We are using TeamViewer Version 15 and for some time now we have not been able to connect to our clients in a reliable way.
We have discovered the following:
- The user opens via Intranet our TeamViewer QuickSupport. Either it takes some time until the ID is displayed or an error message appears that the Internet Connection should be checked. The Internet Connection is fine.
- If an ID appears at the client, it takes a long time until the connection to the partner is established or the connection is terminated (Initialize connection parameters). Sometimes 3-4 attemps are necessary until the connection to the partner is established.
- In addition we have found that version 10 of TeamViewer QuickSupport is much more better performing that version 15 of TeamViewer QuickSupport.
Now the questions:
- What must be configured on the Firewall (Ports, FQDN, IPs) etc.. to run TeamViewer with a stable performance?
- Why does an older version of TeamViewer QuickSupport (version 10) work much better than version 15 of TeamViewer QuickSupport?
I would like to thank you in advance for the answers.
Thank you for your message.
You will find all the information you need about which ports have to be open to use TeamViewer in a stable way in our Knowledge Base article here: Which ports are used by TeamViewer?
As we always try to improve our software, it is not expected that a previous version works better than a new one. Therefore, we cannot really answer this before you have check your ports.
If you need any further information, please let me know.
Thanks for your reply.
I think, the ports and the destination IP addresses mentioned in the article are already open. We have monitored the logs on our firewall and we have detected, that our application filter blocked some content.
This week we will observe the behaviour of TeamViewer. Please let the ticket open.
Many thanks for your update.
This sounds good - we are looking forward to hearing from you.