Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Sorry for the interruption Your usage level has crossed the free user allowance

Hey There

hope you can help.

A while ago now I helped a friend set up a 1 way connection to another pc 

It is Her fathers Pc, so she could log into his PC help him if he had trouble using the pc online. , now she tends to check his emails and pay some bills etc.as he is getting a litttle forgetful. , She isnt very technical but can use a pc for day to day stuff. He lives about 45 minutes away, so she has found it pretty convienient.

it has Worked all this time no worries, apart from the odd update or restarts but today she gets a message that , Your usage level has crossed the FREE user allowance. What does that mean ? She doesn't log into other pcs , and the other end deffinetly doesn't.

Anyway I did a search and found nothing. if you have any ideas id appreciate it.

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

Re: Filling in the Commerical Use Suspected Form fails with "500 Internal Server Error"

Same thing here! Please help us..

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

I contacted the Sales team today who actually sent me to this link: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/
If you fill out the form and attach your TeamViewer13 Logfile, they'll assess your usage and appropriately deal with your request.
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Another one here!!!
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

The lifting of commercial restrictions

Not commercially available

Connect your personal computer

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: Filling in the Commerical Use Suspected Form fails with "500 Internal Server Error"

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

thanks for the post telling me about Any desk I've downloaded it and its super fast :

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Although i have personal use of Team Viewer, it says me " Commercial Use Detected" and blocks me after 5 minutes.  I am student&research assistant and i need to use the computer on my university for my personal work&research. I have used Team Viewer account for 6 months on the same computers and networks(one of them is University). 

For 4 days, i have faced this problem. 

What is changed ?  Anyone has this problem ?

Need help! 

Thanks...

[personal information removed by moderator]

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I have the same problem when connecting from Android app to my home PC. I have no problem connecting from another PC to my home PC so I suspect it's the Android app that is at fault. Take note that I have been using the Android app to connect to my home PC for years and this is the first time that I see this problem.

Android App Version: 13.1.8817 CL

[personal information removed by moderator]

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I am having the same problem as well. The program is telling me commercial use detected. Is there a new limitation to the free license?

I use Team Viewer to check my home personal PC and my Dad's PC to help him out. I didn't think this was enough for commercial use, perhaps I am wrong?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

connection timed out?

hi friends

im using a free version to connect 2 of my personal laptiops. it was working ok all the while. now getting this error suddenly - https://www.dropbox.com/s/z55smpl0i5fcdtq/2018-05-30_13-02-10.png?dl=0

i closed all teamviewer sessions and after few min getting this error again!

Any idea?

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Seems there might be a bug in the program

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Yes I hav just got the ame problem here in Australia. Used it for first time today and this **bleep** comes up.

Frustrating...... I have only ever had 'personal use' to use for this software. 

Sad day if they are gonna start limiting us to use this software.  Happy to pay a small fee of say $30AUD for a yearly subscription. :smileytongue:

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: Commercial Use Suspected BUT I have a business license

I keep getting this all of a sudden with a free account that is NOT being used commercially, how does one fix this i am starting to get really fed up with it! All i am trying to do at the moment is send files from my laptop to my desktop because since the latest Windows 10 1803 Build Updating and them getting rid of Homegroup my computers can see one another but i cannot access 1 from the other and vice versa so to transfer files i was using teamviewer as a workaround until it was fixed, that is not commercial use!

Regards

David

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Sorry for the interruption Your usage level has crossed the free user allowance

So is there any solution to this or has support placed it in the "Too hard basket" ?
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Seems that there is now a usage allowance limit on free accounts. I have a msg showing I have exceeded the free usage limit and any clicks close the connection and brings up the msg you got.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: Sorry for the interruption Your usage level has crossed the free user allowance

Using teamviewer is getting error even for non-commercial.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

have no idea at all why getting this prompt, as i'm using this method to remote home pc for games stuff. no change in ID, no change in config, no added any new computers, no new teamviewer id is connected. 

below is the screen i get

tv.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Yup, same here. Very annoying. I've done what they asked and gone through their support. Now we wait.

I'd hate to have to look for an alternative to TeamViewer. I really like it.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Same here! So this looks like a universal problem that's more like a "bug" from Teamviewer's side. I've been using TV for several years now and this is the first time I was suspected as a commercial user when all I do is remote computers one-by-one in a very rare fashion (only when I need to).

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Same problem here. Same error message. I was only logged in about 5 minutes. Logged on, went to get a drink, came back and was disconnected and the message popped up. I only use for private use also. A fix would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!!

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Yeah, we bought a licence and still get this *shrug*

also, 5 mins = 30 seconds???

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

The same thing just happened when I tried again after only being logged on for 56 seconds.

Capture Team Viewer.PNG

Whilst logged on I was directed to the following. As previously mentioned, I only use Team Viewer for personal use, not business. I certainly won't be paying the fees below for personal use, simply can't justify that kind of spending.

Capture Team Viewer 2.PNG

Here's hoping it's just a glitch in the systems. Otherwise I will be looking for an alternative.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

TeamViewer violation "commercial use"

Hey there, since a few days I get an error message when trying to connect to a TeamViewer partner. message says that for my account is a suspicion of commercial use. but I use TeamViewer only for private purposes e.g. helping my family when in IT trouble.

I cant open a support ticket, because I am a private user without a license and the hotline says me the same: please :goto community ...

