connecting directly with an ID, click "advanced" when prompted for a password and change authentication to "Windows Authentication".
Then, when connecting to the device, use your username and password to connect instead of your TeamViewer password. If your computer is part of a domain, you will need to enter DOMAIN\username in the first field.
I hope this works for you!
Thanks Scotty for your help but I don't think it's going to let me. I may still be connecting wrong but when I log in it brings me to my network log in screen. I also have UAC turned off. The application uses SafeNet Authentication Client and I may not be able to use TeamViewer to access the application. Also, another question, when you use windows authentication, it still takes me to the login page of my network. Is that supposed to be that way? Maybe I still have it setup incorrectly. Thanks a bunch for all the help.
I have but it's like it knows that I'm not typing on the attached keyboard. It's a tough program! They just updated it and it stopped working and when we ask them they said they did not support thin clients. :/
Try entering the password in Notepad or similar, then copy and paste into the password field.
I did that too. As soon as you click paste it erases it. Thanks a bunch!
Instead of right clicking paste try "control v" , which is paste from a keyboard point of view.
I would also try different OSK freeware programs to see if they work. Sometimes things are weird, and one succeeds when others fail.
You might also look deeper into the program you are using. View every item that can be changed to see if there is a relationship to what you want. Does the company have a forum? Have you done a generic internet search with your keywords? Look at the installation folder and any REG files to see if anything can be edited to your benefit. This is where the fun begins!
That is a pain :/
I'm sorry, I am out of ideas. But I will ask around and contribute again if anyone comes up with any bright ideas, this is an interesting question, but I think we are literally trying to circumvent intended behaviour of the software you are using.
As for the login, yes. TeamViewer cannot send login information to the client. It will take you to the login page sorry and you will need to enter the details again.
Good luck and I'll ask around.
You wrote they "updated" the program., Is it possible to roll back to the previous version?
Sorry I should have put that in the previous message. I tried it both ways.
It's Federal Reserve software and the part that does not let you in is called SafeNet Authentication Client. They send you the updates and if you don't install them you don't have access to the website. I stayed at the same level for a long time when I was using joinme but then I found TeamViewer and liked it so much better that I have been using it for a while. Fedline then made us update to IE11 and the new SafeNet software and it has never worked for me again. I think I'm about to give up. Thanks for all the suggestions.
I use Firefox with a plugin that allows me to change the user agent. If IE11 is a possible way in, try to exploit it. Use Firefox as your default web explorer. Change the user agent to IE11 and see what happens.