Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Photon

How to change commercial use to private use or vice versa?

Dear all,

How can I check what my account type is? And, how can I change my account from commercial use to private use or vice versa?

After a while my Teamviewer session are terminated and it shows "this was a free session sponsored by ... ". I check the advanced tab in option but their is no time set-up for ending session automatically. So I think it might have to do something with my account type.

Thanks for all the help!

Nino.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to change commercial use to private use or vice versa?

Hi ninoo,

Thank you for your post!

When you click in your TeamViewer application on Menu --> Help --> About TeamViewer you get the information about your license type. (If you are logged in with your TeamViewer account, you are getting the information about your account license as well.)

About TeamViewer.png

In this example you can see, that there is no license activated on the device itself (it is stated as free under License), but there is an active Corporate license on the TeamViewer account (Account license: Corporate).

If you want to swich to the commercial usage, you can simply activate your TeamViewer license on your TeamViewer account and/or your TeamViewer ID. 

If you want to switch from a commercial usage back to a private usage, you´ll have to contact our support directly. Please read this Knowledge Base article to get further information about this.

I hope, this information helps you.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to change commercial use to private use or vice versa?

Hi ninoo,

Thank you for your post!

When you click in your TeamViewer application on Menu --> Help --> About TeamViewer you get the information about your license type. (If you are logged in with your TeamViewer account, you are getting the information about your account license as well.)

About TeamViewer.png

In this example you can see, that there is no license activated on the device itself (it is stated as free under License), but there is an active Corporate license on the TeamViewer account (Account license: Corporate).

If you want to swich to the commercial usage, you can simply activate your TeamViewer license on your TeamViewer account and/or your TeamViewer ID. 

If you want to switch from a commercial usage back to a private usage, you´ll have to contact our support directly. Please read this Knowledge Base article to get further information about this.

I hope, this information helps you.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post