Who can I how contact to clear this up and to get back "full private use" of teamviewer?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Is this a new bug? if that's the case, we have to report. For my case, I just use it for personal use..
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Commercial Use Detected

Although I have personal use of TeamViewer, it says me " Commercial Use Detected" and blocks me after 5 minutes.
I am a loyal Teamviewer user, I have been happy to use your service for a long time, thank you very much for the perfect service you provided, and I also recommended your software to many of my friends. But this evening I was suddenly misjudged for business users that I couldn't normally use your high quality free service, so I write this post for help.
I am student from China.I need to use the computer on my dormitory when I am in class.Long time usage has made me fall in love with this software. I really don't want to use other softwares.

Posted by
Henagon

Rather than me creating the same thread, I too have been hit with this warning all of a sudden. I can't get 5 minutes use however. It kicks me out after 30 seconds. I have tried contacting Teamviewer via twitter today, but no response.

Shame really. I don't use it for business, i just have a lot of PCs (4) in my house and it makes life easier. Also allows me to access them from my phone if I am out.

I tried removing old PC's I had logged into from the list, thinking perhaps the bug pertains to the number of devices in the list. So whittled it down to the 4 we only have, but alas no.. still getting this pop up.

I wonder if a TeamViewer rep will explain on here, or if they'll be happy for a large portion of users to find alternative software.
18 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Mine doesn’t show me “commercial use suspected” anywhere. I’m going to be blaming Team Viewer for having to request an extension on my work. I wonder if Team Viewer will write me a note?! 🤔😂
Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

same here, but I get the commercial use popup - I don't use it commercially and certainly can't afford the subscription for personal use. whats the deal? seems like there is no contesting the commercial use accusation ...

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

I’ve completed the “personal use verification form”. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/
To which the pop up after submission said they would try to respond within 30 days due to the high volume. 😱 People have all moved to a new program before that 30 days are up.
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I tried everything yesterday ive ended up using a new free program Any desk its is awesome try it good luck TeamViewer im over it im not paying you any money for the amount of time i use it
Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Thats how it will be @AlexisJane - we need a solution now, and Teamviewer will take up to 30 days? wont bother migrating back ... Like when **Third Party Product**  went commercial only - suspect thats why most of us use teamviewer. What next? **Third Party Product**?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Thanks for the sharing, have submitted the request. How's going with your request has it been approved?

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Teamviewer needs to fix this BUG NOW!!!! We are not commercial users. Now I cant log into my elderly mother's machine to fix her problem and I don't feel like driving 250klms! Get your act together Teamviewer
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

The free version has worked for me for 2 years. This problem started yesterday (30th May)

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Getting the same issue. Thought maybe they are limiting the total session time for a day so I just tried again today - first atrempt. Logged me out after less than a minute saying I'd exceed the time and I have to wait 10 minutes to connect again.

This makes it useless. I don't have any indicator saying "commercial use detected" which is what I think the form is for.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

It'll be hilarious if your reply is marked as a solution XD

Anyway, I have switched to **Third Party Product** and it's really good. Just need time to get used to.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Just trying to get a long enough session to run **Third Party Product** on my remote Mac!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Yeah did the same form, got same reply. Not sure why they requested the teamviewer version kog file as it dont not contain usage, just start up and shutdown info (ny teamviewer is active whenever pc is on and that's all the time).

The file they should have asked for is the Connections_incoming.txt file as it shows who you connected to (in my case it would be up to four different pc's/mobile devices) all of which are mine. So no commercial usage where I was paid for services in any way, only personal use for things my partner and I own.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Same issue here. Everything has been working fine for 2 years. All started not working yesterday. Something must have changed on TeamViewers backend.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Same problem. No problems all years then this suddenly happened. I only use TV between 2 PCs. How is this a commercial use? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: connection timed out?

this is crazy, within 20 seconds im getting this msg - https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4pznn4j9nm2pty/2018-05-31_11-10-04.png?dl=0

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Sorry for the interruption Your usage level has crossed the free user allowance

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

I found what I was looking for however no assistance has been provided on any of the posts/replies etc.

How can I stop TeamViewer from closing after one minute?

I'm running TeamViewer to access my PC or my brother inlaws and do not operate as a comercial options. I do however access these PC's via my work laptop when they need help.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Why are we not getting an answer to this? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

i have encountered the same problem, please restore my access back to personal use. thanks

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

suddenly yesterday mine lets me in to my home PC but for 1min then kicks me off with message:...

CONNECTION BLOCKED AFTER TIMEOUT - YOUR LICENCE LIMITS THE MAXIMUM SESSION TO A PARTNER, IMMEDIATE RECONNECTS ARE BLOCKED.  PLEASE TRY LATER OR UPGRADE YOUR LIC. 

CONNECTIONS TO THIS PARTNER WILL BE BLOCKED UNTIL XX:XX  (15min later) each time

I use it to access my home computer from work, occasionally, used it once this week on tues., then this yesterday.  Hardly commercial use

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

Hi, can i know why i get this message " This app seems to be used in commercial environments. your session will end within 5 minutes". But i'm only use it from my iphone to connect to my laptop. How to get rid of this? Thank you.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Same thing, after updating to the latest version. The way to bypass it for now is to use iOS (maybe same goes for Android, not sure) TeamViewer - no issues there for now.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Same issue here, have used TeamViewer for years for personal use and now this has happened in windows.

Seems to work ok under IOS on iphone.